Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I just received an e-mail from Rocco the Music Direct manager. Still trying to argue the point of the ad. Why continue to argue when he has already lost my business.
    It again cost them more than $7 to take time to email you. You should bring up the fact in any response that they have already spent about $30 to tell you that they would not waive the $6.95 shipping.

How friggin stupid can people get?

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    It again cost them more than $7 to take time to email you. You should bring up the fact in any response that they have already spent about $30 to tell you that they would not waive the $6.95 shipping.

How friggin stupid can people get?
    There is no limit to stupidity....

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Yes Music Direct redeemed themselves in my eyes. They are still very much customer focused and were apologetic that I had so much frustration in placing an order. They are going to give me the discount and free shipping. They do want my business and as I explained I do not have too many audio stores in an hours drive to purchase equipment. He spent a fair amount of time talking with me about audio and what is happening at Music Direct. The call and concern seemed genuine about retaining me as a customer. So I will continue to shop at Music Direct and trust this was a one time fluke.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Ajani
    Yes Music Direct redeemed themselves in my eyes. They are still very much customer focused and were apologetic that I had so much frustration in placing an order. They are going to give me the discount and free shipping. They do want my business and as I explained I do not have too many audio stores in an hours drive to purchase equipment. He spent a fair amount of time talking with me about audio and what is happening at Music Direct. The call and concern seemed genuine about retaining me as a customer. So I will continue to shop at Music Direct and trust this was a one time fluke.
    That's great to hear...

Hopefully they have enough sense to realize the bad publicity among audiophiles(their customer base) when they engage in dishonest business tactics...

Maybe he saw the thread on this website or maybe he just came to his senses based on the number of complaints... but either way I hope they've learned their lesson...

And it does make your life easier, since now you won't have to find another source for purchasing equipment online...

Glad to hear it.

Forum Regular

Good for you!!

Good to know that things worked out for you and MD.

LeRoy

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Glad they made the right choice for you JM...but man, if you didn't show some patience and perseverance, I can't help but think they'd have lost you for good.

Suspended
    JM, what prompted them to call you? Did you email them or take any other action after the manager told you no, or did they just call out of the blue?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    JM, what prompted them to call you? Did you email them or take any other action after the manager told you no, or did they just call out of the blue?

The Director of Sales and Marketing saw the paper trail of exchanged e-mails and contacted me. He was upset that it had gone as far as it had. We did have a chuckle over my sending the Needle Doctor ad so they would understand how to write a clear ad. Then he mentioned he felt the ad might be confusing when he created it. Did not mean to insult the man.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

But, I do have to wonder if they made good for any others who might have fallen for the bait and didn't make a public issue of it?

Good for you!!!

Now THAT'S how a company is supposed to act when dealing with and unhappy PAYING customer!!! Outfrigginstanding. The power of the purse IS the ultimate power and I'm glad they realized it. Good on ya mate, you've made things better for ALL of us.

Worf

Glad to hear.

Sometimes dealing with a smaller company things actually change.

Congrats to MD and JM for working it out.

I changed the title after a call from Music Direct. What happened to me I was assured is not how they want to do business. They are going to take care of what I felt the ad was offering and admitted it was confusing. I will be getting the discount and free shipping. They did not want to lose a customer who has been shopping with them since 2002. Of course he said he did not want to lose even a first time customer. I feel much better about purchasing from Music Direct and I want to let others know they are still working to be customer focused.
    Nice to know they have a conscience...and that you the customer is always right when you deal in honesty. Congrats MJ.

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information