Looks like the Good Guys store closing sale is winding down

I ventured into the Dublin and San Jose Good Guys stores last night (bought a SACD player for 40% off, discussed in another thread in the General Audio forum), and it looks like the store closing sale has headed into the final stretch. The Dublin store apparently will close after Sunday, while the San Jose store will get its final curtain call next weekend. I believe that the San Francisco stores have already been shuttered.

The San Jose store still had a few shelves with new-in-box items, while the Dublin store was almost completely picked over with mostly demo units and open box items, some of which looked like they were in bad shape (dents, missing remotes, broken dials, pushed in dustcaps, etc.).

The reductions are now at 40-60% off. Most of the audio and video components in the stores sell at 40% off, while the speakers are at least half off. I might pay one last visit over the weekend to get a memory card for my digital camera. Altogether though, the stacks of new-in-box components and choice demo units that I saw piled around the stores just two weeks ago are almost all gone. (e.g. one demo room that two weeks ago was stacked full of factory sealed Klipsch, Energy, and Monitor Audio speakers is now completely empty; the stacks of sealed box Denon and Yamaha receivers and DVD players [including their flagship models] are also all gone)

For those of you who've been standing on the sidelines looking for the final markdowns, it looks like the time to strike is here!

Your post remind me of a funny incident when local Walmart was closing down.

They had everything slashed down to 50 to 75 off and store was packed. I went to store and filled up my cart. On the way to the counter, I saw a Camera that was good price. But since didn’t have enough money, I took it and shoved it on the floor under one of the shelves where they put items on it on sale.

The next day I went to pick it up and not only camera was gone, but also the shelf. I guess somebody bought the shelf also

Thread Information