Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bfalls
    You venture into the offensive yourself with comments like" Ever heard a conventional laminated transformer hum?
    Like 3db, you are not able to keep track of who is saying what. Those were my questions.

Ever wondered why toroidal transformers have all but replaced the laminated type? Know and understand for field effects and convenience in design of multi-channel receivers.
    First of all, they have been used in far more than multi-channel receivers. My 1992 Audio Research preamp has one. Field effects. As in minimized field effects! Bingo!!! You have answered your own question as to what Shakti stones are intended to address. Why is that so difficult for you to realize?

rw

3db
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Your "explanation" devoid of actual important metrics such as inductance, capacitance, etc. fails to explain any notion of causation.

rw
    Do you mean transmission line effects of a conductor? Parasitic losses due to inducatnace and capaicatance? Whoa dam your good.. NOT. These effect signals of the 100 Mhz range which is way higher than that audio frequency range. You have demonstrated quite clearly with this last statement thay you have no clue of what you are talking about. You throw out a few buzz words and hav eno understanding of the concepts implied nor their behavior in a circuit. Stop trying to play with teh big boys, get a book and read and educate yourself beofre wasting anyone else's time.

3db
    Forum Regular
    I feel in fine company with many notable recording engineers whose direct experience (you know - actually using them in a system vs. contemplating what they might do) suggests otherwise. While this list is composed by Grant Samuelsen of Shunyata, it does not alter the facts:

"Bob Ludwig (one of the worlds top recording engineers) Uses after-market power cords, conditioners and cabling throughout his recording studio and swears by them (not at them)

Rick Rubin (multi-grammy winning producer) Uses after-market power cords throughout his home studio and has had them over-nighted overseas for recording projects). He recommends them tirelessly to studios he works with and is very outspoken about their value.

James Guthrie (Grammy winner,Floyd's DSOTM mastering engineer) Uses and enthusiastically recommends after market PC's to colleagues, including Sony Japan, who after testing them in their systems purchased dozens of them at retail from a Japanese distributor. What no spiff? Nope, dozens of $1k and $2k power cords at retail--after testing.

Doug Sax (see James Guthrie) They are close, so even hardened skeptic DS was won over after hearing what they brought to the system used for SACD remaster of DOSTM

SkyWalker Sound (15 Grammys for best sound) Purchased multiple after market PC's for their studios, recommends them to others.

Steve Hoffman (Grammy winner, sound engineer) uses a variety of aftermarket power cords and even blogs and reviews about his experiences.

Stephen Epstein (Multi-Grammy winning engineer for Isaac Stern, Yo Yo Ma, Perlman etc) Uses after market PC's and refers to them as essential to his checking of masters.

Peter McGrath (Recording engineer) uses after market PC's for all his recording work at home and brings them with."

Quotes by engineers

This comment by a musician and trustee of a symphony perfectly describes my experience:

"Here is what I heard: The most dramatic effect was an improvement in transduced acoustics. Previously I heard vocal or musical instruments that sounded excellent but were missing something relative to a live performance experience. Now I heard harmonic depth within and between voices and instruments that provide the richness and stage presence of a live performance. Now the individual voices and instruments interact with one another as in real life. Now I easily heard the small echoes, reverberations and other cues (some people call this inner detail) associated with a live performance space that were previously absent. The speed of dynamic changes in percussion instruments (attack) were also improved to better resemble a live performance."

BTW, it was a thirty year member of the Atlanta Symphony Chorus, board of directors, perpetual season ticket holder and contributor to the Absolute Sound who introduced me to the concept. The sad part is that it is YOUR loss.

rw
    Your name dropping doesn't impress me nor does it add credability. Most of these are taken from adds trying to sell these mone stealing products. These guys actually hurt the reputation of the audio industry. The audio industry is so pervasive in snake oil BS and its the uneducated (uneducated meaning not educated in the principlles of Acoustics and Electrical properites) people that propogate this BS to nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    Do you mean transmission line effects of a conductor? Parasitic losses due to inducatnace (sic) and capaicatance (sic)? Whoa dam your good.. NOT. These effect signals of the 100 Mhz range which is way higher than that audio frequency range.
    Gee, that's funny. It is well known that high capacitance ICs can roll off the top octave in the audible range. That's why I use a low cap design.

You have demonstrated quite clearly with this last statement thay you have no clue of what you are talking about.
    Just responding to your Astro Boy response. Nothing any better provided here either.

rw

Your name dropping doesn't impress me nor does it add credability (sic). Most of these are taken from adds (sic) trying to sell these mone (sic) stealing products.
    Whether or not you care about what some of the best recording engineers find useful is pretty much irrelevant to them.

