Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin walker
    Information is power ! my information has come over 50 years of listening , buying and reading about audio equipment
    I have personally discussed audio with, Avery Fisher . Saul Marantz ,and Rudy Bozak .
    I have traveled to audio shows in Los Angeles where I visited the JBL factory in Culver City and talked to studio engineers who set up many of the audio systems for the motion picture industry. Several of the engineers I talked with set up audio systems for MGM
    musicals. Two of the engineers worked with Fred Astaire at RKO.

I bought my first audio system in 1958 , Stephens speakers , pilot pre-amp and power amp, Lesa turntable , and a autogourse cartridge.
    In the St.louis area as an audiophile Spent many hours at the more than a dozen audio shops now all closed but active from 1958 thru the 1980's.Talking with other audiophiles about audio.

I have seen hundreds of audio companies go out of business. Observed the introduction of stereo , transistors , receivers , digital , CD's etc.
    I have read thousands of audio magazines and audio books. Dating back to the 1950's.
    I have observed live vs recorded sound in St,Louis at Powell Symphony Hall.
    I have visited audio shows in Chicago , Kansas City , St.Louis , Los Angeles and London.

I have talked with men that has devoted their lives to audio. I have never heard an audio engineer or CEO's of any speaker company tell anyone that their speakers needed a break-in period. That may be true with the new speakers that are poorly designed.
    This is an era of video not audio !

I would also like to know where you get your information. By the way I have keep most of my audio magazines , Audio , High Fidelity Magazine , Stereo Review , annual Stereo
    reviews dating back to 1962 !
    Wow! I wonder what your hearing abilities are at your age after all this listening experience.

I don't wonder if all your judgments are based on past experiences and not on what is current.

IOIW, my Mom spent the last years of her life trying to find Manhattan clam chowder that tasted like her mother used to make, always bemoaning the fact that nobody came close. It was sad watching her trying to recapture her precious youth.

"When I think back
    On all the crap I learned in high school
    It's a wonder
    I can think at all
    And though my lack of edu---cation
    Hasn't hurt me none
    I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, Oh yeah
    I got a Nikon camera
    I love to take a photograph
    So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

If you took all the girls I knew
    When I was single
    And brought them all together for one night
    I know they'd never match
    my sweet imagination
    everything looks WORSE in black and white

Kodachrome
    I got a Nikon camera

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away
    Mama don't take my Kodachrome away"

Thanks to Paul Simon
    Last edited by markw; 12-30-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I have to ask MW about speakers needing to be 12 feet apart. I have never heard that a set distance was important as placing speakers in the room so they sound their best. What should those of us do who can not seperate the speakers 12 feet?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

[QUOTE=markw

"When I think back
    It's a wonder
    I can think at all
    Hasn't hurt me none

Kodachrome
    I got a Nikon camera

When I was single
    my sweet imagination

Kodachrome
    I got a Nikon camera

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away"[/QUOTE]

That, dear sir, is superb.

Hope you had a great x-mas.

Peace

"Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I have to ask MW about speakers needing to be 12 feet apart. I have never heard that a set distance was important as placing speakers in the room so they sound their best. What should those of us do who can not seperate the speakers 12 feet?
    I guess, find another hobby. Maybe house building.

Hope all is well your end JM.

Peace

"Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Not everything that is modern is bad, it's called progress. And it's up to us to pick the good stuff and disgard the rubbish. I welcome somebody like Melvin into our little family, but I don't think it is necessary to list all ones experiences over the last 50 years in the first few posts. As there is no way of proving that and by stating that "good speakers" need no break in (does that mean that "bad speakers" do), Melvin somehow lost credibility with me. I think the way things are put are as important. And just because someone is 17 or 27 or 37 etc does not make their contributions less valuable, and one should not presume that because somebody is of young age that they know nothing or don't read or visit audio shows or showrooms. Or most importantly, can't use their ears and judgement. What makes you Melvin, think your point is the only valuable or correct one ?

Just my 2ct.

Peace

I never said everything that is modern is bad . Today there is a lot of junk out there called speakers. Contributions has nothing to do with information. Youth has it's limitations , especially today. I will ask again what audio shows have you visited. One has to be exposed are how can one make an informed decision.

