Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    This is just a FYI...the PSB may be a tad warm and may not sit well with NAD....talk to BlackRaven about PSB's sound characteristic. HE knows NAD and PSB. They both are on the warm side of things and may make for a boring un-engaging sound that wont pull you in. I dont know if bright cables such as silver cables will help that combination.

Also...check with Parts Express..they have some good cheap stands.

frenchmon
    Everytime I've heard NAD and PSB (all of PSB's prior line - but none of the new lines), it was like a warm cup of milk: perfect for putting me to sleep... Maybe the New Image line is an improvement, but if I had to buy 'blind', then based on my prior experiences I wouldn't...

Suspended
    What if I got the L54 and lent her my Forte, she'd be rockin then.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    What if I got the L54 and lent her my Forte, she'd be rockin then.
    Yep, that combo should work...

Suspended
    Well guys I ended up getting a L54. It gives her an upgrade in DVD as well as all the music options and seemed to be the best bang for my budget. She was surprised to say the least and liked the looks of the unit. I want to order a set of BJC speaker connects and I will set it up for her as soon as I get a chance, hopefully over the next weekend. I guess I will lend her my Fortes for a while. I also have my Dyn 60's but they are pristine, she has a cat with claws..... need i say more. The Fortes are already a bit rough in places and i don't have as much invested in them. Still I don't want them messsed up either. She's using a $30.00 DVD player so the NAD with Progressive Scan using component cables into her HDTV should give some picture improvement. Hopefully the NAD will give her a taste of high fidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Well guys I ended up getting a L54. It gives her an upgrade in DVD as well as all the music options and seemed to be the best bang for my budget. She was surprised to say the least and liked the looks of the unit. I want to order a set of BJC speaker connects and I will set it up for her as soon as I get a chance, hopefully over the next weekend. I guess I will lend her my Fortes for a while. I also have my Dyn 60's but they are pristine, she has a cat with claws..... need i say more. The Fortes are already a bit rough in places and i don't have as much invested in them. Still I don't want them messsed up either. She's using a $30.00 DVD player so the NAD with Progressive Scan using component cables into her HDTV should give some picture improvement. Hopefully the NAD will give her a taste of high fidelity.
    An excellent and practical choice I should say, Mr P.

Forum Regular

Good job Mr. P

The L54 was the right choice and good to know that your mom enjoyed the surprise.

Suspended
    Thanks. I guess Santa may have to bring speakers so I can get mine back

Suspended
    I finally got a chance to go over and put some finishing set ups on my mom's L54 tonight. I had the receiver hooked up but was not getting a picture from the DVD. I used the component output. Come to find out you have to start with the composite, go into the menu and set it to component and Progressive Scan. Now a picture but it's B&W. After troubleshooting I knew it was the TV, I find some how the color was set to zero. I wish I had a set up disc but some tweaking by eye satisfied her.

The reason I drudged this thread back up I was really pleased how well the NAD L54 sounded with the Klipsch Forte. It did turn out to be a nice budget, if you could call it that, system. Those L54's are still around and make a nice starter, especially with the built in CD/DVD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information