Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    There will be a 2 car garage under the kitchen/dining/living room area. Basement under the rest of the rooms. (this is where the pool table will live & my 2 channel system will begin to grow) Then a 10' by 28' deck out the kitchen door. Full roof on that and completely closed in by sliding glass doors (minus a small section in the upper corner for the grill) The half wall between the kitchen & living room becomes a 1/4 wall with counter tops the other 1/4. The whole house will be 2 feet wider. The living room, master bath & master bedroom all get the extra 2 feet along that front wall. The living room will double as the HT room, getting darker colors.

More later. Time to drive home.
    Sounds nice. By the way, I started drinking for you. By the way, I started drink for you.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    There will be a 2 car garage under the kitchen/dining/living room area. Basement under the rest of the rooms. (this is where the pool table will live & my 2 channel system will begin to grow) Then a 10' by 28' deck out the kitchen door. Full roof on that and completely closed in by sliding glass doors (minus a small section in the upper corner for the grill) The half wall between the kitchen & living room becomes a 1/4 wall with counter tops the other 1/4. The whole house will be 2 feet wider. The living room, master bath & master bedroom all get the extra 2 feet along that front wall. The living room will double as the HT room, getting darker colors.

More later. Time to drive home.
    Sounds cool! Basements are not very common down here. I may have known why at one time, but I can't remember. A basement seems like the perfect man lair for many manly things such as pool tables, beer, tube amps, beer, chick and movie posters and perhaps some beer although I'm sipping a glass of wine at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Sounds nice. By the way, I started drinking for you. By the way, I started drink for you.
    Thanks, have another one for me. And while you're at it, pass me a cookie.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Sounds cool! Basements are not very common down here. I may have known why at one time, but I can't remember. A basement seems like the perfect man lair for many manly things such as pool tables, beer, tube amps, beer, chick and movie posters and perhaps some beer although I'm sipping a glass of wine at the moment.
    Maybe something about the water table being one or two feet below the ground. Just a guess.
    Yes, the basement is man's land. It starts off raw, but it will change over the years. On a side note, wifey is getting all new kitchen appliences, including a new fridge. Guess where the old one goes. There may be room in there for a beer or two. Just a couple steps from the pool table.

PARTY!
    PARTY!
    PARTY!

WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Sounds good. Any plans for a wild and crazy house warming party?
    I agree with the drinking advice. Damn good advice. That reminds me this glass in front of me is empty and the weekend has begun. Have a great one and enjoy tomorrow.

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Sounds good. Any plans for a wild and crazy house warming party?
    I agree with the drinking advice. Damn good advice. That reminds me this glass in front of me is empty and the weekend has begun. Have a great one and enjoy tomorrow.

Peace

Bernd
    oh yeah. That goes without saying. Drinking advice? Put glass to lips before tipping?

Enjoy. The BOT is in full bloom.

No B.O.T. here. Winter has returned. Bloody hell.
    Good to hear about the Party plans. If you need somebody to man the BBQ, I am your man.

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Breaking ground...

I can remember about ten years ago I bought my first house, what a feeling. At the time, I was travelling quite a bit for work( a couple hundred days a year ) and it got to be a bit much. Having always been a city boy at heart I've done the condo thing ever since. That having been said, this new hobby of mine has me definitely reconsidering for obvious reasons.
    It sounds as though you have big plans for the place and I'm sure all will turn out as intended. Congrats!

Thanks Bob. Yeah, nothing like your own house for HT.

Hey Bernd, I'll send you some sun. Plenty here. Looking at 60+ temps today.

I'll keep you all updated on the party.

"Well ya see, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Dont forget "HOT TUB " in basement for those wild parties!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    "Well ya see, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
    After a few beers I also feel prettier.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    After a few beers I also feel prettier.
    Yeah well, uh. I'm not getting in the hot tub with you.

Yeah well, uh. I'm not getting in the hot tub with you.
    So few people will get in the hot tub with me. Maybe it's my snorkel.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

So few people will get in the hot tub with me. Maybe it's my snorkel.
    That, and you keep blowing Bubbles.

No bubbles in hot tub

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    No bubbles in hot tub
    Bubbles are OK. Blowing bubbles is OK. Blowing Bubbles is not, well not OK while i'm in the tub.

I did not know Bubbles was back in town. Thanks
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

She back ,with a new act

Wonder if your going to invite this one in hot tub?What would your wife say?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Wonder if your going to invite this one in hot tub?What would your wife say?
    She'd say, "I already warned her that I would chop her into tiny pieces like hamburger if she ever touched my man."
    Last edited by GMichael; 03-12-2006 at 05:43 PM.

So glad that someone picked up on that.

Here are the latest pics of my new HT room.
    Wifey wasn't feeling well that day. Please excuse her unhappy expressions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!-pa-house-004.jpg   They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!-pa-house-013.jpg   They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!-pa-house-003.jpg  

Huh?

What went wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!-pa-house-003.jpg   They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!-pa-house-004.jpg   They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!-pa-house-013.jpg  

Kam
    when you post more than one at a time in a thread, it lumps them together like that.

btw... that is a nice spot and the possibilities are limitless!
    /create

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information