Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Another one bites the dust...

...I see Bill Ls post and follow up thread(all three pages) "What makes a good cable" is conspicuous by it's absence...Musta' really got cookin' eh?...

Not locked...zapped, gone, pfftt!!...Yeah, yeah, I know, It was " going nowhere" or "devolved into name-calling" or some other "reasonable" reasoning...Me, I think it violated the Prime Directive..."If ya' can't beat it, delete it"...

jimHJJ(...tsk, tsk...)

Mission Impossible theme played softly...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...I see Bill Ls post and follow up thread(all three pages) "What makes a good cable" is conspicuous by it's absence...Musta' really got cookin' eh?...

Not locked...zapped, gone, pfftt!!...Yeah, yeah, I know, It was " going nowhere" or "devolved into name-calling" or some other "reasonable" reasoning...Me, I think it violated the Prime Directive..."If ya' can't beat it, delete it"...

jimHJJ(...tsk, tsk...)
    "This thread will self destruct in 10 seconds"

It's funny. They claim they want more hits but it's these controvosial threads that seemto generate the largest read count.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser

jimHJJ(...tsk, tsk...)
    Yes, it is also interesting that one of the moderators there decided to use the thread to impune my character, and rather than doing the right thing, he persisted. I really hope he didn't think I was so stupid as not to see through his charade.

Whether the deletion was by his hand or not, he had more than enough opportunity to admit his mistake and correct it.

I also discovered that some of my posts were deleted from a closed thread? Why? They were valid and on topic. It appears to me, it was just to give Jon Risch the final word. It begs the question: Are they shilling for him?

These actions just continue to bolster the argument that the moderators are biased and abusing their authority.

I'm sure this will just gall the hell out of them that it is being brought to public light.

-Bruce

Hate to say it, I cut my online teeth here, but I think their prime directive is to sell ad space.

So, play nice or they'll take their ball home!

Try AK for unregulated [edit:AUDIO] discussion.

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by piece-it pete
    Hate to say it, I cut my online teeth here, but I think their prime directive is to sell ad space.

So, play nice or they'll take their ball home!

Try AK for unregulated [edit:AUDIO] discussion.

Pete
    Many of the old crowd ended up over at audioholics.

I deleted the thread(s)

because it had degenerated into a flame fest. Trust me, it was not because of the legitimate subject matter of the thread. I wil look at restoring the legitimate posts, but that can be tricky when trying to determine what is legit and what is simply flame bait.
    Todd is no longer a moderator.

As for the accusations about shilling, or ad space, it is obvious that this place is funded by ad revenues. But take my word we are in no way coerced or pushed to make this place "friendly" to advertisers in any way other than generting large amounts of traffic from a large and diverse user base. We realize that in order for this site to be useful, we
    must have integrity, and that means being an advocate for the hobbyists, letting them speak freely and honestly about their hobby, and not getting too cozy with manufacturers. Manufacturers/advertisers all recognize this as well. Take heart in knowing that you are just being paranoid and conspiratorial when conjuring these images of me and the Audio Cable Cartel in a dark and smoke filled room plotting to trick you all into buying $1k/m cables. For conspiracy mongering let me point you here: http://whatreallyhappened.com/

Now let's go back to talking about our stereos! my stereo would totally kick all your stereos asses, and the average age of a component is about 20 years!! HAHA!

cheers,
    eric

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    because it had degenerated into a flame fest. Trust me, it was not because of the legitimate subject matter of the thread. I wil look at restoring the legitimate posts, but that can be tricky when trying to determine what is legit and what is simply flame bait.

As for the accusations about shilling, or ad space, it is obvious that this place is funded by ad revenues. But take my word we are in no way coerced or pushed to make this place "friendly" to advertisers in any way other than generting large amounts of traffic from a large and diverse user base. We realize that in order for this site to be useful, we
    must have integrity, and that means being an advocate for the hobbyists, letting them speak freely and honestly about their hobby, and not getting too cozy with manufacturers. Manufacturers/advertisers all recognize this as well. Take heart in knowing that you are just being paranoid and conspiratorial when conjuring these images of me and the Audio Cable Cartel in a dark and smoke filled room plotting to trick you all into buying $1k/m cables. For conspiracy mongering let me point you here: http://whatreallyhappened.com/

Now let's go back to talking about our stereos! my stereo would totally kick all your stereos asses, and the average age of a component is about 20 years!! HAHA!

cheers,
    eric

Eric,

Thanks! I will get out the heavy-duty steel toothed comb and take it to my hackles.

I don't think you ever did anything to generate doubts. At least I don't have any reagrding your behaviour as moderator.

At this point, I also won't even jump up and down about restoration of currently deleted posts. It's good enough to know that the moderation will become more even handed. Especially when some debates get a little, uhm, passionate - The language can at times get edgy. I admit to being guilty of that at times.

Regards,

Bruce

Good move.

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    With power and privelege goes responsibility to use it impartialy. This was sorely lacking in this individual. This decision was a little long in coming, but at least it did happen.

Thread Information