Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

Another Emo sale!

http://emotiva.com/

An XPA-2 for $709.00, wow! Several other pieces too.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Hey look at that! Now I'm interested. I have a $100 certificate to use up too...thinking of trying the USP-1, might go well in my workout room with my Adcom GFA 535.
    XPA-2 is damn tempting...way overkill for any of my speakers at present though, but that could motivate me to build something bigger...hmmmm.

Ajani
    If you really are thinking of buying some more EMO gear: now is the time...

The sale is while supplies last...

Beginning January of 2011, prices are going to increase slightly to reflect their increased production costs...

Suspended
    What is the word on their speakers? Mr P did the subs but I have not heard anyone talk about their speakers.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    What is the word on their speakers? Mr P did the subs but I have not heard anyone talk about their speakers.
    I haven't heard anything bad about them, but nothing really exceptional either... Sounds like they are good for money, but speakers tends to be a more personal choice than electronics...

If you are interested, you could always try them and return them if they don't do it for you...

Also, they have a new line of speakers coming out early next year: The X-Ref line...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another Emo sale!-xrt-52-.jpg   Another Emo sale!-xrt-62-.jpg  

WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    I haven't heard anything bad about them, but nothing really exceptional either... Sounds like they are good for money, but speakers tends to be a more personal choice than electronics...

If you are interested, you could always try them and return them if they don't do it for you...

Also, they have a new line of speakers coming out early next year: The X-Ref line...
    I was just mainly interested for the knowledge since everyone raves about the electronics. I'm not in the market for speakers anytime soon. Gonna be hard to do better than the Clearfields for anything close to their original price, and the $100 I paid for them. I also still love my Dynaudio 82s also.

Cool

Somebody buy their new preamp and let me know how it is.
    PLEASE.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    PLEASE.
    NOOOOOOOO.......!

I don't want to know how good it is...
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Ajani
    PLEASE.
    Which one?

The XSP-1 $800 (expected to be released early 2011) - analog pre-amp

OR

The XDA-1 $300 (pre-order) - DAC/digital pre-amp

If it's the XDA-1, I'm on the pre-order list... So I'll write a review of how it sounds connected directly to my XPA-2 (versus my DAC1)...
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.

I'm on the pre-order list for the Dac thingy too. I was fairly impressed with the the DAC's ERC-1 that I figured that thing will do a better job with all my FLAC files since we're streaming more.

But to be honest, I've heard better things about the USP-1 and it might be a better small addition in my 2-ch rig or maybe my workout room with an idle Adcom amp I have left where the old NAD 3020 and 3140's are currently splitting duty.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I'm on the pre-order list for the Dac thingy too. I was fairly impressed with the the DAC's ERC-1 that I figured that thing will do a better job with all my FLAC files since we're streaming more.

But to be honest, I've heard better things about the USP-1 and it might be a better small addition in my 2-ch rig or maybe my workout room with an idle Adcom amp I have left where the old NAD 3020 and 3140's are currently splitting duty.
    If you plan to use a digital only system, then the XDA-1 is supposed to be the best option direct to your power amp...

Emotiva (Lonnie) says it has better sound quality than the USP-1, and in his tests the system sounded best driving the amps directly with the XDA-1 and no USP-1 in between...

So unless you plan to use a turntable with it, the XDA-1 is cheaper and sounds better than the USP-1...

Also the XDA-1 sounds better than the ERC-1 (all according to Emo)....

Yeah with my $100 off certificate that might be the way to go. At $199 you're pretty much happy if it just works.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Which one?

The XSP-1 $800 (expected to be released early 2011) - analog pre-amp

OR

The XDA-1 $300 (pre-order) - DAC/digital pre-amp

If it's the XDA-1, I'm on the pre-order list... So I'll write a review of how it sounds connected directly to my XPA-2 (versus my DAC1)...
    The XDA-1 .
    LOOKS like it would fit several applications, some at the same time.
    An external DAC for a computer, and a preamp for a audio only system.
    I AWAIT your review. Thanks
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Ajani
    Yeah with my $100 off certificate that might be the way to go. At $199 you're pretty much happy if it just works.
    lol... At that price it's almost guaranteed to be worth the money...