These guys actually hurt the reputation of the audio industry. The audio industry is so pervasive in snake oil BS and its the uneducated (uneducated meaning not educated in the principlles (sic) of Acoustics and Electrical properites (sic)) people that propogate (sic) this BS to nauseum.(sic)
    Speaking of uneducated! Anyway, I think you're not exactly helping your viewpoint either. Experience? No. Plausible explanation? No.

rw

Whether or not you care about what some of the best recording engineers find useful is pretty much irrelevant to them.
    Speaking of uneducated! Anyway, I think you're not exactly helping your viewpoint either. Experience? No. Plausible explanation? No.

rw
    Oh, you guys. A couple of things:

For centuries medical practitioners were convinced that blood-letting was an efficacious treatment for many medical disorders.

The use of "sic" to point out minor spelling or similar errors is an ad hominen attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    The use of "sic" to point out minor spelling or similar errors is an ad hominen attack.
    You mean like suggesting that countless audio and recording engineers are simply uneducated and are hurting the industry instead of attempting to address the question itself?

rw

Suspended

rw
    How many of the names you've dropped have incorporated the Shakti Stones and "Magic Fuses" into their designs. Their web site list only one. Seems like a quick and easy way to release inner detail per yours and Emaidel's assertions. Beats the h#ll out of wasting the engineering time on their obviously flawed designs.

Even if they provide the tweaks free of cost, they should be money ahead. They could market their products as having the tweaks. Apparently what's said is different than what they'd do. Or they don't feel the tweaks are worthy enough or would be detrimental to sales.

The EMI tests on the Shakti site display tests using signals generated by a comb generator in the 312.5MHz - 1.6833GHz range and had to set the stone on top of the antenna to get the desired results. What does this have to do with audio? It may have some effect on data, but not analog.

If you look at their site's audio and video section, they have the stones placed all over the equipment, on the incoming and outgoing interconnect plugs, the power plug, in-line with the interconnect and speaker cables. Large stones setting on top of components, also framing the tweeter of one speaker. They even had half a dozen stones set on the circuit board of what appears to be an open preamp. Could get expensive for a tweak.

You mean like suggesting that countless audio and recording engineers are simply uneducated and are hurting the industry instead of attempting to address the question itself?

rw
    I'm saying that I don't know about A&R engineers, but that the practioners of various arts have common practices that aren't necessarily founded solidly in science.

How many of the names you've dropped have incorporated the Shakti Stones and "Magic Fuses" into their designs.
    Are you incapable of cross-referencing names of those who use both aftermarket power cords and Shakti stones? I'll help you out. I find four from the two lists. Clearly, the larger number (18+) on the Shakti list are audio manufacturers themselves.

Their web site list only one.
    To which company do you refer? Hi-Fi Tuning is a German company and Shakti Innovations is located in California.

The EMI tests on the Shakti site display tests using signals generated by a comb generator in the 312.5MHz - 1.6833GHz range and had to set the stone on top of the antenna to get the desired results. What does this have to do with audio? It may have some effect on data, but not analog.
    That would be the reason engineers put RF filters on the inputs of amplifiers and the like.

If you look at their site's audio and video section, they have the stones placed all over the equipment...Could get expensive for a tweak.
    Ok. I consider using a pair of similar devices on $10,000 VTL amps to be quite reasonable. You may think otherwise.

rw

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I'm saying that I don't know about A&R engineers, but that the practioners of various arts have common practices that aren't necessarily founded solidly in science.
    Ok. Clearly, my references have been about experienced audio and recording engineers.

rw

3db
    Forum Regular

rw
    Follow the lemmings off the cliff as your incapable of thinking freely for yourself.

Every example you have shown me is just plain wrong. Give it up man. Your spinning wheels going no where's fast. *pats your pointy little head" E for effort.

3db
    Forum Regular
    Ok. Clearly, my references have been about experienced audio and recording engineers.

rw
    which you have soundly misinterpreted..

