Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I dunno....The Marquess(e)(!) was pretty upset over Bosie!

Ahm rawkin'!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    True 'nuff. Ye old taxation without representation quibble, royal fiat and all that...pip,pip...btw, have you ever read the actual declarations? Clearly, modern US tax code is derivative of the 1688 British legal/bureaucratic mindset.

An Act for the granting a present Ayd to Their Majestyes. [Chapter III Rot. Parl. pt. 1. nu. 3.]

Wee the Commons Assembled in Parlyament haveing entred into a due and serious Consideration of the extraordinary Occasions which oblige our Soveraigne Lord and Lady the King and Queene to a greate and present Expence have chearfully and unanimously Given and Granted unto our said Soveraigne Lord and Lady the King and Queene the Rates and Assessments herein after mentioned.

II. Grant of £68,820. 19s. Id. per Month for Six Months, by Two Quarterly Payments.
    And wee doe most humbly beseech Your Majestyes that it may be Enacted And bee it Enacted by our Soveraigne Lord and Lady the King and Queene by and with the Advice and Consent of the Lords Spirituall and Temporall and Commons in this present Parliament Assembled and by [the (fn. 1) ] Authoritie of the same That the Summe of Sixty eight thousand eight hundred and twenty pounds nineteene shillings and one penny by the Month for Six Months the First of the said Monthes beginning from the Five and twentyeth Day of March in the Yeare of our Lord One thousand six hundred eighty and nine shall be Assessed Taxed Levyed and Paid by two Quarterly Payments in the severall Countyes Cityes Burroughes Townes and Places within England and Wales and the Towne of Berwicke upon Tweede according to the Rates and Proportions following (That is to say) For each Month of the said Six Months

...And to the intent that the said Receivers Generall may Returne a true Account into His Majestyes Court of Exchequer of such Summes of Money as shall be Received by them and every of them their and every of their Deputie and Deputies Bee it further enacted by the Authoritie aforesaid That if any such Receiver Generall shall Returne or Certifie into the said Court any Summe or Summes of Money to be in Arreare or Unpaid after the same have beene received either by such Receiver Generall or by his Deputie or Deputies or any of them or shall cause any person or persons to be sett insuper in the said Court for any Summe or Summes of Money that hath beene soe Received That then every such Receiver Generall shall be lyable to pay to every person and persons that shall be Molested Vexed or Damaged by reason of such unjust Certificate Returne or setting insuper the Damages that shall be thereby occasioned The said Damages to be recovered by Action of Debt Bill Plaint or Information in which noe Essoigne Protection or Wager of Law shall be allowed nor any more then one Imparlance And shall alsoe forfeite to His Majestie His Heires and Successors double the Summe that shall be soe unjustly Certified or Returned or caused to be sett insuper...

Just goes on and on and on and on and on....I'd be for a bit of insurrection as well.

Sticks: Tis a bitte mauch for me poore head this mahrning....!

All the while, I thought the US code took a page from the Sherriff of Nottingham...
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    For the record, I don't think Rich is hatin', I think he's losing the general in the particular. In general Rich is getting more accepting and open. The problem is that he doesn't like SVI, which is fine but not really a reason deny another human being expressions of love. I mean, I think Spanky's a twit too, but I'm happy for him in theoretical kinda way.
    I'm not sure that Rich's intention were bad. I have no doubt that Rich dislikes spanky as much as the next guy (based on Spanky's posts and NOT his sexuality), but I think the point Rich was initially making was whether posting pictures of yourself on a public forum the way Spanky did is a good idea. Yes I know that people will say that Heteros post their pics all the time, but they don't really have to worry (as much) about some prejudiced crazy deciding to hurt them... I suspect Rich was just trying to tell Spanky to be careful.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Rich I find it funny that you are asking me to be unbiased when you have shown me your bias on several occasions. It is a simple kiss between two people who care about each other. There have been so much more heterosexual postings deserving of scrutiny and I have been unbiased and let them be displayed even though in questionable taste.
    Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    , there are plenty of hate groups in this world with computers. Imagine if Spanky's next door neighbor was a skinhead?
    He'd have to be a skinhead with an audio fetish. I doubt that SVI's neighbours would have to come here to learn that SVI is gay. SVI posted that pic of his own free will and he should be proud to be in such a loving relationship. He's a lucky guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    JM and FA don't complain about the ever expanding line of acceptability within "heterosexual-based posts". It doesn't offend them that we're celebrating the beauty of Party Girls. It probably bores them.
    Thanks for recognizing that 'sticks. There have been several threads on this off-topic forum that I have found distasteful. When they turn in that direction, if I don't want to read them, I just simply stop clicking on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Thanks for recognizing that 'sticks. There have been several threads on this off-topic forum that I have found distasteful. When they turn in that direction, if I don't want to read them, I just simply stop clicking on them.
    Your welcome...for noticing it and probably causing it.

