AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy speaker cone repair

I Needed To Know If Anyone Out There Can Tell Me How To Pop A Cone Out That Has Been Partially Indented Without Damaging It. I Just Got A Great Set Of Speakers, But One Of The Tweeter Cones And Both Of The Woofer Cones Are Partially Indented. Thanks To All Who Reply.

Forum Regular

Post You mean the dust covers are dented?

[COLOR=blue] For the dust covers on the woofer you might try a vacum. I've done that before and it worked. As for the tweeter, i'm not sure. maybe you could try some kind of tape. Duct tape, etc.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Lightbulb cone repair

I actually had the same problem. I have a two year old son and I forgot to put the dust covers back on my speakers. He quickIy found the cones and pushed them in. To get them to pop back out, I used small pieces of duct tape. I carefully laid them in the indentation and then quickly and carelfully pulled them out. This helped take out the major dimple. For the smaller ones I put duct tape around the eraser of a pencil and lightly dabbed at the smaller indentations until they were all out. There are still some tiny dimples but overall this worked great for me. In some cases, if you have vacuum cleaner that has attachments and good suction you can used that as well. I got all the advice I'm giving you from the guys at my local Tweeter store. That's what they do when cones get pushed in. Good luck.

Thread Information