Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NAD receivers

Forum Regular
    So what do you do for all your video needs. If I read it correctly the 2500 does not have all the fancy dancy up-scaling stuff, so do you go through something else???

The 5960 does look like a nice choice. It is more advanced than mine having "XM Ready with XM HD Surround Powered by Neural Surround, Compatible with iPod Via Optional Yamaha YDS-10 and Compressed Music Enhancer. The 115wpc x 7 are probably more than you need. My 2500 will easily fill my large room with plenty of sound. I reach my limit before it reaches it's.
    It's available almost everywhere, including Best Buy.
    I'm sure the Denons and Onkyos are equally as nice.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by kbochat
    So what do you do for all your video needs. If I read it correctly the 2500 does not have all the fancy dancy up-scaling stuff, so do you go through something else???
    Straight from the source to the projector. It upscales, although not as well as some others.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    If audio quality is paramount, it is hard to beat NAD. They start with that in mind and build around it. Their amps can dynamically deliver power way above their rated outputs. In fact, their receivers weigh a ton because the power supplies are huge. They can also drive very low impedence speakers, because they can handle very high current. If you want bells and whistles and fancy menus, NAD is not for you. If you want a clean interface, tons of power and very clean sound, I doubt Yamaha, et al, can match.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information