Follow the lemmings off the cliff as your incapable of thinking freely for yourself.
    I've been using and enjoying the benefits of aftermarket power cords for about seven years now. I found the endorsements of the famous recording engineers yesterday.

rw

which you have soundly misinterpreted..
    Really? Hmmm. Gee, that's not what these guys are saying:

"All of us associated with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra are extremely pleased with the results gained from using the Shunyata Research Hydra and power cords in our reference recording studios. These outstanding, musical products have enhanced our recordings and made it easier for our musicians to hear the detail of their instruments!"
    -- Peter Poltun, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra

“As studio owners, we are regularly exposed to numerous ‘quality enhancement products’ and have naturally become cautious and very selective; you rarely achieve an audible improvement without somehow adversely affecting another element in the audio chain. We have been using Shunyata power cables at my studio for some time now. Careful placement of the cables has resulted in reduced distortion, improved clarity, better low level detail and richer 3-dimensional depth in the soundstage. The Anaconda PowerSnakes, for example, have transformed our Sonoma system, used during the mastering process for the new 5.1 mix of ‘The Dark Side of The Moon’. I look forward to trying the Hydra AC distribution next. Highly recommended."
    -- James Guthrie, Grammy award winning Producer/Engineer (Pink Floyd)

“We first put the Hydra to test on a monitor system that had problems with noise and clarity. The result was less noise with an improvement in overall sound quality. We now use the Hydra's on our Model 2 converters, AES router and main monitor system consisting of B&W 802 speakers and Chord Amps.“
    -- Clayton Wood, Senior Engineer: SkyWalker Sound

"Shunyata Research power cables and interconnects made a remarkable difference in my reference system. The PowerSnakes power cables added effortless muscularity, control and wide-open clarity to the amps driving my speakers. These are not subtle tweaks. I would guess the amps sound 15 percent better -- a far bigger difference than any speaker cables have made and in many cases, as unbelievable as it may seem, a greater improvement than changing the whole front end. I could not recommend them highly enough."
    -- Rick Rubin, Grammy winning Record Producer

"We conducted a series of listening test to both the Shunyata cables and the Hydra power conditioner. Our comparison point included both standard mains cables and other esoteric cables. We found that both the Shunyata cables and the Hydra gave the best results by some margin."
    -- Phil Taylor, Studio Manager: Astoria Studio, UK

"We were particularly impressed with the sense of phase coherence that Shunyata products delivered, giving noticeably better imaging, depth and clarity. We tried many different areas of our signal path, all benefited. With digital sources it was almost as if we had switched from 44.1k/16 bit to 96k/ 24 bit. We now run all our analogue machines, workstations and the mixing console from the Shunyata equipment."
    -- Andy Jackson, Senior Mastering Engineer: Astoria Studio. UK

"I have personally evaluated the Hydra power conditioning system along with your PowerSnakes power cables. I was very impressed with the results. Shunyata Research products are now part of my equipment set up. Especially, with my 2 track tape machines, the sound with your system was definitely more transparent and clear. I would highly recommend Shunyata Research products to any professional audio/video facility.”
    -- Vlado Meller, Senior Mastering Engineer: Sony Music Studios, New York

"I have been very skeptical of power related tweaks above and beyond good basic engineering practices like wire sizing, proper grounding and good solid connections. That said I tried to be open to the merits of the Shunyata approach regarding power management. After living with various power cables, outlets and Hydra AC distribution systems for several months while working on my DMP Archive Project, I can honestly say that Shunyata Power Systems do contribute to a more solid, focused and accurate sonic picture."
    -- Tom Jung, President: Digital Music Products Inc.

"For many years, I've tried and tested power conditioners by major manufacturers with varying results. I'm pleased to say that I can now put my search for the elusive optimal AC conditioner to rest. The Hydra Model-8 and Hydra Model-2 power conditioners coupled with Shunyata's power cables have provided me with an extremely clean and transparent foundation by which I can check and approve test pressings with full confidence."
    -- Steven Epstein, 12 time Grammy winner 6 time Grammy winner: "Classical Producer Of The Year”

"I've run out of words to describe the effect Shunyata Research has had on the SACD experience in our studio. From the mass and quality of the Hydra power distribution center with it's dynamic openness, the clarity gleaned from the Anaconda Alpha/Anaconda VX, and the direct detail obtained from the interconnects and speaker cables. Shunyata Research has put a very positive signature on Crest National's, Hollywood reference listening experience."
    -- Jon Truckenmiller, Sr. VP Engineering: Crest National Studios