Good to have you back and operational. Do let us know how the house is coming along.

I'm only operational at work. The home computer still has to be set up. I'm hoping to get to it tonight or tomorrow. I haven't had time to get the stereo operational yet either. Just hooked the speakers up to receiver so that we can listen to the radio, but no CD player yet. It's just as well, the CDs are still in storage anyway.

Although, on the bright side, our satelite disk is working just fine and last night I managed to PVR a live performance of Jeff Wayne's War of the World's recorded at Wembley Stadium. I think it's even in 5.1. I'm looking forward to blasting a little alien music through the house.

Moving sucks.

Hi Spanky,

Very nice pictures. I'm glad it's working out for you and Adam. I have to admit, I had my doubts about him at first, but it looks likes he's turning out to be an OK guy.

As far as Rich's comments: I believe he's trying to say that posting pictures of yourself on a public board can lead to problems. That's why we don't use our real names around this place. Seems like he was just being a caring person.
    Rich, Your words could easily be taken the wrong way. You know how defensive we get about our fellow members.

Now everyone sing together.

What the world needs now..
    Is love sweet love..
    It's the only thing
    That there's just, too little of..

What the world needs now.....
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

There have been several threads on this off-topic forum that I have found distasteful. When they turn in that direction, if I don't want to read them, I just simply stop clicking on them.
    Is that why you skip my posts now?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Is that why you skip my posts now?
    That, and the terrible odour that seems to seep from my computer everytime I open a thread that you've posted in.

That, and the terrible odour that seems to seep from my computer everytime I open a thread that you've posted in.
    Sorry. It's the meds that make me do that. I swear.

Although, on the bright side, our satelite disk is working just fine and last night I managed to PVR a live performance of Jeff Wayne's War of the World's recorded at Wembley Stadium. I think it's even in 5.1. I'm looking forward to blasting a little alien music through the house.
    I think your gunna like this. Justin Hayward has a lead singing role in this and the music is absolutely spectacular. Enjoy

Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    I think your gunna like this. Justin Hayward has a lead singing role in this and the music is absolutely spectacular. Enjoy

Agh! Now I have to confirm whether it's 5.1 and get the sub-woofer out of storage. Then all I need is 2 hours with nothing else to do. Not gonna happen for a couple of weeks at least.

Agh! Now I have to confirm whether it's 5.1 and get the sub-woofer out of storage. Then all I need is 2 hours with nothing else to do. Not gonna happen for a couple of weeks at least.
    Definately 5.1 (DTS I think) according to the info. I only have a 2ch rig now but shows like these is when I miss surround. I guess I could watch it in the BR but it wouldn't be the same w/o the large screen.

I hope you enjoy it, I know I did.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    SVI after all we would not hijack your thread if we did not like you.

Tomorrow is our Pride Parade but a friend is getting married so the only thing I will see is a bride parading down the aisle. If you participate in Pride have a good time. Remeber the struggle began with the Stonewall Riots.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Stonewall Jackson was gay??

enjoy the festivities gents, ladies, gent/ladies and the like...

Enjoy your weekend &/or Parade. Be proud of whoever you are.

All this discussion about tolerence

and nobody even notices that the kiss looks a tad, well...clumsy.

To each his own, unless someone else's is handy.

So this is how you guys (FA, GM, Sticks) get your post counts up into the stratosphere. I'll have to check in here more often. I'm sure I can come up with something clever or even offensive from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    So this is how you guys (FA, GM, Sticks) get your post counts up into the stratosphere. I'll have to check in here more often. I'm sure I can come up with something clever or even offensive from time to time.
    Kewl. The more the merrier...the world spins due to clever and tasteless.

I think the "What's Spinning..." thread is the only one in the history of this forum to go over six posts and not go off-topic, no doubt due to the simplicity of the premise which even the most bent minds can wrap themselves around...the rest of this place is akin to sitting 'round a campfire drinking mental moonshine while playing "Three-Man" or "The Name-Game" and juggling tasers. Bring watchu got.

Yep, this is how we do it. Well, this and the Lost thread in the Fave Films forum during the on season.

Some pretty interesting stuff goes on here 3-LB. I probably post more here than in RR these days. You should check in more often.

Suspended
    I agree with FA 3LB, but you could find waaaay many more interesting, entertaining and educational threads than this troll thread, IMO.

If its a troll, then he's pretty active with over 600 posts.

I have no problem with the pic, per se, except to me it isn't very believable looking. Of course, I'm being a total ass hat if it is 'for real', and in that case, I will apologize if its desired. But for my money, if it is a public profession of love, both their mouths would be open.

I am an ass hat (Troy's phrase, not mine).

"Ass hat"... mebbe should put that in the ol' dictionary. Anyway, happy Bastile Day, ye hearties!

Ajani
    If its a troll, then he's pretty active with over 600 posts.
    You should try reading some of his other threads to understand why people still think he's a troll despite over 600 posts...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information