Forum Regular

klipsch center speaker ?

I have the klipsch synergy series sc-3 center channel speaker , Im looking to buy new main speakers to go with the sc-3 , my ? is should i stay with the synergy series or could i move up to the ref series, Im looking at the sb-2 or sb-3 in the synergy series and the rb-25s and rb-35s in the ref series, they do have the sb-3s on close out at best buy in my area for $350.00 .do you guys think that the ref series will timber match the sc-3 or do you think i should stay with the synergy series ,I will be running them with a denon 4800 thank you

Wink You should be fine...

I've had all manner of Klipsch center channels from the SC-1 to the monsterous C-7. I'm not a big proponent of "timbre" matching as some here are. I believe in getting the best sounding center you can, if HT is your main thing, then getting some decent speakers for mains and surrounds. Nothing is more annoying that having to turn up everything cause you can't hear the dialogue. No problems with Klipsch Centers as they horn seems made for the spoken word. I think you'll be fine matching your SC-3 with the SB-3 (which I used to own by the way).

Da Worfster

Forum Regular
    thank you for the help, do you think the klipsch ref series rb 35s would sound much better than the sb-3s i know they cost more not sure if it would be worth it ,i have listened to the sb-3s they sound pretty good to me .have not had a chance to listen to the rb35s

Thread Information