Forum Regular

New wireless digital streaming product

Last night I had an invite to listen to a prototype of the ES2 Stream 2 System soon to be offered by http://www.evolvedsonic.com/.

I gotta tell ya that I am mighty impressed with this unit. Consider that I don't download music off the net or own a laptop P.C., I now think that's exactly what I need to put on next year's must do agenda.

This little amp and transmitter is incredible. The transmitter worked flawlessly as the amp was located in the kitchen counter, hooked up to a Toshiba laptop, music already recorded onto the laptop from itunes and transmitted the signal to the amp which was about 20 feet away on the living room carpeted floor--- and there was NO time lag whatsoever.

So, what's it sound like? Well, it's overall character is warm but with detail. I listened to this ES2 system after having been listening to the Belles LA 01, Belles VT 01, Lektor CDP, and Reference 3A Grand Veena system. The little ES2 drove the R 3A Grand Veena's effortlessly. While I found the Belles still to more to my liking as it is indeed a true high end system the little ES2 comes very close to delivering true high end sonics at a fraction of the cost of a high end system. I could have listened to the ES 2 set up the rest of the evening without insisting on switching back to the Belles system as the ES2 was that enjoyable to listen to.

I understand there will be a professional review on this product forthcoming but I don't know when that will be. In the meantime, for those of you who are considering a second system (or first system for that matter) or for those who prefer portable audio, you really need to consider the ES2 as it's not only quite musical but quite affordable too.

Thanks for reading.

LeRoy
    Last edited by LeRoy; 09-13-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Forum Regular

Got to listen to unit#2 off the first production run.....

Sunday afternoon went to my local audio dealer's home to give a listen to the finished product. Like all other quality audio gear it was still breaking in and I noticed even after a couple of hours of continuous play the music just kept sounding sweeter.

What is different about this finished product in terms of SQ is the unit no longer sounded warm but did sound neutral and therefore more transparent to my ears anyway. We also hooked up a Cambridge Audio 640c CDP to the transmitter and the SQ was more vivid than that of the music from the Toshiba laptop.

Stay tuned for more as these guys are going to releasing more that one kind of amp.....They've got some HT amps on the way and speakers with built in power/receivers so you don't have to use speaker wire.....

As I find out more and get to listen to more of this great stuff I will let you know. Next time I go over there I am going to take the X-Ray and see what that sounds like..

LeRoy

Thread Information