An App for Audiophiles?

I don't own a smartphone or iPod Touch so I can't tell you how well the App works.
    http://studiosixdigital.com/

Available Apps:

** FFT -- Fast Fourier Transform analysis for extremely detailed acoustics work.

** SPL Pro -- Our professional digital SPL meter. Includes peak hold, LEQ, octave band filters, and more.

** SPL Graph -- Plot SPL over time (up to 24 hours) and optionally record the audio. Supports A,C, and octave-band weightings.

** SPL Traffic Light -- Set 3 SPL dB levels to trigger the green, yellow, and red lights. Use this to monitor live sound level, or in any situation where you want to watch the sound levels. Use standard Fast or Slow decay, or Leq from 1 minute to 60 minutes.

** ETC -- Energy TIme Curve. Plots the decay of an impulse over time. Also computes RT60 from the curve. A, C, and octave band filters are available.

** Impulse Response -- Record an Impulse Response audio file, and then analyze the IR for commonly used metrics. Both the data and IR can be uploaded to a PC or Mac.

** Speaker Polarity -- Determines speaker polarity by analyzing a proprietary signal.

** THD+n -- Measure distortion of the line input signal. Results are shown numerically, or may be graphed. Requires iAudioInterface.

** Amplitude Sweep -- Measure the frequency response of equipment. Requires iAudioInterface.

** Speaker Distortion -- Measure distortion of a speaker, using the built-in or the iAudioInterface microphone.

** Impedance -- Measure impedance, from 0.5 ohms to 5000 ohms +/-1%. Also computes power requirements in watts for a given voltage speaker system. Results are shown numerically, or may be plotted. Requires iAudioInterface.

** Smaart Tools -- (Available January 2011) Now you can have the power of the most popular acoustical analysis software on the iPhone / iPad platform.

** VU Meter -- Dual display VU / PPM meters for monitoring mono or stereo level.

** Calibration -- Calibration of iAudioInterface, as well as the internal mic is supported. You can also calibrate other input sources.

** Save results -- Results for the RTA, FFT, SPL Graph, SPL Pro, ETC Impulse Response and Audio Scope functions may be saved and recalled at a later time. You can also save screen shots of these functions.

** Export results -- Saved results may also be exported to any PC or Mac using a web browser. Results are stored in tab-delimited format for input into a spreadsheet or other analysis tool. You can also email results to yourself, or someone else. If your device has a camera, you can take a photo and associate with a stored measurement. This photo can be emailed or stored in your photo roll. The location can be stored in the measurement file also, in latitude and longitude.

JRA

Chicago IL
    Thanks for the info, I will give it a try tomorrow on one of the ipods! I hope there is something good and most of them are free!

My vintage gear!!! http://i48.tinypic.com/t66o1v.png

Cool

The value of these will depend on their accuracy. Some computerized EQ systems
    have already rendered the SPL meter obsolete. I did my system with an SPL meter
    (a pretty good one from the shack) and then Auddessy , which then preceted to kick its
    tail
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    I don't own a smartphone or iPod Touch so I can't tell you how well the App works.
    I use the SPL meter on my iPhone and find it quite handy. While it's not a calibrated M&K mic, it provides an idea of the level wherever I may be - movies, concerts, garage, etc. I also have RTA Lite, but that is more of an eye candy app.

rw

Thread Information