Ajani

Squeezebox Touch to be released

So the rumor mill has been working overtime for a bit about the upcoming Squeezebox Touch:

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2009/06/24/...rtainment-hub/

The features are:

Sporting a 4.3″ 24-bit color captive touchscreen, the Logitech Squeezebox Touch is said to offer MP3, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, WMA Lossless, APE and MPC file format compatibility as well as offering support for MP3, Ogg, and WMA internet radio streams whilst also offering USB connectivity allowing you to play digital music and view digital photos directly via USB flash drives whilst, in terms of output, RCA stereo, digital coax and digital optical outputs are taken care of as well as a headphone jack.

The part that interests me isn't the touch screen, but the ability to plug a USB drive into the Squeezebox! Since all my music is stored on an external USB Drive, it would allow me to simply plug the drive directly into the Squeezebox and bypass my computer altogether... That's a feature, some of us Squeezebox users have been wanting for quite some time now...

with this new item coming out, I wonder if they will drop the price of the normal squeezbox. I love them, but needing a dedicated comp as your server can be a big draw back to some. I had a old system in the garage that died, then had to use a laptop. Now I have another old system that I am setting up to handle those duties again.

The USB input is a big plus for listening, but I have attached 320gig external I feel will keep my growing collection of MP3's..etc format of music to my comp for downloading reasons/backups.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Ajani
    Details on the Squeezebox Touch and Squeezebox Radio are now up on the Logitech website:

http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/pr...box-touch.html

Thread Information