I have never said in any of my post that my point of view is the only point of view. I have presented a counterpoint.
    We as consumers are aware that Ferrari is the best sports car , or that Patek Philippe is the finest watch and a few of us are aware that Kiton makes the finest men of the rack suits.
    To purchase these items takes money and information. Not so with audio , most people own some kind of audio system. Generally not a very good one. The only difference is that those that own a poor audio system is not aware of it. Who would argue that a Ferrari is not superior to a Corvette ? are that a Rolex is not equal in quality to a Patek Philippe
    Very few.
    In audio we have those debates. The problem is that most young audio buffs has never heard a really good sounding audio system. Never attended a concert in an excellent concert hall. Are listen to a live vs recorded demonstration.
    That is my counterpoint.

I would very much enjoy reading about your audio experiences. You remain me of many
    young men when they discuss basketball , their knowledge of basketball extends only back to Michael Jordan. Or when I hear most young people discuss history and they tell me the reason they don't know is they were not born than.

is audio any different ? How many audio books does the average so-called audiophile read today ? How many audio shows has that audio buff attended ? I have found on this forum many of you has never heard of Electro-Voice , a company that was a pioneer in amps as well as speakers. But I am not surprised . Surveys have revealed that most young Americans thought Japan fought on the side of America in World War Two !!

When I visit an audio showroom not Best Buy or stores in which the salesman doesn't know a tweeter from a hookworm , I am appalled at the lack of knowledge that the average audio salesperson knows about the products he or she sells.
    Times have changed.

I'm sorry, I'm just 17.
    does that mean I can't be an audiophile before I'm like 60 or so? I visit more than enough hifi shows every year, I read alot of audio books, and learn alot on the internet (on forums, like these), and listen to various systems. My audio dealer happens to be an audiophile, and has knowledge enough. I learn alot there too, as well as hearing systems there too, I speak to many other audiophiles, both young and old.

And do I know EV? yes, I happen to know EV pretty well.
    and guess why it's not often mentioned here on AR, well let me give you a hint.
    visit their site:
    http://www.electrovoice.com

they were a audio pioneer, unfortunately, they only build PA gear today, to entertain the kids who don't care about audio.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

The problem is that most young audio buffs has never heard a really good sounding audio system. Never attended a concert in an excellent concert hall. Are listen to a live vs recorded demonstration.
    That is my counterpoint.

as it happens, I did.

I heard systems no vintage system could even touch.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Suspended
    Information is power ! my information has come over 50 years of listening , buying and reading about audio equipment
    I have personally discussed audio with, Avery Fisher . Saul Marantz ,and Rudy Bozak .
    I have traveled to audio shows in Los Angeles where I visited the JBL factory in Culver City and talked to studio engineers who set up many of the audio systems for the motion picture industry. Several of the engineers I talked with set up audio systems for MGM
    musicals. Two of the engineers worked with Fred Astaire at RKO.

I bought my first audio system in 1958 , Stephens speakers , pilot pre-amp and power amp, Lesa turntable , and a autogourse cartridge.
    In the St.louis area as an audiophile Spent many hours at the more than a dozen audio shops now all closed but active from 1958 thru the 1980's.Talking with other audiophiles about audio.

I have seen hundreds of audio companies go out of business. Observed the introduction of stereo , transistors , receivers , digital , CD's etc.
    I have read thousands of audio magazines and audio books. Dating back to the 1950's.
    I have observed live vs recorded sound in St,Louis at Powell Symphony Hall.
    I have visited audio shows in Chicago , Kansas City , St.Louis , Los Angeles and London.

I have talked with men that has devoted their lives to audio. I have never heard an audio engineer or CEO's of any speaker company tell anyone that their speakers needed a break-in period. That may be true with the new speakers that are poorly designed.
    This is an era of video not audio !

I would also like to know where you get your information. By the way I have keep most of my audio magazines , Audio , High Fidelity Magazine , Stereo Review , annual Stereo
    reviews dating back to 1962 !
    When I was 13 I begged my parents to buy me a Heathkit so I could build my first amp, and thus thrust me into eventual Audiophile status. Sadly they couldn't afford it so I ended up with a Radio Shack 10 in 1 kit.

seeking solace in music
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    PS: Slippers just curious do you not see that Basite or Bert sorry has the list of his rig as a signiture to his posts? Why then would you ask what type of speakers he has?

AA, can't see the wood for the trees......sorry if any of my posts may have sounded offensive yesterday, I reckon I had a little too much Christmas spirit and got a little pi**ed off

New Christmas Slippers On
    In the music world Impetuosity is not just a youthful trait; I'll explain if you type slowly.

