Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Aaarrrgh... I did it, I cancelled my order and put myself on the waiting list for the PS Audio PWD, instead. It's just too sexy [of; sic] a DAC. I don't even know what that sucker is going to cost....
    'Flier, you high roller you. Do I understand you aren't going for the transport too? As I understand you really need both to get full advantage.

nightflier

Aaarrgghh!!!!

I just heard that the pricing (introductory pricing, that is) will be set at $3K per unit. Oh, that's going to hurt big time. So yeah, PWD only for now. I don't even have $3K to spend on it, so either I sell some stuff or change my order back.

Paul's going to get a piece of my mind on this nonsense. It's not like we're in the middle of the the 2006 lala land economy, here.

Man, I don't even know how to set up a music server, but that friggin' video on the PWD sure makes we want to learn how! The thought of having all of my music on a hard drive, with cover art and titles, and then controlling it through my iTouch has got my head spinning!

Tell us how much the PWD is going to be, because that thing is bad a$$.

nightflier
    So it was confirmed. Introductory pricing on the PWD is $2999.99 and the PWT is also $2999.99. And these could get higher, although I really wonder about the price-point of this new technology - for all it's innovative features, that's still $6K just to play CDs.

You don't need both, right? Besides, you'll probably replace your preamp and cdp with the PWD, buy a hardrive (or use an old computer lying about) and be done with it.

Suspended
    My T+A cost $3k and they have one with the music server features at $4 or $4.5k. To order call Duane at Music For Pleasure 314-961-4757. I can't say for the PSA but the CD Player is incredible. I'd like to see T+A gain some market they have some great sounding gear.

Look at the "Music Player". I have "CD Player" innovative names, ay

http://www.taelektroakustik.de/eng/index.htm

nightflier
    T+A isn't much of a household name and that's unfortunate because they do seem to have some interesting gear. Hmmmm, maybe the name has something to do with it?

By the way, I put myself back on the Music Hall waiting list. I guess I'll have to settle for it, then, LOL.

LDB, you'll probably get yours before I do (since I'm at the bottom of the list now). 'Would love to read what your impressions are. I presume you'll go balanced all around?

............. I guess I'll have to settle for it, then, LOL.

LDB, you'll probably get yours before I do (since I'm at the bottom of the list now). 'Would love to read what your impressions are. I presume you'll go balanced all around?
    Settle? Settle? Humph!!! This is an upgrade for me and should balance my system pretty well.

The three things that sold me on this was multiple inputs, Tubed and BALANCED so ya I'll connect with XLR (Canare/Nuetriks on order from BJC). They should be shipping to the retailers next week so I'm hoping to see mine a week or so later (I guess I'm the first confirmed order). I'll let you know when it arrives but it's going to take a week or two to really do a proper evaluation .

Cheers
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    It's T "+" A, not T "&" A.

If anyone gets impatient I still have my Audio Note 1.1x I'd sell for close to half retail. I've been enjoying it in my second system but still have my CJ I can fall back on.

nightflier
    T&A goes together better, doesn't it?

Suspended
    On one hand the name could use some rethinking for marketing but on the other using T&A to sell T+A could be interesting.

Aaarrrgh... I did it, I cancelled my order and put myself on the waiting list for the PS Audio PWD, instead. It's just too sexy of a DAC. I don't even know what that sucker is going to cost....
    Y'all have to much money to spend. Feel free to send some my way

Suspended
    T+A isn't much of a household name and that's unfortunate because they do seem to have some interesting gear. Hmmmm, maybe the name has something to do with it?

By the way, I put myself back on the Music Hall waiting list. I guess I'll have to settle for it, then, LOL.

I have a pair of T+A P-30 3-way speakers. They're a great looking, great sounding speaker. It was always a bit embarassing talking about them, especially to other guys. You can never start the discuusion without a snicker and explaining T+A stands for Theory and Application. They're performing rear-channel duty for my Legacy Focus/Silver Screen front-end. Every so often I'll listen to them in my 2-channel system. T+A has great hardware. They should be better known.

Ajani
    I just heard that the pricing (introductory pricing, that is) will be set at $3K per unit. Oh, that's going to hurt big time. So yeah, PWD only for now. I don't even have $3K to spend on it, so either I sell some stuff or change my order back.

Paul's going to get a piece of my mind on this nonsense. It's not like we're in the middle of the the 2006 lala land economy, here.

Yep... I've been following the PWD and PWT for months now... but the final price is way too steep IMO... the PWD can be turned into a wireless streaming DAC (like the Slim Devices Transporter) for an additional $500 (wireless bridge)...

So $3.5K to do what the Slim Devices Transporter does for $2K (but with a much cooler user interface and possibly better sound)... or what my Squeezebox & Benchmark combo does for $1.3K...

nightflier

I hear that....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    On one hand the name could use some rethinking for marketing but on the other using T&A to sell T+A could be interesting.
    ...Pamela Anderson (or whatever her name is now) is looking for work.

nightflier

Benchmark vs. Music Hall?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Yep... I've been following the PWD and PWT for months now... but the final price is way too steep IMO... the PWD can be turned into a wireless streaming DAC (like the Slim Devices Transporter) for an additional $500 (wireless bridge)...

So $3.5K to do what the Slim Devices Transporter does for $2K (but with a much cooler user interface and possibly better sound)... or what my Squeezebox & Benchmark combo does for $1.3K...
    Could we convince you to buy the MH DAC from AA, compare it for 30 days and then return it? I'd certainly be interested in reading what your opinions would be.

It's unlikely Ajani doesn't live in the US if I recall correctly.

nightflier
    yeah, but the Music Hall is small & easy to ship.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    It's unlikely Ajani doesn't live in the US if I recall correctly.
    Yep... that'd be the problem... I'd have to pay for shipping both ways on the MusicHall and import duties (which would be hell to get back from the government when I returned the DAC)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Yep... that'd be the problem... I'd have to pay for shipping both ways on the MusicHall and import duties (which would be hell to get back from the government when I returned the DAC)...

You should send me your DAC for comparison then. I'll return it, Trust me.

nightflier
    This exchange program doesn't sound like such a bad idea. I do the same with my friends, except there's no shipping involved. It's how I get to play with toys I could never afford. I'm also the poorest of the group, ironically, although this economy has changed the dynamics a bit for some of our high-rollers, LOL.

I haven't had the same luck with my proposed sports car exchange program...hmmmmm....

It's about time...

Looks like musicdirect has the MH DACs in stock and is shipping soon. Hopefully will see mine later this week or early next.

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/84663

Update, Just talked to Musicdirect and my DAC is going out today.

Never heard of this till today but I had to register my shipping addy with my Credit Card B4 they would ship. Anyone else ever had to do this?

nightflier
    LDB, I look forward to your review. So what's with the new avatar?

LDB, I look forward to your review. So what's with the new avatar?
    I'm actually going to try to write a formal review, that should be good for a laugh.

The Avatar is the cover from John Lee Hookers' 1989 "The Healer" album.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information