My CompUSA visit...

Today, I made my dreaded visit to the local CompUSA store. I knew it was a mistake walking through the front doors, but I did mainly because I get a business discount there. I was looking for a set of speakers for my computer, nothing fancy, just something that would get decent sound. So I went.

Upon arrival I took a look around at the various models they had on the shelf, walked over to the Apple area and saw a Harman/Kardon set that looked spiffy. The Apple Rep asked if I needed help and I asked him if they had those speakers in the box or if that was the last one. He said there were more on the other side of the store, so I made my way over and found them on the shelf. I didn't see any in a nearby box, so I went back over and asked if he could tell me if there were any in a box. He was helpful, but I could tell that he was doing stuff that was out of his Apple responsibilites. He told me that was the last 2 in the store, but that I should get one of the 'comp' guys to help me further. So I walked around and saw some of the Red Shirt people walking around aimlessly. They were apparently tied up with the 2 customers in the store.

So I took some time and waited for someone to become available. Nothing. I saw some CompUSA workers that were not in uniform walking around as well, but didn't bother them because I didn't know if they were customer service people or not. So I waited some more, then walked over to the customer service desk and no one was there. I waited and then noticed that there were customers waiting at the business desk as well as the service desk. I was in no mood to wait around, which I have done in the past and it takes FOREVER. So I left.

I get so frustrated walking into this store. It's unbelievable how incompetant they are. They seem like they are 'bothered' by customers and it's a shame because this same thing seems to be happening at other stores as well. I had the same similar experience in Circuit City, which is where I ended up after CompUSA and I did buy speakers there, but guess what...they were NOT the price that they said on the shelf. Arrgg. So I had to walk back and forth and show the salespeople the signs, etc etc. What a nightmare.

Suspended
    I had a similar experience at Comp. I went in looking for some networking gear. We asked a girl who worked there if they had a certain brand she it would be on that shelf, pointed and walked on. I guess If I was loosing my job maybe I'd feel that way but if you don't want to do your job while you are there, then go home. While we were there we priced some CPU's, they are going out of business and there was supposed to be discounts yet the prices were higher than at other stores, so if that was the discount, I'd sure hate to see the normal price.

I have to give credit where it is do, most of the time I get good service from Best Buy. I have to take the help I get with a grain of salt but I don't have to wait long after being there without some one asking me if I need help or can they help me find something. This has been pretty consistent in my area. I usually don't buy much from them but I do shop there for computer stuff or appliances. I try to buy what I can from Crutchfield, excellent customer service. It really just depends on what I'm looking for and who gives me a good bottom line price without first making me mad.

Thread Information