Recieved my Harmony remote yesterday, its GREAT

I had the basic programing done in just shy of thirty minutes.

Now for the rest of the story......
    I spent about two hours trying to tweak the remote without any luck and after saying what I did in my last post I just hated to call tech support but I did! After a few hours with the regular tech guy I was stepped up to the advanced tech for help. He got it straightened out in a reasonably short period of time, it was a timing problem. I would like to add that both techs that I talked with were very calm and did a great job. Not only is their product great but so is the support they give their customers.

I might add to be sure each time you try and download any information to update your remote that you need to remember to have Norton and your Add Blocker turned off.

As far as the operation of the remote goes IT WORKS GREAT!!!! I highly recommend getting one. You just don't realize how enjoyable turning your system on can be untill you have one of these remotes. I ordered it late on the night of the 21st and received it the
    24th and it is working great on the 25th.

When I press the DVD button it turns on my TV changes it to the correct input, turns on my receiver and changes it to the correct input and also turns on my DVD player. This is exactly what I was told it would do. This is a very nice surprise to get something that actually does everything just as advertised. I highly recommend this remote and think you will be very happy with it also, Jeff

Take a look...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...863300?ie=UTF8
    Last edited by Grandpaw; 08-25-2006 at 12:12 PM. Reason: change in title
    I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days...Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days. I just refuse to have bad ones!!!, Jeff

Forum Regular
    I saw it in stores and was considering buying one. There are different models at varying prices, which one did you get? Basic model?

Forum Regular

Glad You're Happy, He Has the 676

Glad your happy with it. As I said, I have 2 of them- one for my living room set up & 1 for my bedroom. You may have to push the help button on it if an operation doesn't begin correctly- i.e. TV isn't on, input isn't correct, but that just take 10-45 seconds for it to correct & it sure beats having to use 4-6 different remotes. I'm surprised it took Harmony that long to set your tweaks up. Usually it would take about 10-15 minutes for me. The main tweaks for me is having the A & B buttons on it be the A & B buttons for the DVR/Cable Box. Also, try to have them set it up so things just take miliseconds instead of seconds if that makes sense.

In regards for the guy asking for models, I found you definately can get the cheapest prices buying online. I have the 676. Their lower models may be just as effective & cheaper, I can't really comment on them. The 880 is their latest & most advances model & people are raving about it. If I didn't already have the 676, I would have spent the extra money on the 880. However, it wasn't worth it for me to replace the 676 with the 880 for the differences.

Whatever you do, don't buy this in a store as their prices can be $100 more then you can get this new online.

Quote Originally Posted by PHiX
    I saw it in stores and was considering buying one. There are different models at varying prices, which one did you get? Basic model?
    At the bottom of my original post, if you click on the link where it says take a look it will give you all the information about the model I purchased , where and how much it was. I choose this model because it did everything I needed. The higher models have rechargeable bases and use RF signal that is not line of site. You might look at all of the different models just in case you have different needs, Jeff

These are the models Amazon carries I purchased the 676 because I felt it did everything I needed and it was at a good price.

http://amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/102...ds=harmony+880
    I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days...Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days. I just refuse to have bad ones!!!, Jeff

I have a logitech remote as well but I keep having to re-connect it to the computer and reprogram it. On a side note I have a projector that I have to press the off button two times to get it to turn off. After the first press of the power button the projector asks if you are sure that you want to turn it off and then you press it again. I can't get the Harmony to send that signal twice. I have kept looking around and I have found this beast....check it out. Perfect size, beautiful display, incredibly customizable and it does a lot more than a typical remote. On the other hand it's a lot more than the Logitech.

http://www.xantech.com/

you have to scroll down a little bit. It's the XTR39.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcct
    I have a logitech remote as well but I keep having to re-connect it to the computer and reprogram it. On a side note I have a projector that I have to press the off button two times to get it to turn off. After the first press of the power button the projector asks if you are sure that you want to turn it off and then you press it again. I can't get the Harmony to send that signal twice. I have kept looking around and I have found this beast....check it out. Perfect size, beautiful display, incredibly customizable and it does a lot more than a typical remote. On the other hand it's a lot more than the Logitech.

jlcct, If you called logitech harmony remote support or went in to the options of the activity on your login for the harmony website, the issue you mention above are easily resolved. My friend has the harmony 688 and a front projector and it sends the signal twice to power it off. Call them if you can not resolve this problem, also if you always have to resync/reload to get the remote working call logitech as they have Great Customer Service and will be able to assist you in that matter.

Also log on to the website and make sure you have the lastest firmware and software for the remote.

I personally own the 880 and love it

Greg
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    PSB Image T65
    PSB Image C60
    PSB Image S50
    Yamaha YST-SW1500
    Mitsubishi WS-55807
    Sony DVP-NC875V SACD
    Logitech Harmony 880
    Iriver Ihp-120 MP3 Player

Quote Originally Posted by jlcct
    I have a logitech remote as well but I keep having to re-connect it to the computer and reprogram it. On a side note I have a projector that I have to press the off button two times to get it to turn off. After the first press of the power button the projector asks if you are sure that you want to turn it off and then you press it again.

Why not just press the 'off' button again?

Or if it's part of a macro, add a 1 second delay and tell it to send the 'power off' again.

Thread Information