Tony- I'm tuning in kind of late here but can confirm that comments by AA and Feanor are correct. The size of the triangle will depend on the dimensions of your room as you shouldn't want to get to close to boundaries. How about posting the length and width dimensions of your room (in feet, if you don't mind) for more relevant help particular to your room. Thanks. I can tell you that you don't want bulky cabinetry or objects (save for your chair, perhaps) in the space around your seat and your stage. Anywhere in the room is my recommendation, if possible. Use open legged tables instead.
    designer/manufacturer of custom made time and phase correcting real wool surrounds

Quote Originally Posted by tony340
    What exactly is the minimum distance between speakers tweeter to tweeter??? And also whats the minimum distance between the speaker and the wall???
    There is no one answer, only recommended starting points as there are too many variables. Only experimentation can ultimately answer that question. The lateral spacing does, however, have a great effect upon imaging. Set too far apart, there will be a lack of sufficient center fill. Close proximity to walls has a negative effect as wall reflections will confuse the image. I put fake ficus trees at the first reflection points for diffusion. Set too closely together, the apparent image width will be compromised. Distance to back wall affects frequency response as well. I found the Cardas method a good place to start. It takes into consideration the dimensions of the room to locate the optimum position. As others have suggested, height also be important for speakers of that type. Do you have any stands?

Quote Originally Posted by tony340
    Plus i'm not entirely sure about this breaking in period...
    My experience is that modern speakers do go through such a period, but I wouldn't obsess over it. Just play them normally. It only comes into play if you are trying to do comparisons where they may not yet be operating optimally.

rw

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers On
    AA, can't see the wood for the trees......sorry if any of my posts may have sounded offensive yesterday, I reckon I had a little too much Christmas spirit and got a little pi**ed off

New Christmas Slippers On
    I didn't feel offended in any way i just thought some of the questions in your posts were a bit strange/answers were obvious. That's why I asked

Keep those slippers on

Suspended

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    I'm sorry, I'm just 17.
    does that mean I can't be an audiophile before I'm like 60 or so? I visit more than enough hifi shows every year, I read alot of audio books, and learn alot on the internet (on forums, like these), and listen to various systems. My audio dealer happens to be an audiophile, and has knowledge enough. I learn alot there too, as well as hearing systems there too, I speak to many other audiophiles, both young and old.

And do I know EV? yes, I happen to know EV pretty well.
    and guess why it's not often mentioned here on AR, well let me give you a hint.
    visit their site:
    http://www.electrovoice.com

they were a audio pioneer, unfortunately, they only build PA gear today, to entertain the kids who don't care about audio.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Have you ever listened to an Electro-Voice Patrician or Cardinal speaker system ?
    Have you ever listened to Electro-Voice electronics ? How about a Jensen Imperial
    speaker system ? Maybe a Pair of Tannoy Churchill speakers. ?

One think we must remember is that speakers move air ! simple physics. A speakers job is to fool the ear , so that a piece of audio gear will sound like a Steinway piano.
    How well it succeeds is based on how well it is constructed.

Audio geeks are in most cases no more successful in fooling the ear than audio engineers
    were 40 years ago. If there is a difference it would in my opinion be that today we have fewer experiences , because experiences cost more money.
    Example McIntosh at one time held clients in every major city , not today , to expensive.
    It helped a lot of audiophiles meet the engineers , and technical people from McIntosh an have their audio equipment tested by Mac technicians,
    Times have changed.

Suspended

Question

as it happens, I did.

I heard systems no vintage system could even touch.
    What vintage systems have you heard. Was there an A-B test. Which vintage speakers , amps , TT , arms cartriges , tape decks , and tone arms have you listened to ?

Suspended

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    I guess, find another hobby. Maybe house building.

Hope all is well your end JM.

Peace

The speakers are placed 12 feet apart to create an excellent natural stereo image.
    The better the speakers are engineered the better the image.
    Large speakers 5 feet or taller do a better job because of the listening height.
    If you will note when sitting at a concert the sound level is at listening height.

I am not referring to a rock concert , but a classical or jazz concert.
    Speakers less than 5 feet tall can do the job , but they are a compromise.
    The problem of course is cost.

Suspended

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Wow! I wonder what your hearing abilities are at your age after all this listening experience.

I don't wonder if all your judgments are based on past experiences and not on what is current.

IOIW, my Mom spent the last years of her life trying to find Manhattan clam chowder that tasted like her mother used to make, always bemoaning the fact that nobody came close. It was sad watching her trying to recapture her precious youth.

