Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Quote of the Day

Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shiit.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Quote of yesterday...

“I’m just going to say one thing. I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” ---Sean Avery

Anybody think that either Fall Girl's quote or the Avery bit should be worthy of an indefinite suspension?
    Last edited by bobsticks; 12-04-2008 at 08:24 AM.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    “I’m just going to say one thing. I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” ---Sean Avery

Anybody think that either Fall Girl's quote or the Avery bit should be worthy of an indefinite suspension?
    Avery's quote was uncalled for. Mine is simply a fact.

I think that an indefinate suspension for a comment that has nothing to do with the sport is silly. Especially when you consider some other suspensions that have been given for far worse. Even Bertuzzi only got 20 games for his attack on Steve Moore.

I say let Avery out on the ice and let the players handle it.

(sniff,snort)

It's times like this that you're my favorite. I tried to give you Rep Points to no avail but know the thought was there.

...and fwiw, I concede that your lil' adage has been 100% true in my experience.

Suspended
    I'm going to steal that quote and try it out. I'll tell the potential laydy that it came to me one night in a dream.

Avery's comment was boneheaded, but sometimes I wonder why the sports leagues feel the need to intervene. Professional hockey isn't a beauty pageant.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Ha ha ha...shared that one with my wife...

On the hockey stuff...I love Sean Avery as a entertainment side show, and I agree, he's never physically harmed a player the way a guy like Chris Pronger or Todd Bertuzzi has.

His "screening" on Martin Brodeur was pure hockey genius, and the idiots in the NHL changed the rules to take away something that everyone could do to increase scoring in the game.

Most of the time he says things alot of hockey folks are thinking, but would never say publicly.

But this time he went waaaay too far, and while I don't think he meant to do anything more than create hype and agitate the other team, he has to understand there are limits to what is tolerable.

It's only words, but any action that harms the image of the league should be dealt with. Give him a good 5-7 games for being a repeat offender, but anything more than that and he's being made an unfair example.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I say let Avery out on the ice and let the players handle it.
    From what he says, it sounds like they all have

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Give him a good 5-7 games for being a repeat offender, but anything more than that and he's being made an unfair example.
    Looks like Kex was on the money. Avery ended up with a six game suspension, of which he's already served two games, and has to start anger management counciling before Bettman will allow him to return.

Gee, he seems like such a catch. I can't imagine why he can't keep a girlfriend.

Suspended
    ...Gee, he seems like such a catch. I can't imagine why he can't keep a girlfriend.
    If I had a frickin' nickel for everytime someone said that to me.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    If I had a frickin' nickel for everytime someone said that to me.........
    You could buy a piece of bubble gum?

Suspended
    Ya know? I haven't bought bubble gum in a long time but I'm guessing it wouldn't buy me more than a half stick.

Keep yer hands on yer own stick, boy....

The weekend's comin' up and I'm already on half a pack, if you get wuttimean!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Hey AA, Can you use a different colour for your hidden print please? My Mac highlights this site in light blue for some reason so even when I highlight your text I still can't read it!

I've found the Chiffon Yellow to be very effective for light print.

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Chiffon yellow?!? Whattya think I am, a home decorator?!?

Geez, whatsa guy gotta do aroun' here t' be discreet? Try to be private like, an' every body wants you to try "chiffon yellow"! Well see about that!! (Grumble, grumble).

You mean like this??
    I'm sorry, the colour that I was referring to was the Lemon Chiffon, not Chiffon Yellow. You're right, the PINK that you used instead was much manlier.

I could read the pink better without the highlight than with it. I wonder if there's a way to change the highlight setting on my 'puter. I don't have this problem on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    I have chest hair, y'know!
    Cool! Me too!

Thank GOD! I have chest hair, y'know! And pride! Lotsa pride! MANLY PRIDE!

BTW. Have you looked at some of the controls on your computer, like contrast or the dimmer? An adjustment might improve your picture and help you with any eye strain.
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

How did my response to you end up above yours?! Kinda takes the thunder out of the joke now.

Whatta WOMAN!!!

Say....You got hair on yer knuckles, too? Geeze, I'm gettin' excited here. Shower time!!

To answer yer question, I had a class A doofus moment, and double posted. Realising my mistake (fer I am a thoughtful, cool headed sort) I deleted one to accomodate the flow. By doing so, I only compounded the problem! So, you happy NOW??

La la la la la la.....

Oh, the time! Gotta go, everybody....Mah stogie an' beer in GM's honor are waitin'!!
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 12-05-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Free Avery...

Looks like Kex was on the money. Avery ended up with a six game suspension, of which he's already served two games, and has to start anger management counciling before Bettman will allow him to return.

Gee, he seems like such a catch. I can't imagine why he can't keep a girlfriend.
    Well, it would be easy to dispell all this that easily but it's apparent that the fix was in. There was talk about anger management even before Avery met with Bettman, regardless of what Brett says.

Interestingly, one thing that has never been debated is the validity of the claim. In Bettman's rush to turn hockey into cricket on skates he's exchanging marketability for the PC police. But, Avery’s ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf. She also had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens.

She's a hockey groupie and she's sluttin' around the league. No big deal, no moral quandry for me but the truth is the truth. If you can't stand the heat don't f**k everybody in the kitchen.

This could have been a marketing dream and Bettman's turned it into tea and crumpets...and this is from the same guy that hands down lesser sentences for hits-from-behind, stomping, and sticking. Hell, you could slewfoot someone, give 'em a concussion, and only get three games.

The reaction from the Stars has been disappointingly but predictably "scape-goatish". I think Mike Ribero's secret mancrush is showing...weasely little ferret.

“I could forgive somebody for making a mistake or making a few mistakes, but it goes a lot deeper than that,” goalie Marty Turco said.
    Nice. What a pansy. I could say that Turco makes multiple mistakes every game and that's why the team sucks and just leave it at that. I could do that but I won't 'cause that's not the Sticksean way. You see, I knew Marty in the 'zoo, and while he wasn't that much of a pinprick then clearly something's changed.

BTW, ol' boy, some of us remember your bachelor party you hypocritical piece of sh*t.

Even Captain America, Peter Brady-haired, mule face had something to say...prolly just living in fear that Chuck Liddell is gonna say something about "sloppy seconds" and he'd have to do something about it.

The bottom line is that this situation had legs like no other...good against evil, baby. In a sport that lacks personalities because of helmets and visors and short shifts this could've pushed the NHL easily past the NBA simply by piquing the interest of the casual observer. Avery is a perfect combination of Dino Ciccarelli, Liberace, and Kim Jong-Il...and the political correctness cops win by default 'cause the league wants to get all Darcy and Bennet.

I like that Getzlaf kid and by geographical history I should be a Wings fan but just out of spite I think I'll root for the Sharks for the rest of the years.

--sticks (looking for a new team)

Suspended

Hey, guys...

...there are OLD PEOPLE (myself included) who would really like to comment on this thread. However, the use of less-resolving font colors makes that impossible. Could you please rein in your creativity and give us Old Farts an opportunity to contribute?

Forum Regular
    To get a bit more on track, here is a quote from me, Laz:

Inside every man is a Dennis Leary trying to get out.

"Consistency", Gary.

Quote of the Day-ept_sports_nhl_experts-445867872-1229970811.jpg

That train she is a-rollin' down the tracks...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265791&l...headlines_main

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information