Web Publisher/Reviewer IMHOAudio's Avatar

Smile New Free Audio E-Zine!!!

Hey everyone... I hope this is cool with the moderators to put his here , but I’d just like people to know about our new Grassroots Audio Review E-Zine we are just rolling out….I’d be personally honored if you’d take a minute and check it out… you DO have to register (for free) to see the full content… but like I said, for the time being, reg. is free!
    Just check out the link on my moniker for the homepage.
    Thanks for your time, and I look forward to your input!
    Humbly Yours,
    -Jason

Cool A couple of sample reviews..

..posted on our reference equipement... thought that I'd give everyone a bit of a sample of our "unique":out: writing style with these reviews... these seem long for this setting but are a bit better on our site due ... well at least to the pix!
    And please remember, if you DO want to see all of the content, we'd like people to register for free so we can compile demographics of our readership; this personal data does not get shared with anyone except as a composite whole ... it alows us to remain free!
    ...we're not your average e-zine that's for sure!
    Feedback is appreciated; take care all!!
    And let's have some FUN out there!!! :

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHOAudio
    Feedback is appreciated
    Ohhhhh, that's what I forgot to do... I signed up (same username as here) and checked out the site a few days ago... looks very promising.... I especially like the criteria for evaluating speakers in the different rooms... the budgets are realistic, which is something often lacking in professional review sites....

Only mild gripe (but you stated your bias, so that's fine) is the desire for analytical rather than warm and fluffy sounding.... I'm not a vinyl or tube fan, but I do like my music to sound good, even if it is at the expense of small amounts of detail and accuracy...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading some more reviews on the site...

Talking

Thanks Ajani… you the MAN!:yesnod: Unfortunately “the MAN” is sorta what our site is NOT about, huh? Is that apparent???

Yes, I DO see what you mean about our bias…. And I have thought about this, so once we get more reviews published and on the site

-we’re fortunate enough right now to have a few “in the can” … not the washroom, mind you that is about the ONLY room we haven’t set-up as a listening / testing space here at the office…hmm…..would that be “Audio-oilet”? “Toil-audio”? ….. again you can see that in the a.m. around here our espresso machine is running hot-

Even though I have a PERSONAL bias as the head reviewer (comes from my recording/music performance past) for analytical and neutral, we will be grouping our “top fives” for each style of listener; i.e.:”Best for Rock”; “Top five ‘Musical’ Speax,” etc. All in good time….. we may flush that out as a year-ender and see if it goes down or floats…..man, what is with the bathroom analogies today….. again, maybe too much coffee???

Anyway, please keep me informed with positives and negatives as you use the site…, do a brother a favor, and spread the word to friends….. as well as non-traditional audio fans such as women, eye-podders, and new home buyers, all of whom we are also reaching out to…… I/we believe in reaching out to these demographics can help BOOST the “audiophile” industry by being less “closed” and more globally minded….besides, as our site has a GREAT logo if I DO say so myself (I didn’t make it, but had input), those who refer the most people who sign-up (for now they will just have to drop me an email letting me know who they successfully referred), MAY get some super-cool swag sent to them …. As well as first international member (already achieved!), first woman, etc.

Again we’re going to have fun with this!

Cheers and thanks for the input!
    Very Humbly,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by IMHOAudio
    Hey everyone... I hope this is cool with the moderators to put his here , but I’d just like people to know about our new Grassroots Audio Review E-Zine we are just rolling out….I’d be personally honored if you’d take a minute and check it out… you DO have to register (for free) to see the full content… but like I said, for the time being, reg. is free!
    Just check out the link on my moniker for the homepage.
    Thanks for your time, and I look forward to your input!
    Humbly Yours,
    -Jason
    OK, I finally took the time to register. Do I get a cookie now?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Talking

....Mr. G.M... guy like you MUST have some buddies..... get a group to sign up and a special cookie will indeed arrive.... they just have to let me know via email etc., that you referred them..... Hey come on..... we are a grassroots publication here.... all our budget goes to espresso and smilies

Just registered....Good luck and godspeed....

-Aa
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Auricauricle!!! Welcome!!!
    Thanks SO much for the best wishes!!!!!;
    If you enjoy, please spread the word!
    More new content coming up in the next few days!!!
    Respectfully,
    Jason

Thread Information