Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I'm actually familiar with the thread over at PE. Funny, one of those mods, (let's call her Amy) will swoop down on a member she doesn't care for, (let's call him Troy) for making a snarky or sarcastic comment, but somehow there are a couple of members that turn threads into a bordello or a religulous flame war and nothing is ever done about it. Oh she might chime in someone complains, but as heavy handed as she is on certain posters, she overlooks a lot. But then again, there are quite a few females who post on that site who never complain and even participate in the lechery, maybe because they're man-hungry spinsters who'll fly 5000 miles to attend a music festival, who knows.
    LOL! I couldn't agree more. The participating female certainly made it difficult for me to make my point. It was nice to see some of the other women (and a few men) chime in and support me, although I would have been much happier to see the mod that we're calling Amy show some muscle and delete the offending post.

I guess it would me wrong of me to post a girly pic in this thread?

Joke FA. Just a joke.

Please don't hate me for being imature.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I guess it would me wrong of me to post a girly pic in this thread?

Joke FA. Just a joke.

Please don't hate me for being imature.
    Too late GM. the Chubster beat you to it in post #3.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Too late GM. the Chubster beat you to it in post #3.
    And don't think for one second that I didn't stop on post 3 to stare for a minute.

Thanks Chubby.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

FA, this is my first response in this thread. For my part I don't feel I need to be thanked; I was reared to be a gentleman, (or try to be one), and to have ample respect for women.

My mother was a single parent from the time my father died when I was 12 years of age. She had had no personal desire for career but had and met the need to earn a living after she was widowed. She was a person who valued friendships and had many friends, most of them working women like herself. Consequently I came to see it as normal for women to have jobs and careers.

Furthermore I have worked all my career in organization where women -- at least in more recent decades -- were given equal opportunity with men, and accordingly had similar achievements. I've had several women bosses, some better than others of course, but the very best boss I ever had was a women, (and I might add, younger than myself).

Though I have the "normal" male attraction to women it is completely contrary to my nature and upbringing to be exploitive or abuse towards them ... and I don't feel there is any valid excuse for being otherwise.

Suspended
    Hard to believe they have let the Kattie Perry thread go on over there too.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Well, California girls are, after all, undeniable...

That's what Snoop told me anyway.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Yeah. I'm kind of pissed about that. Especially since Duncan was the first person to post in that thread. I don't know why, but I expected more from him.

Well, if I can't fight them, I might as well poke them with a big stick. I just started my own thread...let's see where it goes.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    There's only one forum that doesn't get patrolled, and that's RR. Back when Adam took over I petitioned him to cut RR slack with OT topics. RR has always been it's own world, and my though was that to make it conform to topic exclusive threads would kill it. Hence it doesn't get the scrutiny that the other forums do. However, if there's a problem with a post or thread please feel free to complain! I see me job as a moderator to help make this forum as friendly as possible, and a thread that contains off color comments that people find offensive is one of the things I am here to address.

FA; as an "AR man", thanks for the compliment! I am in agreement with Fenor though. To treat women with respect is something that I don't feel a real man would deserve a compliment for. It should be second nature to anyone who was brought up correctly.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Suspended

Well, if I can't fight them, I might as well poke them with a big stick. I just started my own thread...let's see where it goes.
    Well I can see that unfortunately it didn't go over too well. I gave up on that place a while ago other than to find out what bans are playing where.

People say this place is a clique, they should try it over there.

It is odd what seems to be going on after the complaint thread about "going private" due to being off topic. From what I gathered reading thru that thread, the main board is supposed to be Prog Only, while the Off Topic Board is supposed to be Music other than Prog, but not truly Off Topic.

The moment someone says God or Politician or Religion, the thread goes Off Topic but T&A threads that have nothing to do with music run on until the bozos get tired.

I also think it was also pretty stupid for someone to post the exact thing you complained about as the second response to this thread, joking or otherwise. Maybe he belongs over there.

I have been guilty of posting what some feel as inappropriate for mixed company here, called out for it by FA, and will be more sensitive in the future.

On the flip side, it sure would be interesting for a few guys to join in on some 99% female posting board and see if we don't feel like pieces of meat. I'll bet it's not much different but hey, this place is supposed to be about music, gear, and general in the news off topic.

The rules for posting are pretty clear, if you can actually find them here. The last time I looked it took me close to 15 minutes of pecking around to actually find them.

FA, over the years I have known you, you have made this place better as well as keep us buffoons on our toes.

Cheers and Happy New Years!

For the record...

I don't complain about much, here or on other forums. But I have always found the mods here to be responsive to my odd complaint and to do everything they can to help me feel "safe" here. (I.e. banning a certain troll who used to try to get on from different IP addresses...on several occasions.)

I don't find the girly pics offensive and didn't see Poppa's post as anything other than the good-hearted fun that it was meant to be. It wasn't the pictures that offended me at PE, it was the language and the attitude that accompanied it. Perhaps I shouldn't hold the whole site responsible for the actions of a few. But when the site continues to condone the behaviour, there's a problem. That language and behaviour would not be tolerated here. Perhaps that's the difference between a privately funded site and a site funded by advertisers. The private site can really do whatever they want.

Which gives me an idea. I am a financial supporter of PE. When they come back to me for my 2011 contribution, I think I'll explain to Sean why I won't be contributing in 2011. What better way to get my point across than to speak with my wallet. Although it still won't make any difference, I'm sure.

FA, over the years I have known you, you have made this place better as well as keep us buffoons on our toes.

Cheers and Happy New Years!
    Thanks Hyfi. I appreciate that comment.

I just read the thread I posted at PE. It went pretty much exactly where I thought it would go. That's fine. At least some people are supporting me and the topic of what's offensive is being discussed by some. It's a start.

Thanks for your support. Your comments were great...especially your response to Andun about the Grip. That was hilarious!

Suspended

Thanks for your support. Your comments were great...especially your response to Andun about the Grip. That was hilarious!
    I had a lot more to say for some of the others but merely pointing out the posting rules got some attention. Believe me, I am really holding back.

Always available to back up a friend and stand up for what is right. You're plenty welcome!

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    That's what Snoop told me anyway.
    Snoop likes women from all over the globe...

"them ho's in Japan they didn't undastand,
    'bought a *igga like me and the LBC,
    Snoopy D is on a rollin spree,
    and all #itches 'round tha world gots love fo me"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information