"We are using various Shunyata products to further our quest for the best signal path in tracking, mixing, and mastering. The Hydra Model-2 and Hydra Model-6 on various vintage guitar amps and vintage analog keyboards have made a world of difference in clarity and punch. We are using the Python line for our 24-track tape machine, DACs, tube preamps, and tube microphone power supplies. On the power amps we have the Taipan line. Again I have noticed more definition in the transients. Overall I think that Shunyata products are an integral part of taking the critical listening system to the next level."
    -- Brett Allen, Studio Manager: Look Out Sound Studios

“After trying numerous top shelf brands of power distribution and IC's for my mastering facility, only the Shunyata Research Hydra's and PowerSnakes remained as a vital part of my signal path and playback system. It's never been so easy to achieve the great sound that I have been striving for -- I no longer have to reach for my equalizers to find space for the details that I now have in spades. Lower noise levels let me get deeper into a mix without sacrificing power to my equipment. No anemic sounds here! Just music that always sounds right. I want to re-master my whole discography now!”
    -- Phil Demetro, Mastering Engineer: The Lacquer Channel, Toronto

All in all, the system now produces an audio hologram that much more closely approximates a live performance. Thanks for your recommendation of this excellent product."
    -- Doug Munch, New Jersey Philharmonic Orchestra

Feel free to disagree with us.

rw

3db
    Forum Regular
    Really? Hmmm. Gee, that's not what these guys are saying:

"All of us associated with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra are extremely pleased with the results gained from using the Shunyata Research Hydra and power cords in our reference recording studios. These outstanding, musical products have enhanced our recordings and made it easier for our musicians to hear the detail of their instruments!"
    -- Peter Poltun, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra

“As studio owners, we are regularly exposed to numerous ‘quality enhancement products’ and have naturally become cautious and very selective; you rarely achieve an audible improvement without somehow adversely affecting another element in the audio chain. We have been using Shunyata power cables at my studio for some time now. Careful placement of the cables has resulted in reduced distortion, improved clarity, better low level detail and richer 3-dimensional depth in the soundstage. The Anaconda PowerSnakes, for example, have transformed our Sonoma system, used during the mastering process for the new 5.1 mix of ‘The Dark Side of The Moon’. I look forward to trying the Hydra AC distribution next. Highly recommended."
    -- James Guthrie, Grammy award winning Producer/Engineer (Pink Floyd)

“We first put the Hydra to test on a monitor system that had problems with noise and clarity. The result was less noise with an improvement in overall sound quality. We now use the Hydra's on our Model 2 converters, AES router and main monitor system consisting of B&W 802 speakers and Chord Amps.“
    -- Clayton Wood, Senior Engineer: SkyWalker Sound

"Shunyata Research power cables and interconnects made a remarkable difference in my reference system. The PowerSnakes power cables added effortless muscularity, control and wide-open clarity to the amps driving my speakers. These are not subtle tweaks. I would guess the amps sound 15 percent better -- a far bigger difference than any speaker cables have made and in many cases, as unbelievable as it may seem, a greater improvement than changing the whole front end. I could not recommend them highly enough."
    -- Rick Rubin, Grammy winning Record Producer

"We conducted a series of listening test to both the Shunyata cables and the Hydra power conditioner. Our comparison point included both standard mains cables and other esoteric cables. We found that both the Shunyata cables and the Hydra gave the best results by some margin."
    -- Phil Taylor, Studio Manager: Astoria Studio, UK

"We were particularly impressed with the sense of phase coherence that Shunyata products delivered, giving noticeably better imaging, depth and clarity. We tried many different areas of our signal path, all benefited. With digital sources it was almost as if we had switched from 44.1k/16 bit to 96k/ 24 bit. We now run all our analogue machines, workstations and the mixing console from the Shunyata equipment."
    -- Andy Jackson, Senior Mastering Engineer: Astoria Studio. UK

"I have personally evaluated the Hydra power conditioning system along with your PowerSnakes power cables. I was very impressed with the results. Shunyata Research products are now part of my equipment set up. Especially, with my 2 track tape machines, the sound with your system was definitely more transparent and clear. I would highly recommend Shunyata Research products to any professional audio/video facility.”
    -- Vlado Meller, Senior Mastering Engineer: Sony Music Studios, New York

"I have been very skeptical of power related tweaks above and beyond good basic engineering practices like wire sizing, proper grounding and good solid connections. That said I tried to be open to the merits of the Shunyata approach regarding power management. After living with various power cables, outlets and Hydra AC distribution systems for several months while working on my DMP Archive Project, I can honestly say that Shunyata Power Systems do contribute to a more solid, focused and accurate sonic picture."
    -- Tom Jung, President: Digital Music Products Inc.