"When I think back
    It's a wonder
    I can think at all
    Hasn't hurt me none

Kodachrome
    I got a Nikon camera

When I was single
    my sweet imagination

Kodachrome
    I got a Nikon camera

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away"

Thanks to Paul Simon
    As one ages it is natural for them to not hear as well. Women can hear better than men , especially at higher frequencies. What bothers me is the short cuts that manufactures take today in building audio equipment. Mainly I think because we have a less informed public.

There are excellent audio systems , they are just very expensive. There are excellent cars , again very expensive. A pair of good Italian shoes today cost over $450.00.
    and a good suit over $1000.00. The same is true of audio.
    Labor and materials has increased in price on most goods and services. That has caused a decline in quality for most affordable items.
    We as a result have lower expectations. We except poorer customer services , and poorer quality in things we buy.
    That is the times.

One has to define a point of diminishing returns.

As one ages it is natural for them to not hear as well. Women can hear better than men , especially at higher frequencies. What bothers me is the short cuts that manufactures take today in building audio equipment. Mainly I think because we have a less informed public.

There are excellent audio systems , they are just very expensive. There are excellent cars , again very expensive. A pair of good Italian shoes today cost over $450.00.
    and a good suit over $1000.00. The same is true of audio.
    Labor and materials has increased in price on most goods and services. That has caused a decline in quality for most affordable items.
    We as a result have lower expectations. We except poorer customer services , and poorer quality in things we buy.
    That is the times.
    Perhaps it's because your listeing skills were at their peak when records and RTR tape were in their early days, and their high end was limited, is the reason that modern equipment, with it's more extended high end, doesn't seem to float your boat. That's a subjective decison you are trying to claim is an objective one.

You really shouldn't try to make your preference a gold standard for everyone else to live by yet you seem to take pride in looking down your nose at everyone who doesn't see your way..

Not everyone wants or needs $1000 suits of $450 Italian shoes, not to mention mega-buck watches which don't keep time as accurately as a Wal-Mart Timex. Actually, jeans and sport jackets are worn by some of the most watched and liiked up to people in the world.

To imply people must overspend to impress you, or others like you, is judging others by standards you apply to yourself, perhaps to justify your own self-worth or ego. Remember, not everyone needs to overspend simply to impress others to feel good about themselves and by thinking they should do it to impress others like you merely points to your own overstimation of yoiur real worth in this world.

As for changing times and quality. well. my first real stereo was a 6 wpc Lafayette LA-224a tube amplifier, for which I saved in Junior High school. It cost $59.95 and couldn't drive my Wharfedale 40 C's.

That $60 amplifier in 1965 would be about the equivalent of about $380 in today's dollars and that will buy a NAD, Cambridge or similar audio, not junk as you would have us believe. Any of these will handily outperform That Marantz 7C/8B combo of which you are so fond.

Today, I can go to Circuit City and for about $90 or so come out with a stereo receiver that will undoubtedly outperform that little amplifier.

As you see, today we have choices that didnt exist in the old days.

Here's a surprise for you. I have a Marantz 7c and 8, not to mention a Fisher FM-100b and, while they are nice pieces of vintage gear and fun to play with, they don't hold a candle to modern, moderately priced gear, They mate well with those Wharfedales and, as long as the choice of source material is carefully chosen, that combination can produce a nice sound but it can easily be outperformed by more modest modern gear unless you prefer a dark, muddied sound to begin with.

Old cars are nice, too, but most can't keep up with modern cars in today's real world, particularly as far as braking and tire construction is concerned.

You are living in the past and can't admit that tremendous advances have been made.

But, since you've been pontificating on how great things were and how sad things are today and how nobody here knows anything, here's some questions for you.

What are you runnng today?

What's a "good", reasonably priced, modern system in your eyes?

Remember, not everyone has your tastes and they may well be wider and more varied.
    Last edited by markw; 12-30-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Have you ever listened to an Electro-Voice Patrician or Cardinal speaker system ?
    Have you ever listened to Electro-Voice electronics ? How about a Jensen Imperial
    speaker system ? Maybe a Pair of Tannoy Churchill speakers. ?

One think we must remember is that speakers move air ! simple physics. A speakers job is to fool the ear , so that a piece of audio gear will sound like a Steinway piano.
    How well it succeeds is based on how well it is constructed.

Audio geeks are in most cases no more successful in fooling the ear than audio engineers
    were 40 years ago. If there is a difference it would in my opinion be that today we have fewer experiences , because experiences cost more money.
    Example McIntosh at one time held clients in every major city , not today , to expensive.
    It helped a lot of audiophiles meet the engineers , and technical people from McIntosh an have their audio equipment tested by Mac technicians,
    Times have changed.

I heard the tannoys...

let me ask you the same question:
    Have you ever heard Wilson Maxx speakers, or Avalon Isis, or Avalon Eidilon Diamond? Or B&W 802's, Or Von Scheikert VR-9's or even VR-4 se's? Mcintosh XTR2k's? Magnepan 3.6's, Martin Logan Summits? apogees? Verity Audio speakers?

have you? probably not. I did.

I know exactly what speakers do, don't try to explain that to me. I also know they happen to do a better job fooling our ears than they did 50 years ago.

have you actually checked the link to EV's website? if you did, you probably understood my point: EV is no more what it used to be, all it does today is building crappy PA speakers.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Suspended

Thumbs down

Perhaps it's because your listeing skills were at their peak when records and RTR tape were in their early days, and their high end was limited, is the reason that modern equipment, with it's more extended high end, doesn't seem to float your boat. That's a subjective decison you are trying to claim is an objective one.

You really shouldn't try to make your preference a gold standard for everyone else to live by yet you seem to take pride in looking down your nose at everyone who doesn't see your way..

Not everyone wants or needs $1000 suits of $450 Italian shoes, not to mention mega-buck watches which don't keep time as accurately as a Wal-Mart Timex. Actually, jeans and sport jackets are worn by some of the most watched and liiked up to people in the world.

To imply people must overspend to impress you, or others like you, is judging others by standards you apply to yourself, perhaps to justify your own self-worth or ego. Remember, not everyone needs to overspend simply to impress others to feel good about themselves and by thinking they should do it to impress others like you merely points to your own overstimation of yoiur real worth in this world.

As for changing times and quality. well. my first real stereo was a 6 wpc Lafayette LA-224a tube amplifier, for which I saved in Junior High school. It cost $59.95 and couldn't drive my Wharfedale 40 C's.

That $60 amplifier in 1965 would be about the equivalent of about $380 in today's dollars and that will buy a NAD, Cambridge or similar audio, not junk as you would have us believe. Any of these will handily outperform That Marantz 7C/8B combo of which you are so fond.

Today, I can go to Circuit City and for about $90 or so come out with a stereo receiver that will undoubtedly outperform that little amplifier.

As you see, today we have choices that didnt exist in the old days.

Here's a surprise for you. I have a Marantz 7c and 8, not to mention a Fisher FM-100b and, while they are nice pieces of vintage gear and fun to play with, they don't hold a candle to modern, moderately priced gear, They mate well with those Wharfedales and, as long as the choice of source material is carefully chosen, that combination can produce a nice sound but it can easily be outperformed by more modest modern gear unless you prefer a dark, muddied sound to begin with.

Old cars are nice, too, but most can't keep up with modern cars in today's real world, particularly as far as braking and tire construction is concerned.

You are living in the past and can't admit that tremendous advances have been made.

But, since you've been pontificating on how great things were and how sad things are today and how nobody here knows anything, here's some questions for you.

What are you runnng today?

What's a "good", reasonably priced, modern system in your eyes?

Remember, not everyone has your tastes and they may well be wider and more varied.
    Your analysis of me is a bore. If you have a counterpoint present it. The issue is audio , or have you forgotten that. I have my examples , what are yours ?
    The issues on this site is audio , opinions , comparison etc. Not unqualified personal analysis.

If you wish to compare an amp or speaker built pre 1970's , that is what this forum is about. If you think audio equipment is superior to the audio equipment of the 70's I agree.
    There is a market for $2000,00 suits and $10,000 watches , they may not be for you.
    The issue here is not to impress me but offer your opinions regarding audio.
    I think this website is called AudioReview.

The issue is audio , or have you forgotten that. I have my examples , what are yours ? The issues on this site is audio , opinions , comparison etc. Not unqualified personal analysis... The issue here is not to impress me but offer your opinions regarding audio.
    Perhaps you are unaware of the way your posts come across. They speak as though your absolute standards "The speaker cabinets should be 12 feet apart." are to be accepted as gospel.

rw

Your analysis of me is a bore. If you have a counterpoint present it. The issue is audio , or have you forgotten that. I have my examples , what are yours ?
    The issues on this site is audio , opinions , comparison etc. Not unqualified personal analysis.

yeah, the issue is audio

Who started about watches and clothes and stuff like that eh?

I believe it was you, Melvin.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

If you wish to compare an amp or speaker built pre 1970's , that is what this forum is about. If you think audio equipment is superior to the audio equipment of the 70's I agree.
    There is a market for $2000,00 suits and $10,000 watches , they may not be for you.
    The issue here is not to impress me but offer your opinions regarding audio.

I think what is troubling is you state things as though they are fact when they are just your experiences and opinions. As far as watches I would rather have a Blancain Tourbillon.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Your analysis of me is a bore.
    Perhaps, but it's spot on.

If you have a counterpoint present it.
    Counterpoint to what? My post was a counterpoint to all the pompous strutting you've been doing here lately.

The issue is audio, or have you forgotten that. I have my examples , what are yours ?
    WTF??? 'What examples do you want? You want me to read some old magazines and drop names like you do? Sorry, I post what I can verify as true.

Hey. you're the one that keeps bringing up $100 dollar suits, $450 Italian shoes and how the combination of sport coats and jeans repulse you, not us. Again, I merely responded to the subject matter you dragged into your posts to muddy the waters. Deal with it.

If you wish to compare an amp or speaker built pre 1970's , that is what this forum is about.
    I believe I did that. Did you forget that already? If you will note, out ofthe two of us, I'm the only one that bothered to make a direct comparison between several pieces of gear I own (or owned. The LA-2241 is long gone)). You.OTOH, are just spouting off more drivel that anyone can find on the internet and drop historical names like you're audio's answer to Forrest Gump, another fictional character.

If you think audio equipment is superior to the audio equipment of the 70's I agree.
    Note bolded test. Exactly what audio equipment are you referring to? Be specific now...

There is a market for $2000,00 suits and $10,000 watches , they may not be for you. The issue here is not to impress me but offer your opinions regarding audio.
    I'm not worried about impressing you at all.. And, believe me, you surely impressed me (and a few others here), but not in the manner you would have liked.

I think this website is called AudioReview.[/QUOTE]Then why all the talk about overpriced suits, shoes, cars and watches if not to give you an opportunity to make others feel inferior?

Perhaps it's not just your ears that no longer function but, take heart. Viagra and Cialis can work wonders I hear, but I recommend you find a partner that can tolerate your BS first. Your arms might be out of shape, too.

TTFN, old man. Time for your meds.

P.S.. I see you still didn't answer the two simple questions I posed. If you weren't BSing us all along, that first one should have bween a no--brainer.

Suspended
    yeah, the issue is audio

Who started about watches and clothes and stuff like that eh?

I believe it was you, Melvin.
    Those sir was comparsions , examples.

Suspended

Angry

Perhaps, but it's spot on.

Counterpoint to what? My post was a counterpoint to all the pompous strutting you've been doing here lately.

WTF??? 'What examples do you want? You want me to read some old magazines and drop names like you do? Sorry, I post what I can verify as true.

Hey. you're the one that keeps bringing up $100 dollar suits, $450 Italian shoes and how the combination of sport coats and jeans repulse you, not us. Again, I merely responded to the subject matter you dragged into your posts to muddy the waters. Deal with it.

I believe I did that. Did you forget that already? If you will note, out ofthe two of us, I'm the only one that bothered to make a direct comparison between several pieces of gear I own (or owned. The LA-2241 is long gone)). You.OTOH, are just spouting off more drivel that anyone can find on the internet and drop historical names like you're audio's answer to Forrest Gump, another fictional character.

Note bolded test. Exactly what audio equipment are you referring to? Be specific now...

I'm not worried about impressing you at all.. And, believe me, you surely impressed me (and a few others here), but not in the manner you would have liked.

Then why all the talk about overpriced suits, shoes, cars and watches if not to give you an opportunity to make others feel inferior?

Perhaps it's not just your ears that no longer function but, take heart. Viagra and Cialis can work wonders I hear, but I recommend you find a partner that can tolerate your BS first. Your arms might be out of shape, too.

TTFN, old man. Time for your meds.[/QUOTE]

You appear to have a problem discussing audio ! The issue is audio , to agree to disagree.
    I have no interest in your opinion of me. Can't you understand that.
    This is an excellent website , try and stick to audio.
    Cars and clothing was my examples. They were used to support my position.
    If you disagree with my opinions as it regards to "AUDIO" than counter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information