Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I been thinking

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Post I been thinking

I was thinking about this since you guys always say that my JBL Studio Series S26 doesn't sound good but do you guys know that my speakers sound better than the JBL Northridge E series since technicaly the JBL E Series is combined orginal Northridge Series and Studio Series into one series and that's the E Series. So technical my S26 is way better than the Northridge E Series since first it costs twice as much as the E30's from the E Series even both are 6in woofers. According to the specs the Studio Series was alot better build and sound than the E Series that came out. But of cource the Studio L Series are alot better than the Studio Series since the Studio L Series is an upgraded version of the Studio Series.

How do I know these facts? Its because I contacted JBL tech support many times and asked every question there is about there speakers.

Audio Video Guy point_and_shoot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I was thinking about this since you guys always say that my JBL Studio Series S26 doesn't sound good but do you guys know that my speakers sound better than the JBL Northridge E series since technicaly the JBL E Series is combined orginal Northridge Series and Studio Series into one series and that's the E Series. So technical my S26 is way better than the Northridge E Series since first it costs twice as much as the E30's from the E Series even both are 6in woofers. According to the specs the Studio Series was alot better build and sound than the E Series that came out. But of cource the Studio L Series are alot better than the Studio Series since the Studio L Series is an upgraded version of the Studio Series.
    Why do I get the feeling that you somehow desire our approval of what you own. Who cares? If you like it then great, recommend them to someone asking for advice. Personally (just my opinion) I would not own JBL (well I guess I would if they were free or a GREAT deal and I didn't have any other choices) but that is just me. You seem to really like what you have...so go turn it on and listen to it.
    My HT Pictures The Moment of Truth......Digital Phase.

expense is not an indication of good sound, Bose being a great example of this. on the other side of the coin, i recently picked up a pair of Teledyne AR-91's in very good condition for $40. check out the 91's and other great AR speakers at http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/a.../ar9series.htm.

i'm not saying your S26's are junk, but with a little patience, research and leg work, you can get a much higher quality of speaker for relatively little money. these days JBL is not the same company that once produced a lineage of excellent speakers. http://www.audioheritage.org/ is where you will find the real JBL speakers.

... Or they had to make a better sounding speaker at a lower price to stay in business... Especially when the Athenas hit Best Buy... Would they tell you that? Drivers in the Studio and E Series are extremely similar. E Series sounds a little richer to me. Haven't heard the Studio L Series yet. Looks like there might be some hope. The added supertweeter might add some needed life and depth to the highs and cure the only real weakness I heard in the E Series.

Looks to me like the first Studio Series was just a brighter version of the Northridge Series. They decided this was a mistake and came out with the more neutral E Series and the Studio L Series which seems to aim at being more detailed instead of just more bright sounding.
    Last edited by royphil345; 11-07-2005 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPVI
    I been thinking
    Gratulations!
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Did it hurt!

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

"I been thinking "

Well, that's a first for you. Remember that when you get lost in thought, it's only because it's unfamiliar territory for you.

I put away the Edirols and I am now using the JBL S26's again and since its been a while since I heard these and I acutaly think they sound more full sound than the Edirol ones since the S26 are bigger speakers and more powerful. They do sound very clear too since it uses pure titanium tweeters rather than polycarbonated dome tweeters that the Edirol MA-10D uses. I think there is more punchy bass on the S26 and not boomy bass at all I noticed.

You should use the ones you like best. Enjoy the music. If they make you happy then you don't need anything else.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Cool

The speakers I really wanted was the JBL S38 since those were like wooooo they sounded great like a pro studio monitor but they were tooooo expensive. I was even lucky to even aford the JBL S26 since those were expensive too. But I decided that instead of getting the Northridge Series N38 or the N28's I got the cheapest Studio Series speakers since I really did hear the difference on the two series. Studio Series were alot clear and precise and realistic sounds to me. I was shocked when I heard the Studio Series. The Northridge Series didn't have the deep punchy bass like the Studio Series did. The bass was more like normal speakers sounded. I dont know how can the Studio Series have more punchy bass even they both are similar. But I guess since the Studio Series costed twice as much that's why they sound twice the better so that's cool.

Just out of interest, why do you see yourself spanking Mr.Ice who is properbly surrounded by hot chicks all day long?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Just out of interest, why do you see yourself spanking Mr.Ice who is properbly surrounded by hot chicks all day long?
    Who would you rather see him spank?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears (his age), or any other hot women babe.

Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears (his age), or any other hot women babe.
    Jessica Alba?

Anything is better the the Cube!

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    How do I know these facts? Its because I contacted JBL tech support many times and asked every question there is about there speakers.
    I'll bet JBL tech support really loves hearing from you.
    There's an audiophile born every minute. Congratulations; you're right on time.

FREE RADICAL RADIO: Hours of free, radical MP3s!

Those guys should get some caller ID

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    SVI looks way too young for me to make a comment.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Birthday:
    December 17, 1984
    Your Listening Style:
    Audiophile
    Primary Interest:
    2-Channel Audio
    Equipment List:
    Kenwood AM-FM stereo receiver KR-A5020, JBL S26, Sony MZ-N420D, Sony MDR-V300
    Experience:
    City, State:
    Omaha, NE
    Student
    Other Interests:
    Boys, Computers, Games, Trees, Golf, Weather, Music and Dinosaurs.
    Biography:
    Hi my name is Dallas and I am into pro audio and I am into computer games. I am 100% gay boy.

He is definetly old enough and surely knows his sexual orientation which is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Go for it! Got cuffs?

SVI, well I am proud of you being out! I did not know anyone else was out on AudioReview.

GM yes I do have cuffs and I am usually in them.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

SVI, well I am proud of you being out! I did not know anyone else was out on AudioReview.

GM yes I do have cuffs and I am usually in them.
    I thought you liked doing the driving. Oh well, you'll be the spany instead of the spanker then.
    Think of how young it will make you feel.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

buyer beware

before you start PMing...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    before you start PMing...
    That's one hell of a makeover. Either way I am glad there is another multicolored flag waving member besides myself.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information