Question Breatheable Cloth on back of cabinet?

Hi again, I got an inexpensive stereo cabinet and the back has a "breatheable" black cloth and I was just wondering how "breatheable" it is? It is beneficial for me because i live by a highway and dust gets kicked up all the time. My components are coverd in dust within notime so I would like to keep it, just don't know if it's a good idea or not.

Thanks
    James

Forum Regular
    I do not see it being a problem as long as there is plenty of air that can circulate around you components.
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

Forum Regular
    It is very important that your equipment does not overheat. It is also important that it does not collect dust as this will cause many problems including overheating. If your equipment does get too hot or dust in getting in, take a tip from what professionals do when they are confronted with the same problem. Their equipment cabinets are completely enclosed. Air is drawn out of the cabinet near the top by a small bun fan which can run all the time. Makeup air is allowed to flow into the cabinet near the bottom through an opening covered with a filter. Check the filter periodically and clean or replace it as necessary to keep air flowing through the cabinet. This project should not be either difficult or expensive for someone handy with a few tools. Good luck.

Thread Information