Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Charm Thai™
    Hit the nail on the head there Raven

AR Newbie Registered Member

Sure did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060 View Post
    Hit the nail on the head there Raven
    Sure did!!! Cut out the middle man who doesn't have anything in stock and can't do warranty work on a product with a five year warranty.

Good luck trashing the Emotiva brand, especially the xpa's and xpr's, great amps and no doubt about it.

I wonder if the OP is still done with Emo after they repaired his plate amp under warranty. Was he still whining after that? I don't remember. Is he done?

ATJ

Suspended
    Yes, I'm still done with Emotiva and if you didn't have your head in the sand you'd realize they have an on going quality control issue and any money saved would soon be eaten up in shipping and monkeying around with the stuff. I have to wonder if some of you aren't Emo employees as it seems most audio websites have a Emo fanboy designated to push the stuff and distort the truth.

You know this reminds me of a friend of mine that owned a jaguar back a few years ago. He loved driving the car and it performed well but he complained because it seemed every month it was in the shop for a repair. he finally after a year gave up and traded it off for a something else with better reliability.

the point I am getting at here is that I am not going to say that their gear does not sound good and I know their amps are very powerful and good for the money but after hearing all these people having issues with their Emo gear it would seem that there quality control policies are not up to par. Their gear can be the best sounding thing around in the price class and above but people will eventually tire of the reliability issues since they seem to be wide spread. There is no excuse for power supplies to blow in solid state electronics that quickly. I still have a Yamaha receiver from the mid 90's in my garage that has never had an issue and it is out is a garage with no climate control!! I would say to the people still defending them that if you have not had issues with Emotiva than that is fine but you cannot deny the obvious that the reliability issues are very wide spread, Not a good QC policy.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Suspended
    My Odyssey Straotos has worked flawless for over 15 years. My invoice is lacking a date so I think it is closer to 20. The one thing that went in all these years is the LED behind the glass panel.

Some of the best $1300 I spent on audio gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    My Odyssey Straotos has worked flawless for over 15 years. My invoice is lacking a date so I think it is closer to 20. The one thing that went in all these years is the LED behind the glass panel.

Some of the best $1300 I spent on audio gear.
    yeah I have some brands that have been that way for me as well. I have a Adcom 545 series II that I bought brand new in 95 that still works flawlessly and now powers my rear speakers in my system. I used it as my main amp for years before getting my Pass. I see emotive as some good looking gear but I think their prices being lower than most of the competition lets you know where they save their money in manufacturing the pieces, in the QC. Real good QC from a manufacturer whether it is them making it or a company in China making the products for them it is expensive for good quality control. I doubt that they would be able to sell their products for the prices they do if they had a quality control f setup like Pass labs or Dynaudio. Even though they still have a following the quality issues will start to effect their popularity at some point. It happens with every company with quality issues. you have to have people buy your products when you start as a company, but you must make a good enough product for those people to come back for more and tell there friends to buy them. that's what keeps a company going!!

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information