Suspended

Krell's running trade up specials!

Krell is currently running 4 different trade up specials where you can trade an amplifier, DVD player or receiver to get 25% off of the purchase of Krell gear. www.krellonline.com for details.

Forum Regular
    $5000 trade in on your car in any condition. That's right folks, for a limited time I'm giving a $5000 trade in for your current car in any condition on a brand new GeeWhizMobile. So drive it in, tow it in, or push it in if you have to but don't miss this once in a lifetime sale at Sleazy Jim's Auto Sales.

Why don't they just advertise their discount and not play games with their customers?

I checked it out and it says I can bring in my old stereo amp and purchase a KAV-2250 stereo amp with 25% off. Well considering the Krell is retailed at $4000 - 25% = $3000 + tax, I think I will pass. Shoot I can get a good amp for a lot less than that!

Suspended
    I tend to agree with you Skeptic. Even if I was going to do the trade I would find a piece of crap somewhere to trade and sell my good amp for what it is worth. "Trade Up" is nothing new but usually it is an opportunity to go up in the same brand. Like many cartridge companies offer a discount when your trade in you cart or not long ago AcousticSounds offered a trade in for the Acoustech phono stage to a new battery powered one that recently came on the market.

$3k might buy a good amp but it won't perform like a Krell. Actually, I'm not such a die hard Krell fan since I heard T+A but even their amp will run you $4k. I prefer my Krell over Bryston or Levinson but you can't buy them for $3k either.

Forum Regular

Talking

When I was working on my Bose 901 DIY project a few months ago, I called Bose about resealing the cabinets. They offered me a trade in for my old (original) Bose 901 and $772 for a new series six 901. They don't usually make this kind of offer but I rejected it immediately out of hand. Why would I want to trade down?

Saving any amount of money when you're in the market to buy a Krell is a deal in itself. The Showcase is an incredible Pre/pro, and their amplifiers are in a leaque of their own. A lot of high-end companies don't even offer trade ups, so if you're in the mood for a next level of performance, I think it's a good deal.
    Visit my site for more stereos:
    www.jimmyneutron.org

Thread Information