Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    The thing is, that a lot of what he "knows" to be true, others "know" not to be true.
    And what they "know" not to be true is based on "common" sense or "feelings".
    Mine is based on thousands of magazines and books read over the years,
    and three years of electronics training, which while obsolete is still a lot more than most have.
    Where I get into trouble is when I POST SOMETHING WHICH DOESNT SEEM "RIGHT",
    which is true about a lot of electronics, and science.
    I should stay away from such topics because you will never convince the closed minded
    that their "common" sense is overruled by science and totally nonsense, not commonsense.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Exactly. I calling it knowing alot about nothing.

Which is great coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about ANYTHING
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    I should stay away from such topics because you will never convince the closed minded that their "common" sense is overruled by science and totally nonsense, not commonsense.
    And your not closed minded?

Pot, meet Kettle.

JSE

and three years of electronics training, which while obsolete is still a lot more than most have.
    I should stay away from such topics because you will never convince the closed minded
    that their "common" sense is overruled by science and totally nonsense, not commonsense.
    A lot of what you seem to KNOW is true is based on you reading one article years ago. I see you arguing with people I KNOW, know more about the subject because they WORK in that field every day. Why would anyone believe your knowing over theirs? Are you paying attention at all? Or maybe you were just joking again?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Or maybe you were just joking again?
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Ya know what I mean Vern?

Cool

A lot of what you seem to KNOW is true is based on you reading one article years ago. I see you arguing with people I KNOW, know more about the subject because they WORK in that field every day. Why would anyone believe your knowing over theirs? Are you paying attention at all? Or maybe you were just joking again?
    you are not the one "paying attention".
    Our industry is being packed up and sent overseas, soon this country wont be anything but burger joints from coast to coast.
    And the stuff coming back isnt perfect copies of equipment from our golden age, most is just cheap copies.
    IF THE KNOW-NOTHINGS on this site are typical of people who "work" in the industry that would explain a LOT.
    Indeed, a lot on this site are young boys pretending to be grown ups, at least I hope so,
    because I have applied profiling tech to some of the personalities on this site, and if they arent kids then god help them, because they sure act like them
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Suspended

You're only young once, but you can be immature for life

Indeed, a lot on this site are young boys pretending to be grown ups, at least I hope so,
    because I have applied profiling tech to some of the personalities on this site, and if they arent kids then god help them, because they sure act like them
    If there is ANYONE here who doesn't like me acting like a child, SPEAK UP. I can turn it off just as quickly as I can turn it on.

Ajani
    Our industry is being packed up and sent overseas, soon this country wont be anything but burger joints from coast to coast.
    And the stuff coming back isnt perfect copies of equipment from our golden age, most is just cheap copies.
    IF THE KNOW-NOTHINGS on this site are typical of people who "work" in the industry that would explain a LOT.
    Que? What? Huh?

Golden Age?

Ummm, don't you support computer audio?

Aren't you anti-cassette and turntable?

It just seems so weird to see someone embrace modern tech and yet bemoan the loss of the 'golden age' of amplifiers....

I really doubt that all the amps being made today are inferior to stuff from 40/50 years ago.... that sounds more like nostalgia than reality.....

Suspended
    Is that like a few weeks ago, when you "knew" that it took more wattage to drive a tweeter than a woofer, and, when proven wrong, bailed off the thread...without a word?

Most of us, when proven wrong, will cop to it. Some of us have a real problem with admitting it.

JSE
    Profiling Tech?

Buuuuwaaaahahahahahahahahaahah!!!!!! Pix, you still kill me!

You are one funny dude!

Many on this board are professionals who are acting childish to blow off a little steam. But at least we are just acting.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Profiling Tech?

You are one funny dude!
    Watch out JSE! A bullet from his service revolver... errrr..... Glock could probably reach you.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I hope this profiling tech includes a little standing in front of the mirror and doing a little self examination. Those you accuse of being kids are often less guilty than their accuser.

I have personally never seen a 51 y/o act like a 15 y/o like you do. I respect all of the elder gentlemen here. Most of them are our best contributers, and all of them are very cool. You on the other hand act so poorly, think you know everything and don't, and offend everyone that disagrees with you. You make us not like you.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Neither in my opinion. A troll is someone who intentionally drops a topical bomb, leaves, and expects controversy in the wake. While controversy can certainly be found in posts by either of them, I believe that was not their intention. Unfortunately, SVI is an easy target and doesn't understand why he triggers the kind of responses he gets. MW seems to be Rip Van Winkle incarnate having woken from a forty year sleep and likewise doesn't understand the responses he gets - albeit from a different perspective.
    At first I agreed with this, but more and more as I read Melvin's posts I'm becoming convinced that his statements are intended to be contraversial....