The initial buzz from persons who checked out the XDA-1 at RMAF was very good... It seems even Emo's competitors were quick to check out the XDA-1... So I really hope the product lives up to the hype...

Considering Emo recommends pairing it directly with 2 XPA-1s ($2K) then clearly they have confidence in its sound quality...

Suspended
    That would be something if the XDA was better than the USP & ERC, how would they sell any more of the USP/ERC. I can tell you the USP doesn't have the same build quality as the ERC, at least on the outside. I opened the USP and saw the cheezy remote after buying an ERC first and wondered what was going on. The USP sounds pretty good but I haven't had many others to compare it to.

Suspended
    That would be something if the XDA was better than the USP & ERC, how would they sell any more of the USP/ERC. I can tell you the USP doesn't have the same build quality as the ERC, at least on the outside. I opened the USP and saw the cheezy remote after buying an ERC first and wondered what was going on. The USP sounds pretty good but I haven't had many others to compare it to.

Suspended
    BTW, Pix it's time for you to buy and let, us know.

Yeah, Pix...quit being so cheap and pull the trigger already. Mr. P, Ajani and I have guinea pigged enough already

Cool

Yeah, Pix...quit being so cheap and pull the trigger already. Mr. P, Ajani and I have guinea pigged enough already
    Cheap?
    I HAVE a line of credit at the place I usually do business with, and thats IT.
    You wanna loan me three C notes and I WOULD BE GLAD to check out this bad boy for you.
    RIGHT now my finances are horrendous, and I am on a "only if something blows up"
    mode. IF this thing produced gasoline outta left over pot pies, then you have a deal.
    Otherwise my Integra is only a year or so old and makes a great pre-amp.
    SO unless I can get it at my hook up, it will have to wait.
    AND wait.
    AND wait...
    AND (get the picture)?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cheap?
    I HAVE a line of credit at the place I usually do business with, and thats IT.
    You wanna loan me three C notes and I WOULD BE GLAD to check out this bad boy for you.
    RIGHT now my finances are horrendous, and I am on a "only if something blows up"
    mode. IF this thing produced gasoline outta left over pot pies, then you have a deal.
    Otherwise my Integra is only a year or so old and makes a great pre-amp.
    SO unless I can get it at my hook up, it will have to wait.
    AND wait.
    AND wait...
    AND (get the picture)?
    Yeah, my wife cut off my spending a few months back too, and I've bought enough new gizmos this year to risk another. Maybe we could all cash in our empties, sell some blood, and have an ar.com draw for the winner to try this out?

Or GM's gotta pull off the win at Bingo!

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    BTW, The USP has a new remote of the quality of other EMO remotes:

http://emotiva.com/usp1.shtm

Suspended
    I wonder if they took a lot of flack over the cheezy remote and stepped it up. My USP-1 remote is small and plastic, the ERC-1 looks like it was chizzled out of a solid block of aluminum. If the USP-1 went to an aluminum remote it's interesting the price stayed the same, maybe I should see about a remote upgrade.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I wonder if they took a lot of flack over the cheezy remote and stepped it up. My USP-1 remote is small and plastic, the ERC-1 looks like it was chizzled out of a solid block of aluminum. If the USP-1 went to an aluminum remote it's interesting the price stayed the same, maybe I should see about a remote upgrade.
    I believe they did (probably still do) offer a remote upgrade. So it would be worth investigating...

The UMC-1 shipped with a small crappy remote, but they later sent me a remote pretty much the same chassis as the ERC-1. It's good and heavy and feels nice, but to be honest, I use a Harmony remote anyway so not a feature I value very much. Some people probably care more than others. I'd probably have opted for a crappier remote to save a few dollars, those without a Harmony remote probably wouldn't.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information