Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That's some Effed Up Chit right there man....

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    My neighbors in the back has put a jacuzzi up against the back wall away from there house and closest to mine. Super loud music on a poor mini system till 2-3 in the morning and i havent said a word but when i mow the back yard at 8:30AM and can hear him yelling at me. I'm not sure what i'm going to do yet.
    Sigh, I hate to hear stories like this... I'd go over there and tell him to cut off the music. Of course I'm 6 foot 2 Inches of muscled, scary Black Man, so people tend to listen when I talk. I also use "the command voice of decision" I perfected as a Sgt in the Army.. that also tends to get their attention. Bottom line is I bought a house. College kids get a little noisey but it's only on weekends and that I can live with. Go talk to the guy and see if he's an ******* or reasonable if the former then start calling the cops when his late night shennanigans start disturbing you.

Da Worfster

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    I see it as give and take as i put up with a little and so far nobodys had a problem with me.Calling the cops would be the very last thing i'd do to somebody on either side of me. So far he's only yelled when i mow and he has these party's 3-5 times a year.
    Look & Listen

Mey
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by noek
    I doubt that there is anything you can do short of moving.

I''m an owner whose lived here 5 years. They are renters who been there 2 months. Someone's going to move, and it ain't going to be me. If I did sell and move, I think I would get a reduced price for my place because of these bozos- the noise is almost constant.
    I live in an apartment on the third floor and while I don't currently have a sub for my receiver, I just bought Logitech z5500s for my computer and I can tell you this much, I've had several notes on my door about the bass shaking lighting fixtures already. I now keep it very low and try to be polite as possible but there are still times on the weekend during the day when I'll play a tad loud for a short duration.
    See, you are trying to be cooperative and polite. Short periods on weekends during the day I don't have as much of a problem with. When it's blasting at 11pm on a Sunday night, I have a problem. When the 100 year-old family photographs I've spent 100's of dollars to have archivally framed are rattling and shaking on the walls, I have a problem. I hear their TV at some level almost constantly. Yesterday, their TV was on 7:30am, at 10:30pm when I got home, and went until 4am. And was back on at 7:30am today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mey
    See, you are trying to be cooperative and polite. Short periods on weekends during the day I don't have as much of a problem with. When it's blasting at 11pm on a Sunday night, I have a problem. When the 100 year-old family photographs I've spent 100's of dollars to have archivally framed are rattling and shaking on the walls, I have a problem. I hear their TV at some level almost constantly. Yesterday, their TV was on 7:30am, at 10:30pm when I got home, and went until 4am. And was back on at 7:30am today.
    You are also trying to be nice by researching and offering a solution to them. I still don't think that they will care or take the advice. But I still believe that if they were to install the base shakers with the rubber isolators below, they could lower their sub and still enjoy their system. Good luck.

Click on links below:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=299-027

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-876
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    People who love to play their subs as loud as this person will not appreciate bass shakers. Bass shakers would be no replacement, even an addition to my sub. My subs sound too good.

I would recommend that you ask them to mount their subs off the floor, and away from walls. For years my left/right mains handled all of the bass chores in my system. The subwoofers in these speakers shook the air violently, slightly vibrated the floors, and enabled you to feel the pressure wave. I never heard the windows or walls rattle. My mains probably outperformed 90% of the subwoofers out there. However they were on low stands off the floor.

After purchasing my subs, I noticed the floor shook violently, windows and dishes in the kitchen and dining room rattle and shifted, the air still shook and the pressure wave still could be felt. I also noticed that the walls rattled too. My subs are sitting directly on the floor. . I raised them off the floor one day using 7" high concrete blocks, and all of the rattling disappeared.

If you raise you sub off the floor, then you can lessen any structure borne vibrations that may transfer to other apartments or rooms. You can also purchase bass traps that you sit you subs on. They work pretty well in isolating the sub from the floor and walls.
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 04-20-2006 at 12:39 PM.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    People who love to play their subs as loud as this person will not appreciate bass shakers. Bass shakers would be no replacement, even an addition to my sub. My subs sound too good.

I would recommend that you ask them to mount their subs off the floor, and away from walls. For years my left/right mains handled all of the bass chores in my system. The subwoofers in these speakers shook the air violently, slightly vibrated the floors, and enabled you to feel the pressure wave. I never heard the windows or walls rattle. My mains probably outperformed 90% of the subwoofers out there. However they were on low stands off the floor.

