Okay, Ah'll ask... What did Sanity Clause bring ya?

In that I'm fearless (and classless some might add) I'll bite and ask everyone what they got fer Christmas (if you observe). So far all I've gotten is the nefarious aftershave/cologne. No snickering now... English Leather. Tripe I know but I'm nostalgic for the smell of it. Reminds me of younger days and my departed older brother who swore by the stuff. Hell it beats Hai Karate and Brute!!!! Other than that? Bupkus. I bought the ole lady a Kindle DX though... I'm outta the dog house for another 6 months on that one.

Worf

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Santa donated money in my name to the local food pantry, awesome Santa. Of course there was my other favorite gift wine. California, France and Italy were well represented. Oh and restaurant gift cards were plentiful. Of course before the Holidays I was a good Santa to me. I ho hoed a new phono cartridge, DSLR body, lens and flash to update my equipment. I must have been good this year.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Santa brought me my sister, my brother-in-law and my mother from Tennessee, my daughter from Washington St., my nephew and his fiancee from Oregon and my in-laws from Arizona. It was a crowded, noisy, joyous time at the Young household, one that will probably never be repeated.

I could not have asked for a better Christmas.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    Santa brought me my sister, my brother-in-law and my mother from Tennessee, my daughter from Washington St., my nephew and his fiancee from Oregon and my in-laws from Arizona. It was a crowded, noisy, joyous time at the Young household, one that will probably never be repeated.

I could not have asked for a better Christmas.
    Way to out-gift us all.

Hubby got me a new camera. We're heading to New Orleans in the spring and I wanted a new camera that was better than the 5.1 megapixel that I currently own, and was also small enough to fit in a small purse or fannypack. I also received a book that I wanted and some yummy fudge. I looooooooove fudge.

Strangely, no music was exchanged this year. Although I did buy him a splash for his drum kit. That's sort of musical....sort of.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Well you can see what my brother gave me here.....

http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...226#post350226

Also got some gift cards for Best Buy and Barnes & Noble.
    Best gift was having my daughter home for a couple of weeks and getting a few days to hang with the entire family.
    Last edited by thekid; 12-28-2010 at 08:13 PM.

I have to buy for myself, and here is the list:

3 best of CD's
    Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
    S.O.S band
    One Way

Upgraded the 32" LCD in Bedroom from 720p to 1080p

Still waiting on the Pioneer BDP 320 (East coast snowed in) upgrade to from the BDP 120.

My wife asked me what type of cologne and I asked for Grey Flannel ( still have yet to see it) and this is why I buy for myself.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Keith Richards new book "Life".
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    In that I'm fearless (and classless some might add) I'll bite and ask everyone what they got fer Christmas (if you observe). So far all I've gotten is the nefarious aftershave/cologne. No snickering now... English Leather. Tripe I know but I'm nostalgic for the smell of it. Reminds me of younger days and my departed older brother who swore by the stuff. Hell it beats Hai Karate and Brute!!!! Other than that? Bupkus. I bought the ole lady a Kindle DX though... I'm outta the dog house for another 6 months on that one.

Worf
    Worfster, nice of you to ask. We had a very modest Christmas now that I'm retired, and because my son and his wife are going to Beijing to visit her parents this year instead of coming here.

I did get a couple of nice CDs from my wish list ...

I received two PS2 video games to play on my PS3 player.
    The most fun was watching my 17 month old daughter. She was confused at first but started getting into it after a while. At one point, she was standing there with a new toy in each hand when my wife opened another pressent for her. It was a pink “Hello Kitty” purse. As soon as she saw it, she dropped both toys in her hands, grabbed the purse with both hands, pulled it up her arm onto her shoulder, and then ran out of the room giggling. It’s a image that I may never forget.

Oh yeah, yesterday I picked up a new car. Daddy needed something for the snow.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Wow...

Great responses everyone. Those that had family and far flung friends visit, I'm truly happy fer ya's. I'm so gratified to see that it ain't all about the SWAG with my AR family. You guys and gals are what I thought you were!!!! Me? I took da Knucklehead down to New York City to visit his grandma in the nursing home. I know, helluva buzz kill but she was soooo happy to see us. Truth be told I wish I could've cloned myself so that everyone there could've had family visit them. Broke my heart to see so many alone. Some, it would've made no difference to as their minds weren't there anymore, others would've died from joy. Sigh... still, even though the ole bat hates me it was a pleasure to bring tears of joy to her eyes as Ian's the only grand she's got and the only she's ever gonna git.

Worf

I took da Knucklehead down to New York City to visit his grandma in the nursing home. I know, helluva buzz kill but she was soooo happy to see us.
    Worf
    Doing the right thing is never a buzz kill.
    Good on you for making the trip and making her X-Mas!

even though the ole bat hates me it was a pleasure to bring tears of joy to her eyes as Ian's the only grand she's got and the only she's ever gonna git.

