Now YOU can add products to the AudioReview Database!

Add a Product to the AudioReview Database!

Now YOU can add products the AudioReview.com product database! Know of a great product that you want to see reviewed? Now you can add it yourself and review it immediately! No more posting requests or waiting for our database to be updated. It's simple!

Here's the data you'll need to add a product:

Required Data:

Manufacturer
    Type of Product (receiver, dvd player, bookshelf speaker, etc)
    Product Name
    Brief Description
    Optional Data:
    This data is not required, but is highly recommended. It will make for a much more useful product entry:

Price
    Photo
    Web Address (manufacturer's product page)
    UPC (Universal Product Code)*
    MPN (Manufacturer Part Number)*
    *For manufacturers adding their own products.

Got everything you need?
    Click Here to Get Started!

Once you've added a product, you will immediately be able to write a review. They product and your review, however, will not be live immediately. We will verify all products added for quality before they go live. They should be approved within 24 hours.
    Last edited by ericl; 11-29-2006 at 09:20 AM.

Cool

thanks for the info and all the work you guys put in to it, but

it should be great, if it worked,
    i clicked the 'click here to get started' button, and it didn't load the page

which is bad, because I think this is a great function... especially for the exclusive high end brands like sphinx and other infamous ones like vincent, because they aren't on the current list

so, does it work with you guys, or do you get the same problem?

Peace,
    Basite
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

OOPS!! Sorry. Try it again..

Forum Regular
    This is gonna be great for the site.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Need to add a manufacturer

Perhaps I am missing something, but it appears as though this function is only working if the manufacturer is already in your database. Can you please add Pear Cable to your manufacturer database, or point out how I can add it? Thank you!

Suspended
    Send your check for $1,000,000,000 to me first spammer!

Wrong

Excuse me? Spammer? Sorry but we are a legitimate US based cable manufacturer that should be listed on this website.

Suspended
    Here we go again. Why should you be listed on this website? Are you a sponsor here? Do you pay Audio Review for advertising space?

Your first post, which you, or a moderator seems to have deleted read just like a spam ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pear_Cable
    Excuse me? Spammer? Sorry but we are a legitimate US based cable manufacturer that should be listed on this website.
    being one does not preclude you from being the other as well.

if you want to pay for ad space on this site, i am sure you would be accommodated and none would take issue with you, but hawking your wares on the open forums is bad form at the very least and you shouldnt be a bit surprised if anyone perceives it as spam.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

You do not need to be an advertiser to be listed in the manufacturer's section of this website. If you did, then that would significantly degrade the impartiality of an independent website like this.

In terms of the press release, I would be happy to delete the links in it if that is rubbing people the wrong way. This was posted in the section FOR PRESS RELEASES, so I don't quite understand the big problem. In any case, going back to the links, this is just to facilitate the usefulness of the web. As you may have noticed, one link was to the location of the independent review (I guess you can find it yourself if you like), the 2nd was a link to the product page the review was about, and the 3rd was a standard link used by everyone in PR footers.

Our customers have requested the ability to review our cables on this website which is why we should be listed.

we are talking about the post you made that is not in this thread, the one that was deleted.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Perhaps I am missing something, but it appears as though this function is only working if the manufacturer is already in your database. Can you please add Pear Cable to your manufacturer database, or point out how I can add it? Thank you!
    You can add it yourself. Just go to the bottom of the manufaturers list and pick "other". Then you can add whoever you want, and go from there.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular

Pear Cable

Personally I think spamming stinks but I also personally would like to see an impartial review of all available products.

If he has to pay for advertising that kinda limits the impartiality. Who is gonna bite the hand that feeds them?

If I want to buy cables and Pear Cable is a competing brand I think there product should be reviewed here just like any other. Freely and impartially by the readers and users of the product in question. But I dont think Pear Cable should be able to write their own review. Just that they should be able to add it too the list for those people that have used it so THEY could write a review about it.

I see no spamming or any other foul practice involved in that.

To say that you have to be a sponser to get your product listed so it can be reviewed by those that use it is what I would call bad form as well as a conflict of interest for audio review..

Im not trying to hurt anyones feelings and I dont know about the first post that was deleted but it seems reasonable to me that a product should be listed just so the users of the product can give their opinion of it. Why would that necessitate paying for advertising?

If every review written about the Pear Cable was terrible seems to me that it would be bad to even put it on the list for review. . And if Audio Review used them as a sponser it would affect my opinion of audio review.

Advertising crap is no way to gain the confidence of your readers. Without a disclaimer of some sort. That would do away with any advertising gains seen by Pear Cable.

Also if the reviews of the cables in question are bad who is gonna buy them advertising or not. Geeeeezzzz!

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    He is able to add his products to the lists. He does not have to buy advertising in order to include his on the list. He is not able to add a link in a post and list prices which is advertising. The reviews are consumer written reviews. Consumers are also able to add products that they own and would like to review.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind
    Personally I think spamming stinks but I also personally would like to see an impartial review of all available products.

If he has to pay for advertising that kinda limits the impartiality. Who is gonna bite the hand that feeds them?

If I want to buy cables and Pear Cable is a competing brand I think there product should be reviewed here just like any other. Freely and impartially by the readers and users of the product in question. But I dont think Pear Cable should be able to write their own review. Just that they should be able to add it too the list for those people that have used it so THEY could write a review about it.

I see no spamming or any other foul practice involved in that.

To say that you have to be a sponser to get your product listed so it can be reviewed by those that use it is what I would call bad form as well as a conflict of interest for audio review..

Im not trying to hurt anyones feelings and I dont know about the first post that was deleted but it seems reasonable to me that a product should be listed just so the users of the product can give their opinion of it. Why would that necessitate paying for advertising?

If every review written about the Pear Cable was terrible seems to me that it would be bad to even put it on the list for review. . And if Audio Review used them as a sponser it would affect my opinion of audio review.

Advertising crap is no way to gain the confidence of your readers. Without a disclaimer of some sort. That would do away with any advertising gains seen by Pear Cable.

Also if the reviews of the cables in question are bad who is gonna buy them advertising or not. Geeeeezzzz!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

seeking solace in music
    Hi Moderators,

Last week I attempted to add a new product by a new manufacturer and post a review in the "other manufacturers" list. After completing the add-product page and clicking 'submit' it took me to a page (written in html) describing a problem uploading my picture. I didn't get an opportunity to write a review and now when I try to resubmit the product from the beginning it tells me that "this product is already on our database". Neither the product nor the manufacturer is displayed on the website so I can't post a review.

The product is AREZZO turntable.
    The manufacturer is SRM Tech.

Can you help?

Thread Information