After purchasing my subs, I noticed the floor shook violently, windows and dishes in the kitchen and dining room rattle and shifted, the air still shook and the pressure wave still could be felt. I also noticed that the walls rattled too. My subs are sitting directly on the floor. . I raised them off the floor one day using 7" high concrete blocks, and all of the rattling disappeared.

If you raise you sub off the floor, then you can lessen any structure bore vibrations that may transfer to other apartments or rooms. You can also purchase bass traps that you sit you subs on. They work pretty well in isolating the sub from the floor and walls.
    How about these TACTILE SOUND TST429 PLATINUM TRANSDUCERs ??

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-864

Good down to 5 htz. That will rattle their teeth.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    How about these TACTILE SOUND TST429 PLATINUM TRANSDUCERs ??

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-864

Good down to 5 htz. That will rattle their teeth.
    Unfortunately bass lovers like the tone of the bass as well as the tactile feeling of unheard signals. Tactile transducers do not produce any tone. They just shake and that doesn't do it for bass heads.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Unfortunately bass lovers like the tone of the bass as well as the tactile feeling of unheard signals. Tactile transducers do not produce any tone. They just shake and that doesn't do it for bass heads.
    So you mean that this part of the add is a lie? "Audible frequency range: 20-17,0000 Hz "

How dare they lie to me like that. Dirty rotton gr@#$%ming son's a %$#@$'s! May they all $%#ing rot with $%#@ on their $%##@@&s!

Not 17Hz.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Not 17Hz.
    I copy and pasted right from PE's site. Here's the rest.

Specifications: *Power handling: 160 watts RMS/400 watts max *Tactile frequency range: 5-800 Hz *Audible frequency range: 20-17,0000 Hz *Impedance: 4 ohms *Transduction force: 6.9 lb-ft/watt *Tactile force peak: 932 lb-ft *Dimensions: 8" dia. x 2.25" H.

The * states "Manufacturer's Specifications (923 kB PDF*) "

I hate Adobe. Can't copy & paste. Here's the link.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/300-864s.pdf

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I copy and pasted right from PE's site. Here's the rest.

Specifications: *Power handling: 160 watts RMS/400 watts max *Tactile frequency range: 5-800 Hz *Audible frequency range: 20-17,0000 Hz *Impedance: 4 ohms *Transduction force: 6.9 lb-ft/watt *Tactile force peak: 932 lb-ft *Dimensions: 8" dia. x 2.25" H.

The * states "Manufacturer's Specifications (923 kB PDF*) "

I hate Adobe. Can't copy & paste. Here's the link.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/300-864s.pdf
    My bad,thought you were saying human hearing. What? What?
    Look & Listen

Sometimes if you can't beat them then join them. Why not get a kickin' system that will blow them away?

Forum Regular
    They live directly below... Hmmmmm...

You could have the your shower drain go mysteriously bad and flood them out. They may not have renter's insurance, that would be the end of it all.

jocko

Forum Regular
    You might try a conversation with your neighbors. When my brother bought his system, he was considerate and asked his next door neighbor to tell him when it was too loud, so my brother could note the volume of the receiver. He now knows when they are home, he can't go any louder than that volume without bothering them. Maybe a nice conversation over a beer or 2 will let you establish the same kind of rapport with your neighbors. If they refuse, you will have to resort to the homeowners association or police. Hope this helps.

Mey
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyguy
    You might try a conversation with your neighbors. When my brother bought his system, he was considerate and asked his next door neighbor to tell him when it was too loud, so my brother could note the volume of the receiver. He now knows when they are home, he can't go any louder than that volume without bothering them. Maybe a nice conversation over a beer or 2 will let you establish the same kind of rapport with your neighbors. If they refuse, you will have to resort to the homeowners association or police. Hope this helps.
    The property manager is sending both the tenants and the unit owner a letter on behalf of the condo board, based on the complaints of two residents. So hopefully that will help.

Previous attempts to ask politely led to the door being slammed in my face.

Mey
    Forum Regular
    Thank you to all for the (legal) suggestions. I included some in my complaint letter to the condo board, and they are sending a warning letter.

I'm not an audiofile, but I'll probably be back at this site in a couple of years when I have to replace my circa 1981 TV. My stereo componets are only 15 years old, so I think they'll last me a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information