Only 2

Question What's your HPY(hours per year) of actual use

Came up with this from the awesome comments from the Power down thread
    What is our actual use HPy(hours per year) of our Audio EQ?

Mine is something close to
    3 hours per day = 15hrs a week
    12 hours on weekends

27 hours total per week at 50 weeks a year thats a killer 1850 hours of use per year, sometimes as background music but mostly real listening, now im sure as with most of us that these hours vary from week to week but we should be able to get close.

Going even further we can take what we paid for each piece ??? I think Im doing this right, correct me were wrong please...LOL you wont hurt my feeling (note: I only have 1)
    My TFM 42 amp , 15 years ago was about $1000 and has close to 27,750 hours listening(not including idle time) which is about 2.7 or 2.7 cents a hour(I know I messed up in the power thread) Not to costly, Now the pre-amp GFP-345 $500 at 13 years at 24,050 would be not quite 2.5 or 2.5 cents a hour ... on and on for each piece , adding in any repair cost would most likely be a good idea as well... we should get our cost per hour(CPH) of actual listing time.

Well, Ive got my headache for the day...
    There's a solution for that problem,
    Its called 2 channels

Suspended
    On my main system, not including HT time, I'm lucky if I average 10 hours a week. This is not by choice there are just other things that take my time. I clock another 4 or so hours on another system in my workout room. I also listen to several hours a day of FM on a boombox at my desk. That's where I should invest more dollars for quality but I don't want my music growing legs and walking off. Sometimes we will do about 6 hours all together on the HT side, sometimes more if there's good movies to rent, sometimes not at all if the weather is good.

Look, I'm not doing the math, too much work and I've already put my time in for the day.

You actually want me to do math. I listen to Jazz and R&B casually throghout the day(about 8-10 hrs). I usually blast hip-hop or watch a movie every evening(2-3 hrs). On the weekends I start blastin rap as soon as my eyes open and may get a movie in or two also(6 hrs ea. for Sat&Sun). My system gets alot of play. Do the math if you like.

Thread Information