Thread: Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson

Is dead.

I know there are a few other threads open already but I wanted to make sure that no one missed this

Quote Originally Posted by Kevio
    Is dead.

I know there are a few other threads open already but I wanted to make sure that no one missed this
    It would be hard to overstate the massiveness of my indifference -- except I am getting weary of the excessive news coverage. How the heck could I possibly miss it!

I've never listened to Pop music. If I heard any of Jackson's greatest hits playing, I wouldn't know who it was by.

Suspended
    Not a lot of sympathy on this site for Michael. I've enjoyed much of his music and he was a pioneer in dance and TV videos, for that he deserves some notoriety. However, most can't get past his pedophilia and I'm one of them. In death as in life, he'll reap what he's sown.

Time to lighten the mood a bit. Anyone have a Michael Jackson joke/story worthy of sharing? Could become another thread.

McDonalds is coming out with a special hamburger in his honor.

It's called the McJackson and it consists of fifty year-old meat stuck between ten year-old buns.

Cool

COULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT THAT.
    I just hate that Farrah died on the same day, she'll get lost in the shuffle
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

I don't have a story to tell but I was standing at a urinal last night taking refuge as conversation once again turned to Mr. Jackson.

Culturally, this event has been compared to the death of Elvis Presley. So I'm wondering how specifically Michael will continue to haunt us and for how long.

Has anyones else received emails with the following very bad taste 'jokes'?

Its rumoured the Michael J's demise may have been the result of poisoning as it is believed he ate 10 year old weiners.

They are considering melting Michael down and making toys out of him as at the point of death he is considered to have been more than 90% plastic. They reckon the children can play with him for a change.

Really terrible humor - although I've got to admit I did laugh.
    Last edited by O'Shag; 06-28-2009 at 12:09 PM.
    'Lets See what the day brings forth'.... Reginald Iolanthe Perrin

I was brought up on and love classical music too, but my life would be poorer without other forms of music, such as the also-melodic gentle floating-o'er-hills-and-vales summer breeze raptures of Megadeth, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Ozzy Ozborne.

I was confused and disgusted by the whole pedophile thing, but I loved Michael Jackson. I found it really hard to believe and wanted it not to be true. Some of his music is great, and his persona back in the 80's and early 90's (before all the terrible revelations) was compelling. I would like to think he was innnocent of the charges, but the evidence was kind of overwhelming.
    'Lets See what the day brings forth'.... Reginald Iolanthe Perrin

Just about everyone has skeletons in the closet. If you are a celebrity the entire world gets to know about them. If MJ was a pedophile, that's disgusting. However the word I hear is that he was just weird beyond belief. That said, separating the man from the music is what I do. I didn't much like the early stuff with The Jackson Five. I've never liked child performers. I don't think they are cute, just boring. Only when he went solo did I start liking his music. I supported that like by buying it.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information