"For many years, I've tried and tested power conditioners by major manufacturers with varying results. I'm pleased to say that I can now put my search for the elusive optimal AC conditioner to rest. The Hydra Model-8 and Hydra Model-2 power conditioners coupled with Shunyata's power cables have provided me with an extremely clean and transparent foundation by which I can check and approve test pressings with full confidence."
    -- Steven Epstein, 12 time Grammy winner 6 time Grammy winner: "Classical Producer Of The Year”

"I've run out of words to describe the effect Shunyata Research has had on the SACD experience in our studio. From the mass and quality of the Hydra power distribution center with it's dynamic openness, the clarity gleaned from the Anaconda Alpha/Anaconda VX, and the direct detail obtained from the interconnects and speaker cables. Shunyata Research has put a very positive signature on Crest National's, Hollywood reference listening experience."
    -- Jon Truckenmiller, Sr. VP Engineering: Crest National Studios

"We are using various Shunyata products to further our quest for the best signal path in tracking, mixing, and mastering. The Hydra Model-2 and Hydra Model-6 on various vintage guitar amps and vintage analog keyboards have made a world of difference in clarity and punch. We are using the Python line for our 24-track tape machine, DACs, tube preamps, and tube microphone power supplies. On the power amps we have the Taipan line. Again I have noticed more definition in the transients. Overall I think that Shunyata products are an integral part of taking the critical listening system to the next level."
    -- Brett Allen, Studio Manager: Look Out Sound Studios

“After trying numerous top shelf brands of power distribution and IC's for my mastering facility, only the Shunyata Research Hydra's and PowerSnakes remained as a vital part of my signal path and playback system. It's never been so easy to achieve the great sound that I have been striving for -- I no longer have to reach for my equalizers to find space for the details that I now have in spades. Lower noise levels let me get deeper into a mix without sacrificing power to my equipment. No anemic sounds here! Just music that always sounds right. I want to re-master my whole discography now!”
    -- Phil Demetro, Mastering Engineer: The Lacquer Channel, Toronto

All in all, the system now produces an audio hologram that much more closely approximates a live performance. Thanks for your recommendation of this excellent product."
    -- Doug Munch, New Jersey Philharmonic Orchestra

Feel free to disagree with us.

rw

Ok.. I'll disagree.

Ok.. I'll disagree.
    I have always marveled as to how much time some folks devote to discussing that which their belief structure asserts does not exist.

Deja vu

rw

3db
    Forum Regular
    I have always marveled as to how much time some folks devote to discussing that which their belief structure asserts does not exist.

Deja vu

rw

All in the name of science my friend. I believe good audio is a result of tried and true practises in both acoustics and electrical principles and not thru tweeks that cannot be explained through these principles. Nothing you mentioned in this thread explained the reason for the improved sound. You supplied no concrete examples as to why its sounds better..You just beleive they do through your ears and through some lame testimonials from people who beleive snake oil is alive and well. I beleive in science and egineering prinicples which you clearly failed to demonstrate time and time again. Your beleifs maybe strong but the basis which supports your beliefs is simply not there.

All in the name of science my friend.
    And when asked about that science, you play Astro Boy with your absurd *explanation*. We're still waiting for a serious response from you. Let's review your claim and your response.

3db: "If you understood electrical principles, you would see my point."

Moi: Please explain it to us.

3db: "The theory without getting overly technical is that a metal's electrons are easily ripped from their orbits around the nucleus. The easier the electrons are pulled from their orbit, the better a conductor that material makes and the less energy required to make that happen. The distance between the nucleus and orbit of the electrons is what determines how easy/hard it is to break the free electrons from their orbit.The greater that distance, the less potential is required to strip the electrons from their nucleus. Its simply an energy state relationship unlike the phono cartridge example you've supplied. I can TOTALLY understand how one cartridge could sound better/worse/different than another simply because there' s a electrical-mechanical interface there based on geometries of movement, variances of the coils between channels, etc. But in electrical conduction through a metal, its just supply potential enough to cause current flow and it requires very little potential for that too happen."

And you wonder why I don't take you seriously. Hint: your farcical little story needs to explain causation in context with audio signals driving speakers which provide a complex and changing load to the amplifier driving them. Also, you share bfall's confusion with who said what. emaidel spoke of a phono cartridge.

As for me, I'm done with the topic. Your lame scientific explanation speaks for itself. And, for heaven's sake, find yourself a spell checker.

rw

3db
    Forum Regular
    And when asked about that science, you play Astro Boy with your absurd *explanation*. We're still waiting for a serious response from you. Let's review your claim and your response.

