Google music search and stream....

From Blast - (and everywhere else on the web at this point)

It’s amazing how strong the rumor mill is the age of Twitter. Despite making no official press announcement, everyone and their mother is apparently aware that Google is going to launch a music service in the near future which will allow users to stream a huge catalog of songs right from within the Google search window. So while we’re reporting on rumors we haven’t personally verified, you don’t really have any reason not to believe us.

more at the link...........

link

Interesting - what do you all think? I think if it can steam like pandora, but better, then it will be kick ass. if not, i'll keep my pandora open like always.

actually i might just be happy if the google music stream doesn't try to put radiohead in to all my streams, really, i don't like them THAT much.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    From Blast - (and everywhere else on the web at this point)

It’s amazing how strong the rumor mill is the age of Twitter. Despite making no official press announcement, everyone and their mother is apparently aware that Google is going to launch a music service in the near future which will allow users to stream a huge catalog of songs right from within the Google search window. So while we’re reporting on rumors we haven’t personally verified, you don’t really have any reason not to believe us.

more at the link...........

link

Interesting - what do you all think? I think if it can steam like pandora, but better, then it will be kick ass. if not, i'll keep my pandora open like always.
    ...personally, who cares?!? Just another online music file service. I don't care how convenient they make it, it doesn't excite me at all.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Since Pandora is my best friend (I am a subscriber), this is really good news. I use Pandora streamed through my PS3 as opening music in my home theater like they do at the theater. With good lighting, it makes a nice theatrical feel at the beginning of every movie presentation I share with my friends. They really like the effect. This is great news.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Since Pandora is my best friend (I am a subscriber), this is really good news. I use Pandora streamed through my PS3 as opening music in my home theater like they do at the theater. With good lighting, it makes a nice theatrical feel at the beginning of every movie presentation I share with my friends. They really like the effect. This is great news.

WOW - that is pretty awesome movie effect. Crazy.

I'm a Pandora fan as well, though not a subscriber at this point, though the wife and I have talked about it.

Whenever I'm at the office though I'm on Pandora. Having some good competition will hopefully push Pandora to make it's algorithms better. Seriously, I don't need Radiohead in all my station streams.

Thread Information