Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Important Notice!

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Suspended
    DAMMIT!!!

And I was soooo close too.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Only in Canada.

Obama has included funds in the Stimulus package to help cover any shortfalls at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Haha.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    We're too busy repelling Commie attacks whenever US officials visit to worry about lighting tunnels:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../politics/home

Speaking of Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Only in Canada.

Obama has included funds in the Stimulus package to help cover any shortfalls at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Haha.
    Our Prime Minister is a George W. wantabee so our stimulus will consist mostly of tax cuts to the middle class. Tough luck of you're poor or unemployed. I don't recall any extension of unemployment insurance, infrastructure projects, or the like. Thank God people here have quaranteed health care.

My tax reduction, (presumably for 2009 to be received in 2010), is going for debt reduction so will do the squareroot-of-dick to stimulate the economy.

Kex, any more details, you financial analyst you? Unfortunately I don't follow Harper, bore that he is, as closely than I do Obama.
    Last edited by Feanor; 02-27-2009 at 09:19 AM.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I preffer not to have any lights inside my tunnel.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    We're too busy repelling Commie attacks whenever US officials visit to worry about lighting tunnels:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../politics/home
    I read that this morning too. I almost posted it in the thread for strange news stories.

It's worth a read just for the mention of Tuktoyaktuk, which is fun to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Our Prime Minister is a Republican wantabee so our stimulus will consist mostly of tax cuts to the middle class. Tough luck of you're poor or unemployed. I don't recall any extension of unemployment insurance, infrastructure projects, or the like. Thank God people here have quaranteed health care.

My tax reduction, (presumably for 2009 to be received in 2010), is going for debt reduction so will do the squareroot-of-dick to stimulate the economy.

Kex, any more details, you financial analyst you? Unfortunately I follow Harper, bore that he is, less closely than I do Obama.
    Oh, there'll be a ton of projects lined up for construction etc, (highways and hockey rinks was the headline in our local paper). They're not announced yet because the money is contingent on the condition the provinces match it. Which they won't do dollar-for-dollar as required so it's a bit over stated. That's because there was no stimulus even considered in late November early December until that Coalition business started, so they hadn't done the homework to see what projects could be made ready...so they needed to use the Province-match provision as a way to buy some time. Now they're working to rush the money out the door with minimal oversight like Adscam, etc. Shame on the government. Yeah, by and large it's a not a great stimulus package but it's not as bad is it was going to be before the house ganged up on them.

The issue in Canada is it's too slow to reach the economy in a timely fashion to be most-effective. And we're reacting too dated information each month or quarter instead of being pro-active and trying to guess. But let's also recognize that the Prime Minister and Finance Minister have basically peed on the cornflakes of their biggest political contributors and grass-roots supporters so this was a pretty big step on their part, even if it was done while looking down the barrell of a gun.

You're right too, any tax cut I get is going straight to my mortgage or RRSP's (6 of one, half-dozen of the other) so I won't be stimulating the economy that way.

I don't remember, where they going to throw money away cutting the GST again too?

I'm never ever going to eat cornflakes again!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I don't remember, where they going to throw money away cutting the GST again too?
    I don't recall any mention of another GST reduction. But I will say that the home renovation credit is prompting us to do a few more things to the house this year that we were going to put off for a couple of years, like replacing our 30-yr-old furnace with a high efficiency one. It's too bad for us that this came too late to apply to the new kitchen. It's not likely that we'll max out the $10K credit this year though. While it's a nice thought, Hubby's job isn't secure enough to spend ten grand. Its an interesting but kind of silly tax credit when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I don't recall any mention of another GST reduction. But I will say that the home renovation credit is prompting us to do a few more things to the house this year that we were going to put off for a couple of years, like replacing our 30-yr-old furnace with a high efficiency one. It's too bad for us that this came too late to apply to the new kitchen. It's not likely that we'll max out the $10K credit this year though. While it's a nice thought, Hubby's job isn't secure enough to spend ten grand. Its an interesting but kind of silly tax credit when you think about it.
    I was surprised to learn that sod is considered a renovation or home improvement. Lucky for me.

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

solution to problem:

Find the light switch...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

I was surprised to learn that sod is considered a renovation or home improvement. Lucky for me.
    The first $1,000 doesn't count. I hope you've got a big lot!

Hmmmmm. I wonder if wiring the house for a home audio system counts.

The first $1,000 doesn't count. I hope you've got a big lot!

Hmmmmm. I wonder if wiring the house for a home audio system counts.
    If you consider power amps as alternative low cost heating solutions, then maybe?

They're not asking you to submit receipts either...just keep them "in case" you get audited...this has potential to be the biggest boondoggle ever.

Suspended
    Has anyone suggested using a compact flourescent? They're very efficient. I hear you can run one off the stray magnetic field from a Class-A amp

That's an idea. Room lighting provided by a transformer-coupled compact flourescent. You would no longer have to take any crap about how inefficient your amps are. Now they can provide music, heat and light. Think green.

Thread Information