Worf
    You're a good man Worf. I doubt that your mother hates you, but even feeling that way it was good of you to take Ian to see her. And Ian may not realize it now, but someday he'll cherish that memory of seeing his grandmother for Christmas.

Errrr....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You're a good man Worf. I doubt that your mother hates you, but even feeling that way it was good of you to take Ian to see her. And Ian may not realize it now, but someday he'll cherish that memory of seeing his grandmother for Christmas.
    Thanks FA but one word of correction SHE'S MY MOTHER IN-LAW!!!! She litterally used to set bear traps in the front yard for me. I never was and never will be good enough for her daughter BUT. I'm the only one to marry one of her three daughters (think Cinderella here) and the only man to give her a grandchild. Also, when times were lean I paid to keep a roof over her head and food on the table but she doesn't know that. She's "warmed" to me over the years but make no mistake if she were 15 years younger we'd still be goin' at it like Ali and Frazier!!!

Worf

Thanks FA but one word of correction SHE'S MY MOTHER IN-LAW!!!! She litterally used to set bear traps in the front yard for me. I never was and never will be good enough for her daughter BUT. I'm the only one to marry one of her three daughters (think Cinderella here) and the only man to give her a grandchild. Also, when times were lean I paid to keep a roof over her head and food on the table but she doesn't know that. She's "warmed" to me over the years but make no mistake if she were 15 years younger we'd still be goin' at it like Ali and Frazier!!!

Worf
    Ooops! Sorry for my assumption. It doesn't change the fact that it was good of you to take Ian to see her.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Santa brought me a few bottles of wine, some Rum, coffee, and a whole lotta nuts.
    My little sister bought me Kinect for the Xbox 360...sorta like a Wii without controllers. Haven't tried it out yet.

Really I was just happy for the time off. Switched jobs, and had to lose a week vacation this year as a result. Couldn't come at a better time.

Hope you're all winding down 2010 in style.

Worf
    You the man Worf, the day I got married (26 yrs ago) my dad told me this "you now have 3 women in your life that you have a responsibility to and for:

1. Your Wife
    2. Her Mother
    3. Your Mother

Never forget that fact.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

That's deep....

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    You the man Worf, the day I got married (26 yrs ago) my dad told me this "you now have 3 women in your life that you have a responsibility to and for:

1. Your Wife
    2. Her Mother
    3. Your Mother

Never forget that fact.
    I guess "real" men never lose sight of their tresponsibilities. I keep trying to tell my son and his mom that. Men have to worry, plan, save, hope for the best, particularly in this ever changing world. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Worf

Worf
    Sad to say, but in my case it was always much easier to get along with my mother-in-law than my own mother.

Both women, I think, were critical types but my M-I-L was mellowed by years of living with her jackass husband. My mother, on the other hand, was sole ruler of the roost since my father died when I was 12. The M-I-L is a soft-spoken person who avoids contention. My Mother on the other hand was talkative and always ready to criticise and nag -- two ways to do anything: her way or the wrong way. Her grandkids couldn't stand her. My wife was very kind and dutiful towards her but basically couldn't stand her either.

I loved my mother, but when she passed away earlier this year, (aged 91), my grief was muted. I occassionally I feel a little guilty that I don't miss her much, but I don't. My mother-in-law lives on at 101 and I'm fine with that.

Suspended
    Unfortunately my xmas was somber and depressing. This last year has pretty much sucked since my wife's father is going downhill real fast. He has no real illness other than min-ears disease, 90%deaf, losing a lot of weight and falling every day. Luckily he hasn't gotten hurt seriously but her mom has RA real bad and can't get him up when he falls.

We spent xmas eve into xmas day with them. My wifes sister and brother in law usually spend the day together with us all but her sister got sick and her brother in law fell a few days before xmas and got a concussion along with busting a tooth requiring root canal.

We are trying to do everything possible to keep her father at home but we are at a critical time and soon will have to make the horrible decision to put him into a home.

As far as gifts go, while on vacation in Galloway NJ a few weeks before xmas, my wife and I bought each other some jewelry from the Smithville Jewler in historic Smithville just outside Atlantic City. She got a pair of Tanzanite earrings to match the ring I got her for our 24th anniversary. I got a white gold and black onyx ring.

My birthday was Monday and I ordered the OPPO 93 for my gift to me.

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Unfortunately my xmas was somber and depressing.
    Hyfi

Sorry to hear about your situation.
    I hope you and your family have a much better 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Hyfi

Sorry to hear about your situation.
    I hope you and your family have a much better 2011.
    Ditto.

Thread Information