Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Yes I admit I am a little "close" minded.
    I beleive stuff like physics, rules of nature, basic electronics arent open to interpetation.
    How terribly 20th century of me!
    How WILL I get by in this relativistic touchy feely new century?
    Hope I didnt confuse you with too many big words, like "electronics" and "like".

yeah, but pixie, you have to admit that you make big mistakes too. Seriously, you don't know everything there is to know about audio, and you seem to ignorant to accept someone else correcting your faults.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Ajani
    dIGITAL BASED audio is the future.

And this is a lot of nostalgia, but a lot of the selling point of vintage gear was that it had class.
    Check out some sometimes.
    They werent better technologically but they were sure built better
    Ok, I get what you're saying now.... That I can agree with... Apart from Brands like Bryston (20 year warranty - amazing), too many companies just don't make products designed to last anymore.... The products perform better, but aren't really intended to be handed down to the next generation....

I respect vintage... wouldn't buy one though, but I appreciate what's gone before...

Suspended
    Same holds true for homebuilding. It just amazes me sometimes what the "reputable" builders are allowed to get away with anymore.

Oh wait... Code enforcers...

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant
    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    you are not the one "paying attention".
    Our industry is being packed up and sent overseas, soon this country wont be anything but burger joints from coast to coast.
    And the stuff coming back isn't perfect copies of equipment from our golden age, most is just cheap copies.

As I look around my room, I think Pixelthis might be right.

I see Newform Tweeters made in Canada, Seas Woofers made in Norway, System Audios made in Denmark, Yamaha, Panasonic, & Samsung made in Japan, Behringer made in Germany, and B&W made in England. Oh, and my upgrade parts for my Behringer came from France.

Of course I have token American products, Magnepan from Minnisota and HSU from California.

Before my present system, I had Quad, Levinson, Rotel, and Marantz. (England, U.S., and Japan respectively)

Let's see, back in the 70's (my god! I am old) My Phase Linear Speakers were made in America, my JVC receiver was made in Japan, my Accutrac turntable was made in England, and my Zenith TV was made in the U.S.. By the way, I also had a Sansui reverb unit...STOP LAUGHING!

And before that, I had Sansui, Sony, and Akai which were all made in Japan.

There was a time I had a system that had Kenwood speakers and only God knows where the rest of it came from.

Lastly there is my computer which came from egghead, where ever that is...

What was the question again?

To be fair, I realize that none of this is considered vintage equipment and my exposure to vintage equipment is rather sparse, but to imply that audio has not progressed in all these years is a stretch.

For me, this is the golden age...
    Pixie often says things that are true. It's just that they are often half truths that don't always have much to do with the subject.

He sure is fun to have around though.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

JSE
    Yes I admit I am a little "close" minded.
    I beleive stuff like physics, rules of nature, basic electronics arent open to interpetation.
    How terribly 20th century of me!
    How WILL I get by in this relativistic touchy feely new century?
    Hope I didnt confuse you with too many big words, like "electronics" and "like".
    Rel------a------ti----------vi-------sti-------c? Hmmmm?

You can believe in anything you want. The question is whether you fully understand what you believe in and in your case, remember correctly. I know this is sounds completely insane but, it is possible that you are "incorrect" about some things. Even if you think or "know" you are right.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Pixie often says things that are true. It's just that they are often half truths that don't always have much to do with the subject.

He sure is fun to have around though.
    As opposed to your comments that don't ever have anything to do with the subject
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

As opposed to your comments that don't ever have anything to do with the subject
    At least I don't claim to be an expert on anything and then support my claim with irrelevant facts or misinformation. Oh, and then argue with people who actually are experts in that field. I love it when you do that. Breaks me up to no end.
    I just joke around to lighten people's day. If you don't like my jokes, I could leave you alone. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.
    sniff sniff.....
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information