Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beheaded

Forum Regular

Talking Rga

Quote Originally Posted by oakley#36
    Please, thats our job! Europe loves to make deals with dictators just look at Hitler and Stalin. If Europe isn't deal making they're standing on the sidelines playing they're most loved position " Monday Morning Quarterback". Don't do anything, wait to see what the U.S. does, then disagree with U.S. at all cost. Accept for Britain, their like our mother country so they stand by us no matter what (right or wrong). I love listening to the Germans accuse the U.S. of " War Mongering" What, are they kidding me! The Germans shouldn't be allowed the speak at the U.N. on matters of war for another 100 years. RGA, props to Canada for help in WWI, bigger role than the U.S. in WWII. Think your missing that whole Pacific Theater thing, not to mention Normandy. I know you guys were their fighting too. I very questioned your toughness for a small population.

I do think that Bush made up his mind about Iraq back in 2000 before he took office. 9-11 just added it to the blank check that Congress signed for war. As for france and their feelings about Americans being cocky, I could care less what france thinks. If it wasn't for Britain, Canada, U.S. they'd be speaking german. Back to the beheading thing, I watched it because its real. Not the watered down news our country feeds us. I know its graphic Peter Jennings, I don't need you to tell me how I should feel. It made my stomach turn listening to that kid scream with fear and pain. I think our country doesn't want us to see those things because they want to control what we think. But that video is real, his fear & pain was real. Those Iraqis at the prison, their pain & disrespect was temporary. But the media loves the next O.J. case, so they'll ride that pony until it drops. People will be forced to watch and hear about the prison abuse for the next 6-12 months. But the media will forget about NIck Berg next week. That is the sad reality! RGA maybe your right about the human race.
    Hey RGA, I believe that you are a hockey fan? I just got done watching "Miracle" for the first time. WOW! If that movie doesn't get your heart pumping, nothing will. If you have not seen this movie, buy it and watch it. oakley#36
    THIN THE HERD!

Thank you for your candidness.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by depressed
    Going through the last 50 years, you will see a lot of U.S. involvement all across the world. America, in case you forgot, is so powerful that when the U.S government "chooses sides" in a conflict, the party that is joined by the U.S will win, no doubt.
    My point is this: Wars that the aggressor wins, these wars never end. They can be cooled down, but they never stop until the outcome is right. Look up the history, you will find plenty examples.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karl k
    Concerning Iraq, are we considered the aggressor?

Quote Originally Posted by depressed
    In Europe, unfortunately yes. The most popular opinion is that the U.S. failed to make a good case for the war and didn't make a decent effort to include other countries. The term "coalition forces" is undermined in Europe as it originally included only 2 countries, the U.S and U.K. No findings of weapons of mass destructions also hurts the U.S. image pretty bad. The Europeans don't "buy" helping the Iraqi people as an excuse to invade Iraq.
    The fact that Saddam killed a lot of civilians before this "sudden" U.S. interest in Iraqi people, really gets them going. I read an article recently where it says that Saddam killed more then 5000 Kurds in one day using American WMD 7 or 8 years ago. President Bush isn't taken seriously, his authority was hurt from day one because of all the trouble with the election. Some German TV stations like to roll the clip where the president can be seen spitting on the White House lawn and the TV stations question his knowledge about the Middle East and his ability to use diplomacy to achieve his goals.
    I just wanted you to elaborate on your point as to whether we are considered to be the aggressor and whether the war will be over when we as Americans see it to be or will it just cool down and pick up at a later date as you sited happens to agressors winning a war. It is interesting how we as Americans look at things in the most agreeable fashion and how suprised we are when others(especially other Americans) don't see the same as we do. I believe your perspective to be accurate and appreciate you sharing it with us.

Welcome to the club. Glab you could be here!
    Karl K.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction.

Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by depressed
    Before the war, America was admired for it's power. As far as I remember, nobody hated America. Some people complained about the Hawaiian shirts, though.
    What's the matter, not enough color?

Uhh-huh-huh-huh-huh
    Karl K.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information