Smile TV turning into Mirror.

The latest entry from Philips is its line of MiraVision televisions. These unique sets, designed to look like mirrors, offer dual functionality as both a reflective surface and a television. The sets, shown at CES 2006, will soon be available in 32 and 42-inch sizes, according to the company.

So how do they work? A reflective surface inside the television becomes visible when the set is turned off, instantly turning the device into a mirror. MiraVision can even function simultaneously as a mirror and a television. Viewers can choose to display TV on half the set and turn the other half off, bringing out its instantly reflective qualities.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/679/679347p1.html

Forum Regular
    that's pretty cool if it actually works well both ways.

Hmmm... Can these be mounted on the celing?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hmmm... Can these be mounted on the celing?
    That would be an expensive "mirror" to be mounted on the ceiling...unless you want to watch your favorites TV shows laying on your back

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    That would be an expensive "mirror" to be mounted on the ceiling...unless you want to watch your favorites TV shows laying on your back
    I was thinking of the half & half thing. Maybe a hot DVD playing while my wife & I .. uh.. excuse us please. Could you leave?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I was thinking of the half & half thing. Maybe a hot DVD playing while my wife & I ..
    Shame on you

I don't think engineers at Philips had that in mind when they desgined this TV

Thread Information