Suspended

Mitsubishi has 3D Blu-ray player targeted for 1st of next year

Mitsubishi is planning to come out with a Blu-ray player that will some how be able to take two diminsional pictures and make them 3D on the fly. The player technology is designed to be able to do this with DLP sets. There goes Pixel's prediction if this comes true. DLP will live. Anyway there are skeptics who say this is impossible. I don't think Mitsubishi is the type of company to shoot off their mouth without something to back it up. After all they built the Zero, hand recognition door openers, phones that allow you to see who you are talking to, and who knows what all.

Suspended
    I'm cautiously optomistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Mitsubishi is planning to come out with a Blu-ray player that will some how be able to take two diminsional pictures and make them 3D on the fly. The player technology is designed to be able to do this with DLP sets. There goes Pixel's prediction if this comes true. DLP will live. Anyway there are skeptics who say this is impossible. I don't think Mitsubishi is the type of company to shoot off their mouth without something to back it up. After all they built the Zero, hand recognition door openers, phones that allow you to see who you are talking to, and who knows what all.
    Cool indeed if they can pull it off... Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to take advantage of the new technology as I see the rainbow effect on DLP sets... RATS. :-(

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I'm cautiously optomistic.
    A truly great stance to take in this hobby!

Our pilots in their mustangs blew the hell outta their zeros.
    They are probably using the "wobulation" fackery that DLP uses for 1080p, since dlp can't do better than 720p in the real world.
    and you'll probably have to wear the damn glasses (either polarized or blue-red)
    And if you think this will save dlp I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell ya.
    DLP front projectors will probably do fine, but the microprojector form factor is doomed,
    maybe Sonys sxrd sets will find a small market among the quality crowd,
    but nobody has given me a solid reason as to why anyone should buy a DLP set,
    which is mostly mechanical, has the black level problems of LCD and Plasma,
    and is bulkier.
    3D doesnt sell, most hear "3d " and the first word that pops into their mind is gimmick,
    and they arent about to give up their sleek flat panels for a gimmick, even if their wives would let them. Not to mention that after an hour 3d gives you a splitting headach
    As for DLP you can get a 55in one at wallfart for 998, a bargain even I
    (who loves a big screen) was considering.
    But I KNOW THE LIMITATIONS of this type TV, I gave advice to a poster on this forum
    about replacing the bulb, he stated the bulb was "shattered"!!!
    I tried to explain how dangerous changing a shattered bulb is in these sets (they have mercury) and I hope he took it
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    A truly great stance to take in this hobby!

yes it is, if you dont mind being disapointed.
    Too many times what appeared to be the sunrise in this hobby was actually the light from
    a
    HYDROGEN BOMB
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    yes it is, if you dont mind being disapointed.
    Too many times what appeared to be the sunrise in this hobby was actually the light from
    a
    HYDROGEN BOMB
    Ok, that sounds like something Dwight Schrute would say.

Ok, that sounds like something Dwight Schrute would say.

Smart man
    Laserdisc, just catching on and DVd comes out

Stereo TV, fought against for years because of "prohibitive cost " according to broadcasters, which turned out to be about 300 bucks per station

SVHS, went absolutly nowhere, good for timeshifting though
    DAT, a format for recording hobbyists, music companies never allowed it, scared of perfect copies (if they could have only known..)

HDTV disc by microsoft using WMA, killed in its cradle because you didn't need a player

And so on and so on...
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Suspended
    A broken bulb is scary. I was shocked when I replaced my first bulb to find the warning label that said the bulb needed special disposal and then tried to find a place to take it, When I did it wasn't free. So I shutter to think how many of these bulbs are just getting thrown into regular waste.

Pix, don't be a buzz kill, can't you picture the family gathered around the ole DLP with the nerdy glasses and bags of popcorn? Ah, good times.

Cool

A broken bulb is scary. I was shocked when I replaced my first bulb to find the warning label that said the bulb needed special disposal and then tried to find a place to take it, When I did it wasn't free. So I shutter to think how many of these bulbs are just getting thrown into regular waste.

Pix, don't be a buzz kill, can't you picture the family gathered around the ole DLP with the nerdy glasses and bags of popcorn? Ah, good times.

And then they can "bond" when one of them gets a brain tumor from watching this stuff.
    Most 3D TV causes severe headachs after an hour or so (kinda like peruvian schizo's posts).
    This is from forcing the brain to do something unnatural. How many times do you think they have tried 3D?
    There was the one with the glasses plugged into the unit, severe headach after an hour.
    The best 3D I saw was the display at Epcot, with micheal jackson as the host.
    This one used polarized glasses, and planted "explosions" when beams shot out of the screen, and birds flying right into your face.
    But there was a reason it was only a few minutes long
    Not being a "buzzkill" but if mitshu had anything new it would be major news.
    BESIDES, they have done enough with their 1080p televisions, have you seen one?
    Absolutly georgous (even if routine maintenence can kill you)
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    And then they can "bond" when one of them gets a brain tumor from watching this stuff.
    Most 3D TV causes severe headachs after an hour or so (kinda like peruvian schizo's posts)
    You are such a sore loser. Why are you the only person who can't comprehend my posts? Apparently you are in the minority on this one, which makes YOU the schizo, that's why everyone here thinks your one of the trolls from the past. Don't you get it?

Cool

You are such a sore loser. Why are you the only person who can't comprehend my posts? Apparently you are in the minority on this one, which makes YOU the schizo, that's why everyone here thinks your one of the trolls from the past. Don't you get it?
    People are humoring you.
    Don't you get it?

And SIXTY ONE pictures posted!
    Talk about screaming for attention.
    But keep em coming, I can always use a good laugh

Now go watch your citerion collection of Gomer pyle
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Certainly SOUNDS implausible

Gads! 3-D movies were always just a gimick because the effects were (a) unrealisitic, and (b) who needed them anyway?

I presume that Mitsubishi's effect will really on encoded video material, otherwise that would be the point? The results would be worse than a gimick.

Suspended
    I think they are all looking for the next big thing. But it would be nice if they slowed down and got what was already on the market right.

Mitsubishi also makes machinery for metal fabrication. I can't remember off hand the machine we use in trade school what it did, but it was big.

Quote Originally Posted by Wireworm5
    Mitsubishi also makes machinery for metal fabrication. I can't remember off hand the machine we use in trade school what it did, but it was big.

A lot of people don't know just how big Mitshubishi is.
    Down the street from me is a Mercedes plant, they designed and built it from the ground up for mercedes.
    But even bigger companies have tried to crack the 3D problem, all have failed
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

I've seen a quasi-3D product for HDTVs, a kind of polarized 'screen' that fit over the regular screen and did indeed have a neat effect with CGI & cell animated stuff (I have no idea why it works with those formats and not live video & film). Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends looked scary-good on the system, as did Futurama.

But you can approximate the effect by smoking a dime-bag and sitting 3 feet away from a 57" CRT too......

Quote Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
    I've seen a quasi-3D product for HDTVs, a kind of polarized 'screen' that fit over the regular screen and did indeed have a neat effect with CGI & cell animated stuff (I have no idea why it works with those formats and not live video & film). Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends looked scary-good on the system, as did Futurama.

But you can approximate the effect by smoking a dime-bag and sitting 3 feet away from a 57" CRT too......

proper HD always has a sense of depth for me anyway, why reinvent the wheel?
    Computers have three-d graphics, so whats the big deal?
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Thread Information