Cool Comcast new feature: On Demand Video.

This new feature from Comcast is so cool, and best thing about it...it is free and no commecials

Comcast just activated this feature in my area (Ch. 1), and all I have to do is bring up the menu and choose from couple of dozen movies, TV specials, nostalgic TV, comedy shows, music videos, educational and do it yourself programs.....and then press play. Also can stop in middle of movie or program, archieve it and watch it later.

And the programings change every month. Been watching Three Stooges (there are like 20 episodes) all this month

Forum Regular

Is This Same As Time Warners

Is this the same thing that Time Warner has been doing here for about a year- basically making alot of shows and channels on demand- IE on HBO you could watch all episodes of Deadwood, etc, and it was just slow to go to Comscast or is this something different?
    ON Time Warner only certain shows and episodes are on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    Is this the same thing that Time Warner has been doing here for about a year- basically making alot of shows and channels on demand- IE on HBO you could watch all episodes of Deadwood, etc, and it was just slow to go to Comscast or is this something different?
    Do Time Warner charge for On demand feature?

On Comcast it is free. But one need subscription to HBO or Showtime to access those two channel's On Demand feature.
    Last edited by Smokey; 06-09-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Forum Regular
    [QUOTE=Smokey]Do Time Warner charge for On demand feature?

Be honest I'm not sure but it's included in my package I wish they had this for all shows but it's somewhat limited. They have stuff like USA in demand, comedy channel on demand, HBO on demand Alot of channels

Forum Regular
    Yeah, it's a neat feature, been around for a while with Comcast, but only in certain markets.
    I did tech support for them for a while, the one problem is it never worked properly. Probably 30-40% of the calls I got a night were people complaining about their On Demand not working.

Here in Canada we have TMN On Demand, lots of free movies and stuff if you subscribe to TMN. Plus it acutally works all the time (go Canadian cable infrastructure).

Thread Information