Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Follow up about the Auto Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Hashpot
    Good info before reading this i was considering buying the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV-K i saw for $498.97 on Parts express you say you got yours for 409 shipped sounds like greeeeat deal ill definently consider buying this unit. By the way were how old are your speakers i dont know too much about speakers but like you said i dont think your spakers bond weel.
    After watching the Mission Impossible 2 DVD last night at ear blistering volume levels I realized that I needed to give the auto calibration yet another try. The center channel was lost and the bass was ridiculous. Walls were shaking. I had been messing up with the location of the microphone. I simply put the little microphone right where I sit and the result is quite good. I have Behringer EP2500 amps in the front portion of my surround setup and Gemini XG-2001 and 3001s in the rears. The MCACC does a very good job of helping somewhat different amps sound very similar and the volume levels blend accurately. Remember to set the subwoofer to plus in the manual speaker setting or you will have no sub output at all for anything but sources with a discrete subwoofer channel. Just keep fiddling and testing and you will be pleased.

While not a total slam dunk without HDMI audio the 1016 is certainly worth a try. Think of it as more of a sweet midrange jump shot.

Hashpot
    Kexoduse thanks , their known for over the phone deals thats kool i always thought most of the better deals would just be online.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking Room to loud

Dear Tarheel;
    You might want to consider your room accoustical environment CONCRETE WALLS, AND SHEETS doesn't do very well for good sonics your room is TO LIVE there's nothing in there to absorb some of those reflecting sounds what might help you is this you could go out and buy you some inexpensive lumber and build you some walls where the sheets are or maybe you have a friend who is a carpenter and you and him can get together and do that just a couple of free standing walls to start this would help much more than the sheets to absorb some of those sound waves bouncing all over the room, and later you could purchase some sheetrock again nothing to break the bank and measure it and cut it to size to fit the walls after that maybe some nice heavy cushioned furniture would really be a plus you see the trick here is to bring down the liveliness of the room, Trust me it's not the pioneer it's your accoustical environment. Why do you think professional recording artists record in a sound proof enviroment? because the rooms are accoustically set up for music the sound doesn't reflect every where. I've lived in a lot of different places and there have been time that i have had to do some accoustical environment TWEAKING so i hope that this little bit of info has been a help to you you don't have to get crazy out of your pocket to do this shop around and set up your own little sound room. hey here's my thing "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER ( PIONEER) HATE THE GAME ( THE BLAME GAME) you feel me ?

wow...rising up from the ashes...i almost forgot about this thread...

well, here's an update. It's a shame i didn't come sooner...like 2 years ago.

Anyway, i ditched the Pioneer shortly after my last post. Even with the EQ off the sound was unacceptable and harsh to my ears. I didn't enjoy music or movies and had to unload the AVR to reclaim my HT room.
    I sold it online for a decent price and purchased a Marantz AVR for around the same price as the Pioneer. This was/is my first Marantz and boy did I make the right choice.
    The unit is very musical and sounds great on movies. I've had the receiver close to 2 years now and may upgrade soon. Probably will stick with the Marantz line or go separates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Winston Primm
    Dear Tarheel;
    You might want to consider your room accoustical environment CONCRETE WALLS, AND SHEETS doesn't do very well for good sonics your room is TO LIVE there's nothing in there to absorb some of those reflecting sounds what might help you is this you could go out and buy you some inexpensive lumber and build you some walls where the sheets are or maybe you have a friend who is a carpenter and you and him can get together and do that just a couple of free standing walls to start this would help much more than the sheets to absorb some of those sound waves bouncing all over the room, and later you could purchase some sheetrock again nothing to break the bank and measure it and cut it to size to fit the walls after that maybe some nice heavy cushioned furniture would really be a plus you see the trick here is to bring down the liveliness of the room, Trust me it's not the pioneer it's your accoustical environment. Why do you think professional recording artists record in a sound proof enviroment? because the rooms are accoustically set up for music the sound doesn't reflect every where. I've lived in a lot of different places and there have been time that i have had to do some accoustical environment TWEAKING so i hope that this little bit of info has been a help to you you don't have to get crazy out of your pocket to do this shop around and set up your own little sound room. hey here's my thing "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER ( PIONEER) HATE THE GAME ( THE BLAME GAME) you feel me ?
    Ted Winston Primm...since you were kind enough to revive this thread, i need to post a replay...you are correct my basement was/is very active and live.
    I've since laid carpet and placed furniture in the room. The back wall is complete fabric as well.
    I've had this basic room for 4 years and i have moved plenty of equipment in and out of it. Trust me, once you spend enough time with your speakers and room, you can hear differences in equipment. Crazy, i know.
    Some folks love Pioneer, but honestly, that AVR was horrible in the sound department. Each model should be treated and an opinion formed individually. I can only speak to this Pioneer model...and it sucked!
    Cheers,
    Tarheel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information