Ajani

Musical Fidelity debuts M3 Series

Looks like the new Musical Fidelity M3 Series should be out soon and priced just under half the price of the current M6 line (so under $1.5K):

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/produ.../M3-Series.asp

IMO, this is the best looking entry level series in quite some time from MF...

Also of note is that the previous UGO Integrated, the A1 is now selling at only $850 on Audio Advisor, a very tempting price for a 36 watt Class A Integrated...

Looks nice Ajani, even has a power button.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    That CDP looks great. I bet it sounds amazing. 16/44 is my speed...

Looks very nice....I wonder if there is a sound improvement in the MCDP over the XRay V8 CDP?

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Looks very nice....I wonder if there is a sound improvement in the MCDP over the XRay V8 CDP?

frenchmon
    Probably, but I doubt it would be big enough to justify buying the M3, when you already have the XRay V8... The better option might be to wait on the M Series DAC to be released....

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Probably, but I doubt it would be big enough to justify buying the M3, when you already have the XRay V8... The better option might be to wait on the M Series DAC to be released....
    Yeah I heard about the new DAC...

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Charm Thai™
    Gosh they come out with a new series monthly it seems like...

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by shodulik
    Gosh they come out with a new series monthly it seems like...
    They almost do.... MF products typically have shorter lifespans than other brands... In recent years it has become ridiculous (with products not being on the market a full year before being discontinued)... Last year the brand suffered its first loss, partially due to the economy and also a negative follow up review in Stereophile for the 550K Supercharger... MF, scrapped the entire product line and has rebooted with the new AMS, M6 and M3 Ranges + the flagship Titan Amp.... Hopefully the new ranges will have at least a 4 year lifespan....

nightflier
    ...and hopefully, the previous generation that are still on store shelves will be available at a discount.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    ...and hopefully, the previous generation that are still on store shelves will be available at a discount.
    They've been on sale at some sweet prices for months... The 550K Superchargers were down from $5K to $2K (now only a few demo and refurb are left on Audio Advisor)... and the A1 is down from $2K to $850...

Customers who picked up these items at the sweet prices have been posting very +ve reviews of them online...

nightflier
    Yes that A1 CD player is still available "factory refreshed" but that kind of wording never sounds very "fresh" to me...

Speaking of AudioAdvisor, for some reason when I check the clearance items, it never lets me sort by price, name or whatever. It just lists the items in no particular order. Is this happening to anyone else?

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Yes that A1 CD player is still available "factory refreshed" but that kind of wording never sounds very "fresh" to me...

Speaking of AudioAdvisor, for some reason when I check the clearance items, it never lets me sort by price, name or whatever. It just lists the items in no particular order. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Definitely not 'fresh'... If you want to try anything from the A1 line I'd suggest the integrated amp (which from the limited reviews before it was discontinued) is something special... The CD player was not all that well regarded...

I get the same issue with trying to sort clearance gear on AA....

Thread Information