Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    AR Newbie Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003

    using pc as music source

    need info on products available to get music files from home PC to
    my reciever/tuner in another room at home.either RF or hardwire ok.
    Just starting w/ highend stuff Denon etc.I have quote to purchase but they say there
    is nothing out there to intergrate the two systems ie: PC and my
    home entertainment center.I wish to use the PC as a "juke box" and
    remotely access and program song lists and so forth

  2. #2
    Forum Regular jeskibuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    I can't seem to remember the name of one of the foremost products in this category, but here's something similar to it that may get you going in the right direction. Reading reviews on one product may direct you to a better product that may be more suitable to your needs.

  3. #3
    Audiophile Wireworm5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Rupert's Land, Canada
    Check out the Creative Audigy 2NX or Extigy external soundcards. Hooks into your USB port. Should be able to find a long enough wire at a computer store. Then you simply connect to your receiver using an optical cable or RCA mini stereo plug adapter.(
    I use an RCA mini jack adapter for my internal soundcard. I could not get the AV receiver to work in multi-channel mode using the optical.
    good luck

  4. #4
    Forum Regular Swerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gaithersburg, MD

    connecting PC to HT

    There are several ways to connect audio from a PC to an HT receiver. I have first hand experience only with the first of these, so I can't comment on the audio quality of the many sound cards that are available. I only suggest them as possibilities. Do a Google search on "PC sound card" and have fun reading about it:

    A quick and easy way is to run an adapter cable from the headphone minijack on your PC (3.5 mm stereo plug) to any 2-channel audio input (RCA jacks) on your reciever. These cables are the same as you would use to attach a portable CD player to a HiFi system. An example: If you need extra length, a mini headphone extension cable might work:

    At somewhat higher cost, you could install a new sound card in your PC that has two RCA audio out jacks. You would connect this to your HT receiver with standard RCA audio cables, the same as with any other 2-channel analog sound source.

    There are also PC sound cards available that allow various multichannel connections between your PC and your receiver. Some have 5.1 to 7.1 analog output jacks, and some have digital auido outputs. Here is one hit I got on the same Google search that may be useful for you:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Online source for Belden 1695A?
    By ejfiii in forum Cables
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 09:53 AM
  2. Source for RCA chassis jacks??
    By piece-it pete in forum The Audio Lab, Tweaks, Mods, DIY
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
  3. 'Sweet Soul Music' singer Conley dies
    By tentoze in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 09:14 AM
  4. Audio tron or Creative Wireless Music??
    By twwesn in forum Digital Domain & Computer Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 10:02 AM
  5. Current Favorite Music
    By MikeG in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts