Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tape input

  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31

    Tape input

    Hello guys,

    I've bought a pre and a power amp recently yet still looking for a cd player. While I am searching for a good one, I want to use my CD receiver as a temporary CD source. I checked out the back of the CD receiver and found an output with 2 RCA pins called 'TAPE OUT' (there is another one called 'TAPE IN' for you to connect it to a TAPE player and use the CD receiver as an amp). I wonder if I can connect via the TAPE OUT to my pre amp so the CD receiver be used as CD player.

    If I can't do that, would the headphone jack do the job?

    Thank you very much.

    Chris

  2. #2
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959
    What is "CD reciever" ?

    Quote Originally Posted by chris9 View Post
    If I can't do that, would the headphone jack do the job?
    If you mean headphone jack output to pre amp's RCA input, the answer is no. They have different impedance, so not a good match

  3. #3
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    So what about the TAPE OUT RCA plugs on the back of the CD receiver?

    CD receiver: an integrated stereo with CD playback, tuner, and amp function

    Google's result for CD receiver: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...=cd%20receiver

    Thanks
    Chris

  4. #4
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959

    Thanks for clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by chris9 View Post
    So what about the TAPE OUT RCA plugs on the back of the CD receiver?
    You should be OK with that configuration. Audio RCA inputs and outputs are compatible cross all audio components

  5. #5
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    THank you Smokey!

  6. #6
    3db
    3db is offline
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by chris9 View Post
    Hello guys,

    I've bought a pre and a power amp recently yet still looking for a cd player. While I am searching for a good one, I want to use my CD receiver as a temporary CD source. I checked out the back of the CD receiver and found an output with 2 RCA pins called 'TAPE OUT' (there is another one called 'TAPE IN' for you to connect it to a TAPE player and use the CD receiver as an amp). I wonder if I can connect via the TAPE OUT to my pre amp so the CD receiver be used as CD player.

    If I can't do that, would the headphone jack do the job?

    Thank you very much.

    Chris
    Yes this will work.
    The tape out of the CD receiver provides a signal out which would be connected to the input of a cassette machine or in your case, to the input of the pre-amp. The tape in function is an input and is connected to the signal output of a cassette deck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •