Forum Regular

Onkyo SP504 and SP1000 need advice

Hi everyone, I'm new in the community.

For those who are familiar or have used either or both products, is there a significant benefit moving from the SP504 to SP1000 if my primary goal is hi-res audio, mostly SACD playback? Both units sport the same 192/24 audio DAC but of different make, Cirrus Logic vs Wolfson. The overall build quality of the SP1000 is superior but do you think there's a significant difference in audio performance to justify the cost difference? I'm using the A-9555 as int amp.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and opinion.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Welcome to AudioReview. First let me say nice choice in the A-9555 int. amp. Secondly I have no advice on the Onkyo models you listed, just wanted to welcome you. I will say I am very pleased with my Marantz SA 8001. Members with more helpful advice should be along.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Many find the Wolfson to be a significant upgrade but remember that will also be dependent on your associated equipment and room...so mebbe, mebbe not, eh.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Forum Regular
    Thank you John Michael and bobsticks.

Thread Information