Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I was wondering what does anamorphic mean exactly?
    It simply means that the picture is enhanced for widescreen TVs by anamorphically compressing the image, which a widescreen TV will then stretch out. The advantage to anamorphically enhanced DVDs is that they provide a higher level of detail for widescreen TVs. Almost all widescreen DVDs nowadays are anamorphically enhanced, but in the early days of the format, the majority of them were not. Link with info below.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ic185demo.html

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    It simply means that the picture is enhanced for widescreen TVs by anamorphically compressing the image, which a widescreen TV will then stretch out. The advantage to anamorphically enhanced DVDs is that they provide a higher level of detail for widescreen TVs. Almost all widescreen DVDs nowadays are anamorphically enhanced, but in the early days of the format, the majority of them were not. Link with info below.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ic185demo.html
    Thank you. That was a great link.

Forum Regular
    I watched the exorcist for Halloween mood. What a great flick! The extras on the disc are interesting too.

I finally gotta chance to see House of Flying Daggers last night. Not as good as Hero IMO, but I did like it.

I still got a huge list of movies to watch. Master&Commander, Das Boot, Lawrence, LOTR extended editions......it goes on and on. I will try to sneak in one on Sat. Still waiting for my Batman Begins in the mail .

Taking my kid to see Zathura tomorrow. I'm.........Oh I mean he's, looking foward to seeing it.

I finally gotta chance to see House of Flying Daggers last night. Not as good as Hero IMO, but I did like it.

I still got a huge list of movies to watch. Master&Commander, Das Boot, Lawrence, LOTR extended editions......it goes on and on. I will try to sneak in one on Sat. Still waiting for my Batman Begins in the mail .

Taking my kid to see Zathura tomorrow. I'm.........Oh I mean he's, looking foward to seeing it.
    I told you.

My girlfriend's making me watch the Harry Potter movies this weekend because she wants me to go see the new one with her. We watched the Sorcerer's Stone last night. Not too bad, I suppose.

Forum Regular

weekend movie

Anybody got any plans to watch anything this weekend?

I just got Lawrence of Arabia and Das Boot in the mail yesterday. Both superbit versions. I also gotta few others I haven't had a chance to see. Fifth Element, Stargate, Master & Commander and Hero(All DTS) . I don't know which one to throw on first.

Soo many movies, too little time
    Batman Begins.

Quote Originally Posted by s dog
    Batman Begins.
    Still waiting for mine in the mail. I'm pretty pissed about this, it's been about 3 wks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_pci
    I told you.

My girlfriend's making me watch the Harry Potter movies this weekend because she wants me to go see the new one with her. We watched the Sorcerer's Stone last night. Not too bad, I suppose.
    Yeah, it was alright. Nice DD track. I thought the story was a little weak. Not close to Hero but still a very good watch IMO.

Forum Regular
    Nobody's mentioned Kingdom of Heaven. A slow-moving film but the sequence with the siege towers coming down is worth the price of admission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information