Suspended

Here's the scoop of a potential 10 or 5 free Blu ray movies

I've got the Blu ray itch and I done the research on the free Blu ray movie offers and thought I'd share, or save you some time. Firstly, it's for new purchases of Blu ray players.

Offer one is from the Blu-ray disc Association who will give you free 5 movies with the purchase of a new Blu-ray player from a list of players that qualify. I know Sony, Panasonic, Samsung & Phillips was on the list. The rebate form will let you select 5 titles from a short list of Blu-ray releases. You can find a link to the rebate form with all the details at www.bluray.com Promotion is good from July 1 to Sept 30, 2007.

Panasonic is offering 5 movies that are included right in the box of the new DMP-BD10a or ak. These include both Pirates of the Caribbean, Crash, Fantastic Four & Transporter.

So if you went with the Panasonic you could end up with 10 free movies.

I was tempted by the Sony at $499.00 but 10 free movies would make it worth the extra $100.00 for the Panasonic. Can anybody think of a reason the Sony would be the better player?

nightflier
    SACD capability?

Suspended
    Denon was a DVD-A supporter. I believe the Panasonic just does CD but I'll have to check. The best bet for SACD would be a Sony player. Although the first Sony Blu-ray player didn't do music at all.

I love the looks of the Sony BDP-1.

Suspended
    It looked like the newer models are coming with the new HD audio formats though. And, they are cheaper. I wonder if any picture quality difference.

Thread Information