SVI is probably just what he appears to be (slow), but I think Melvin is 100% Troll (he may well be a former audiophile, radio host and whatever else he claims to be... but I think his intentions are solely to stir up trouble)....

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    I have applied profiling tech to some of the personalities on this site, and if they arent kids then god help them, because they sure act like them
    Stay tuned tommorow on CSI:AR when Pix tries to figure out if the perp was killed by irony?
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Stay tuned tommorow on CSI:AR when Pix tries to figure out if the perp was killed by irony?
    What a way to go.

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    And the stuff coming back isn't perfect copies of equipment from our golden age, most is just cheap copies.

As I look around my room, I think Pixelthis might be right.

I see Newform Tweeters made in Canada, Seas Woofers made in Norway, System Audios made in Denmark, Yamaha, Panasonic, & Samsung made in Japan, Behringer made in Germany, and B&W made in England. Oh, and my upgrade parts for my Behringer came from France.

Of course I have token American products, Magnepan from Minnisota and HSU from California.

Before my present system, I had Quad, Levinson, Rotel, and Marantz. (England, U.S., and Japan respectively)

Let's see, back in the 70's (my god! I am old) My Phase Linear Speakers were made in America, my JVC receiver was made in Japan, my Accutrac turntable was made in England, and my Zenith TV was made in the U.S.. By the way, I also had a Sansui reverb unit...STOP LAUGHING!

And before that, I had Sansui, Sony, and Akai which were all made in Japan.

There was a time I had a system that had Kenwood speakers and only God knows where the rest of it came from.

Lastly there is my computer which came from egghead, where ever that is...

What was the question again?

To be fair, I realize that none of this is considered vintage equipment and my exposure to vintage equipment is rather sparse, but to imply that audio has not progressed in all these years is a stretch.

For me, this is the golden age...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Que? What? Huh?

Golden Age?

Ummm, don't you support computer audio?

Aren't you anti-cassette and turntable?

It just seems so weird to see someone embrace modern tech and yet bemoan the loss of the 'golden age' of amplifiers....

I really doubt that all the amps being made today are inferior to stuff from 40/50 years ago.... that sounds more like nostalgia than reality.....
    dIGITAL BASED audio is the future.

And this is a lot of nostalgia, but a lot of the selling point of vintage gear was that it had class.
    Check out some sometimes.
    They werent better technologically but they were sure built better
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Many on this board are professionals who are acting childish to blow off a little steam. But at least we are just acting.
    you sure about that?
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Profiling Tech?

You are one funny dude!

At least YOU got the joke.
    The only thing I know about "profiles" is when looking at jessica simpson sideways
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I hope this profiling tech includes a little standing in front of the mirror and doing a little self examination. Those you accuse of being kids are often less guilty than their accuser.

I have personally never seen a 51 y/o act like a 15 y/o like you do. I respect all of the elder gentlemen here. Most of them are our best contributers, and all of them are very cool. You on the other hand act so poorly, think you know everything and don't, and offend everyone that disagrees with you. You make us not like you.
    Thats high praise, that a know-nothing like you "doesnt" like me.
    I dont care about anyone disagreeing with my opinions, it does bother me a bit when they disagree with the laws of PHYSICS.
    Some of the clueless on this site are probably trying to get their minds around the fact that the world isnt flat
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    Is that like a few weeks ago, when you "knew" that it took more wattage to drive a tweeter than a woofer, and, when proven wrong, bailed off the thread...without a word?

Most of us, when proven wrong, will cop to it. Some of us have a real problem with admitting it.

"wattage" doesnt drive ANYTHING, its a measurment of work produced.
    And you don't even know THAT.

And I said that the higher the frequencies the more power required, and havent been "proved" wrong yet.
    If you can prove me "wrong" ace, them go collect your Nobel prize, as you will have proved "wrong" just about every texbook on the subject.

I oughta stick to something more on the level of understanding of most on this board.
    Too bad I threw out my third grade schoolbooks years ago
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Thanks, all the vindication I need.

WAIT.

You ARE a kid, so carry on with your idiodicy, you're entitled.
    You'll outgrow a lot of it when you lose your virginity
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    If there is ANYONE here who doesn't like me acting like a child, SPEAK UP. I can turn it off just as quickly as I can turn it on.

Keep it on.

What you get when you turn it off will probably be worse
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

And your not closed minded?

Pot, meet Kettle.

JSE

Yes I admit I am a little "close" minded.
    I beleive stuff like physics, rules of nature, basic electronics arent open to interpetation.
    How terribly 20th century of me!
    How WILL I get by in this relativistic touchy feely new century?
    Hope I didnt confuse you with too many big words, like "electronics" and "like".
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information