AR Newbie Registered Member

Is There A Solid Stereo Reciver To Be Found

I want to puchase 4 polk Lsi9's, and the pinnacle digital 600 sub, BUT I am unable to find a stereo reciver with a sub output..... Do they make a stereo reciever with enough outputs to run 4 bookshelf speakers (polk Lsi9's) and a subwoofer........

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK DAL
    I want to puchase 4 polk Lsi9's, and the pinnacle digital 600 sub, BUT I am unable to find a stereo reciver with a sub output..... Do they make a stereo reciever with enough outputs to run 4 bookshelf speakers (polk Lsi9's) and a subwoofer........
    Heads up, Nick -
    You're looking for the wrong product since "stereo receivers" are fast becoming a vanishing breed, and rightly so. What you should be looking at is an A/V receiver, which will very likely have features and capabilities that may be totally unimportant to you. But - such a product WILL do everything you want done, and have all of the capabilities that you presently need (plus some that you might decide are worthwhile a few miles down the road).

There is a perectly good (and logical) reason why I'm advising you this way. That is, that A/V receivers are now being built in humongous numbers (hundreds of 1000s), while stereo receivers are only built in much smaller quantities (there's no longer much of any demand for them). This results in economies of scale in production that work in YOUR favor when you "go along with the tide".

Look at the Yamaha line of receivers. They represent the very best value in the marketplace today. Whatever your budget, there'll be a suitable model available from them that will not only fill the bill sonically, but give you unsurpassed reliability to boot!

Hope this helps you
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Thread Information