Forum Regular

What are the room requirements for ceiling mounted projectors?

I'm wondering if a ceiling mounted projection setup would work for me and if I could get a descent setup for about $1,500 -1,800 (screen & other big cost needs included). Keep in mind that I'm used to a 27" analog Wega so I should be pretty easy to please. I'd just like to get the most out of my progressive scan DVD player and the tight space I have to make something work.

I've been to projectorcentral but I didn't see anything that looked like a beginners guide to required ceiling height and all the other room requirements for front projection. The photos of my future HT room are in my "Feel my pain!!" thread along with room measurements and ceiling heights.

I haven't ruled out RPTV but I'm wondering if front projection would afford for better living space in my challenged HT room.

Lightbulb room requirements for ceiling mounted projectors

[QUOTE=Canyonlands]I'm wondering if a ceiling mounted projection setup would work for me and if I could get a descent setup for about $1,500 -1,800 (screen & other big cost needs included). Keep in mind that I'm used to a 27" analog Wega so I should be pretty easy to please. I'd just like to get the most out of my progressive scan DVD player and the tight space I have to make something work.

I've been to projectorcentral but I didn't see anything that looked like a beginners guide to required ceiling height and all the other room requirements for front projection. The photos of my future HT room are in my "Feel my pain!!" thread along with room measurements and ceiling heights.

Hope this could help,basically it could be ajusted depending on size of screen.It works almost like when you use a overhead projector. Try this site www.cinemasource.com and go to articles .Pat.P

Thread Information