Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Well since you obviously know me better than I know myself, please enlighten me why I chose to do what I did? The problem is that you (along with a few others) think that you "own this place" and therefore gang up on anyone that you feel indifferent towards in order to satisfy your pathetic life that you live in the real world.
    Hey PS,

Good to see you again.

If you look around, you'll find that Pix is not the most popular guy around here. I don't think he cares to be. But you made it your puppose in life to run him out of town. That made you out as the bad guy. Let's let it all go and move on.

How do you feel about subs on the floor? I have heard about something called a "grandma" that people are using under their subs. I don't know what those are, but they could have picked a better name.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I don't have any experience with my sub Hyfi. It is used in my HT system, basically for movies and I have it set for really low bass, since my mains can handle most.

What I can tell you, is I have alot of experience with my rig for my bass. There was a time when I gigged quite often. Using a 15" with a 2 - 10" on top, I sometimes had to elevate the stack on milk crates or wood in order to get the sound to travel further down the club.

I always hated doing that, it sucked all the bass out of the floor. Took away all that "feel" from under my feet. It was great for tightening up the sound though. Higher notes really shredded, and lower notes took on improved clarity but I still wouldn't trade that rattle for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Do you guys want to call a Whaaaambulance or something?

Please keep this thread about Subs and get over your issues in PMs or in the Steel Cage section.
    Agreed.

There is no fear of crapping a thread here at AR, because the mods allow regular members freedom to post whatever. For the most part, this is great. I however don't feel the same.

When things go as directly off topic as they have here, I think the EDIT button needs to come out. When there is no value to the posts, and they are made out of spite or anger, they are useless.

At least when some people argue here, there is great info still to be had in their posts.

Not trying to play a heavy, but there has to be some limits.

Yes, more about subs..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suspended
    So here is how it turned out. I am loving how clear this has made all the bass notes instead of just having LF rumble and deep unrecognizable notes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Get your sub up off the floor?-sub-vti.jpg  

So here is how it turned out. I am loving how clear this has made all the bass notes instead of just having LF rumble and deep unrecognizable notes.
    Thanks, Hyfi. It's very good to know your experience in this regard.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Thanks, Hyfi. It's very good to know your experience in this regard.
    I see it as almost the same as room tuning to get rid of the same effects that lifting up the sub will do.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hey PS,

Good to see you again.

If you look around, you'll find that Pix is not the most popular guy around here. I don't think he cares to be. But you made it your puppose in life to run him out of town. That made you out as the bad guy. Let's let it all go and move on.

How do you feel about subs on the floor? I have heard about something called a "grandma" that people are using under their subs. I don't know what those are, but they could have picked a better name.

Hmmmm. Yeah, cause I picked up on his B.S. from day one and called him out on it, which apparently was my mistake, but I refuse to let someone float on and on about stuff that they really don't know anything about. This place is to help people with our accurate experience of things and to help steer people in the right direction if they need that type of help.

Thank you for the "welcome back", it's nice to know that someone enjoys having me around.

As far as the subs go, I actually crafted my own set of legs for mine using cushions that they sell for people who have furniture on hardwood floors, it's a small circular foam bad that serves the purpose well as you can get it in a half-inch size and there is an adhesive on the back, so if you take two of them and stick them together, you can get 1" of lift and place them on the four corners of the subs. Because they are designed to hold the weight of furniture legs, they are firm and fully capable of any subs weight.

Of course he hasn't, nothing has changed since he started coming here several years ago, interestingly enough he still hasn't posted any pictures of any of his equipment either, which his excuse years ago was a broken camera, but I think or at least I would hope most people by now have caught onto the fact that he tries to talk the talk, but has never walked the walk and thus one of the reasons I left 2 years ago when I did from this place. I am shocked to see that he is still around making ridiculous statements without any support.
    Peruvian...I remember you from years ago, but I never posted then but just a lurker mostly. I had wondered what happen to you now your back....let me say welcome back. But I have sorta seen a critical side coming from you.....you bitter or something? Slow down man...you only been back a few days now...did you leave bitter? Shake it off man and just enjoy....from what I've seen most here jive with one another but we all kool with one another.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

BTW my sub is a Mirage OM-12 which I don't think they sell anymore.
    I have a Mirage OM 8 in my main home theater....nice and powerful...so I know the OM 12 is even more powerful.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Peruvian...I remember you from years ago, but I never posted then but just a lurker mostly. I had wondered what happen to you now your back....let me say welcome back. But I have sorta seen a critical side coming from you.....you bitter or something? Slow down man...you only been back a few days now...did you leave bitter? Shake it off man and just enjoy....from what I've seen most here jive with one another but we all kool with one another.
    Yeah, I'm good. Just like anyone else in the world, I personally don't care for being accused falsely of something and the fact that certain people around here are saying that I am alternative users and other users from the past, is insulting and furthermore, the Mods here know it and won't confirm the truth of the matter.

There is a level of arrogance from certain regulars here who seem to think that anyone who doesn't see eye-to-eye with them (and there are lots of them) must all be the same person because how could more than one person in the world disagree with them or the antics of this site....? It's just pathetic really.

I am not going to back down, but will mostly be spending time on this site like before answer questions that I can, making observations about various posts, and healthily contributing however I can. It's a fun place, despite some dysfunction.

Yeah, I'm good. Just like anyone else in the world, I personally don't care for being accused falsely of something and the fact that certain people around here are saying that I am alternative users and other users from the past, is insulting and furthermore, the Mods here know it and won't confirm the truth of the matter.

PS, we all know, just as you, that you didn't leave. You were suspended and you very well knew why. don't go bull****ting about you "leaving".

Now you're back and we're all fine with that, we appreciate your contributions to the forum, but don't bring back your past with you. Just let it go.

Welcome back.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

There is a level of arrogance from certain regulars here who seem to think that anyone who doesn't see eye-to-eye with them (and there are lots of them) must all be the same person because how could more than one person in the world disagree with them or the antics of this site....? It's just pathetic really.

I am not going to back down, but will mostly be spending time on this site like before answer questions that I can, making observations about various posts, and healthily contributing however I can. It's a fun place, despite some dysfunction.
    Hey you mentioned that my gear appeared cluttered to you. Hahahahha, I see it's in fact YOU who have some clutter of your own. Your closet appears to be jammed full of skeletons little fella.

Suspended
    Thread closed!

Go piss on your own threads and grow the **** up!

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Please keep this thread about Subs and get over your issues in PMs or in the Steel Cage section.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information