3db: "The theory without getting overly technical is that a metal's electrons are easily ripped from their orbits around the nucleus. The easier the electrons are pulled from their orbit, the better a conductor that material makes and the less energy required to make that happen. The distance between the nucleus and orbit of the electrons is what determines how easy/hard it is to break the free electrons from their orbit.The greater that distance, the less potential is required to strip the electrons from their nucleus. Its simply an energy state relationship unlike the phono cartridge example you've supplied. I can TOTALLY understand how one cartridge could sound better/worse/different than another simply because there' s a electrical-mechanical interface there based on geometries of movement, variances of the coils between channels, etc. But in electrical conduction through a metal, its just supply potential enough to cause current flow and it requires very little potential for that too happen."

And you wonder why I don't take you seriously. Hint: your farcical little story needs to explain causation in context with audio signals driving speakers which provide a complex and changing load to the amplifier driving them. Also, you share bfall's confusion with who said what. emaidel spoke of a phono cartridge.

As for me, I'm done with the topic. Your lame scientific explanation speaks for itself. And, for heaven's sake, find yourself a spell checker.

rw
    No offense but I cant take the hearing of a 64 year old as gospel My story starts with the fuse and ends with the fuse . A conductor doesn't drive a loudspeaker. It simply conducts. Like I siad before, I tried to dumb it down for your level of understanding but a basic understand on your part seems to me missing.

Suspended

rw
    I doubt you're done with this topic. You always like to have the last word. 3db's explanation of basic electron current flow makes perfect sense to its point. He was dumbing it down so you could understand. Apparently not ehough. It's basic electron theory on conductivity I was exposed to in the 5th grade (early 60s), far from a "farcical little story".

You're asking him to provide to you a comprehensive understanding and analysis of how a speaker works. Why? You haven't understood his explanations to this point. It would be a waste of time and effort to go into further detail. Why should he jump through your hoops, when you ignore/discount his explanations anyway. Your only response is "I know I hear a difference", "more clarity". I haven't disregarded all your tweaks, since some are based in electronic theory. I do believe speaker wires and interconnects can sound different. The electrical characteristics of several feet of wire connected to a crossover will have some effect on the sound. Different, but not always better.

I understand what you're asking 3bd, I've had advanced AC circuit theory and analysis and understand loading, phase angle, etc.. I've read and understood speaker reviews for over 35yrs. Do you understand the entire measurement portion of speaker reviews, impedeance curves, off-axis response, adjusted frequency response...? I'd bet you probably just look at the pretty pictures, but doubt you understand them. Without understanding electronic theory, you probably pass over the entire section. It's why you're so gullible. Instead of asking us to disproved your assertions, why not prove them with facts.
    As far as any confusion between you and emaidel. I'm guilty. It's difficult to tell you two apart. You must have gone to the same "fanboy" classes. You spout the same generalities and disregard for sound (no pun intended) electrical theory. I guess it's true what they say, you know about "old dogs" and "new tricks"?

I doubt you're done with this topic.
    Yours is the last word.

rw

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

"All in the name of science my friend."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! as IF.
    ...regards...tr

3db
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hifitommy
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! as IF.
    As if what?

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

it is....................

from THIS paragraph:

Quote:

Quote:

All in the name of science my friend. I believe good audio is a result of tried and true practises in both acoustics and electrical principles and not thru tweeks that cannot be explained through these principles. Nothing you mentioned in this thread explained the reason for the improved sound. You supplied no concrete examples as to why its sounds better..You just beleive they do through your ears and through some lame testimonials from people who beleive snake oil is alive and well. I beleive in science and egineering prinicples which you clearly failed to demonstrate time and time again. Your beleifs maybe strong but the basis which supports your beliefs is simply not there.

you see, not everything can be measured, and when it can, you have to know what to measure. the example was made about early solid state measuring better about not SOUNDING better than the tubed electronics previously in this thread. better measurements were made possible by the misuse of feedback which undermined the sound of the products.

when discoveries in sound are made, the measurements to explain them many times, have yet to be devised. so stomping your foot and crowing that science doesnt support the sonic result of the tuning fuses is because of incomplete thinking on YOUR part.

in the meantime, if YOU dont hear a difference, dont but the fuses. the likelihood of your ever listening to those fuses is miniscule in any event.
    Last edited by hifitommy; 10-24-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    ...regards...tr

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information