Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Official Sopranos season 5 discussion...

Anyone keeping up on things this season? catch any of the first two episodes? Wanna point out any of the story lines and sub-story lines? Let's use this thread to do so....

After watching the first episode, I was a little disappointed there was so much emphasis put on Dr. Melfi. Thank god the second episode didn't have any of her in there. Last night's episode was a bit better in my opinion, showing more of what's to come as far as organizational conflicts - the NY crew and Carmine's son. Adrianna is headed down a slippery slope and will most likely not make it out alive. I think Janice will be causing more trouble now that she's married to Bobby - she's closer to the action. And I have a feeling Paulie and Christopher aren't done with their little feud from episode one last week - watch something go down between them. The insertion of Tony B. brings a lot of intrigue too - not at all what I expected, as I'm sure many were surprised. I have a feeling that he will cause Tony S. some problems in the near future.

Any other thoughts?

JSE
    The first episode was a little dull. The second was a little better. I think maybe these two episodes are for setup. I like that Tony has a little more of an edge so far. He was getting pretty soft last season. He's seems to be back to his ruthless killer self.

I also agree that there will be a lot of conflicts and power struggles this season and next. Looks like there is going to be a lot of violence.

Yes, Adrianna is toast. She'll get it by season's end. She and Christopher will break up as well, setting up her demise. Chris will hook up with baldy. Those who watched will know who I am talking about.

Tony B.? He's quite now but will probably snap in the next episode or so and become a ruthless killer as well. Although, I think he and Tony will be at odds. He's a great actor so it will be interesting to see his character evolve.

Overall, I thinks it's going to be a great season, less personal family and more mob family.

JSE

Best thing about the Sopranos is just how they can make twist the mundane, and make the outrageous seem routine. I mean, something as simple as Tony ripping out the home theater components and depriving Carmela and her cadre of their movie night is just rife with conflict. Contrast that with how casually Paulie and Christopher whacked that waiter outside the restaurant last week.

Tony B. looks like a very intriguing character already, and something tells me that Johnny's going to get into the middle of something pretty soon with him.

This is going to be an interesting season with Tony S. because he won't have his family around to give him grief. In a way though, that whole "normal" family dynamic was really what made the first three seasons click and set the Sopranos apart from other dramas while avoiding the most obvious mob movie cliches. One of my favorite episodes was when Tony coincidentally spotted a mob informant while taking Meadow around on college visits. That whole twisting of Tony playing the doting dad while trying to free up time to knock off that informant was pretty crazy. Looks like we won't have as much of that this season, since the plot lines are heavily tilted towards all the mob stuff.

Talking Hmm....

As a long time 'friend o da family" and having grown up in Queens near a big "family" stronghold I follow this show pretty closely. As for this season I like it so far. I liked Tony's obsession with Melfi... but I'm really worried about his long-term mental state. This separation has him losing his temper, misjudging people, over-reaching and drinking and hoin' way too much. He's got a mob war comin' in New York with Johnny Sac and Carmine Junior... He's got to be on his toes to prevent his family gettin caught on the wrong side of the dime.

I like the concept Wooch brought up about The Soprano's making the mundane outrageous and the outrageos mundane. I was stunned that Little Tony's trying to go straight and that this would piss Tony off so much. I think its one very clever twist. One thing that's not plausible however is that Little T would be allowed to associate with known felon's and not immediately violate his parole? Don't the Fed's have this practice as well?

I'm just glad that after 14 months we've something new to chew on.

Hey one other thing, how bout givin ourselves Mob nicknames?

I like "Big Bad" as in Big Bad Worf....

Da Worfster

Anyone see how Adrianna's friend was all over Chris? Then Adrianna retaliates by giving her name to the feds to get her out of the picture... definitely going to catch up with her sooner than we probably think. I really liked the scene at "movie night" with the others where she almost broke down and told everyone. I bet you Rose catches on to Adrianna's little scene, since it came right after they had their little talk about the "apostle protection program"

Anyone else like the "Where's Tubbs?" reference? You knew that was coming as soon as you saw the suit.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Anyone see how Adrianna's friend was all over Chris? Then Adrianna retaliates by giving her name to the feds to get her out of the picture... definitely going to catch up with her sooner than we probably think. I really liked the scene at "movie night" with the others where she almost broke down and told everyone. I bet you Rose catches on to Adrianna's little scene, since it came right after they had their little talk about the "apostle protection program"

Anyone else like the "Where's Tubbs?" reference? You knew that was coming as soon as you saw the suit.

Adrianna's friend will probably hook up with Christopher. That's when Adrianna will go crazy and end up getting whacked.

JSE

Question Okay, so who's gonna git whacked by sereis end?

Here's my un-offical odds on who's "got that whackin' feelin" on the Soprano's Tell me what you think...

1. Dr. Melfi - 12 to 1 she get's it. If she does it's only becuase a paranoid Tony can't let her live.

2. Johnny Sack - Better than 5 to 1 he get's it... too big for his britches...

3. Little Carmine - 2 to 1 he's gone in two weeks time.

4. Adrianna - 4 to 1 she'd dead, probably by suicide or car wreck.

5. Tony S - 3 to 1 he's whacked in the final episode... by Furio (I hope)

6. Chris - He doens't get whacked but he goes to Prison....

7. Paulie - The Russian comes from the grave to whack him 3 to 1...

Dat's my story and I'm stickin to it....

Big Bad Worf.....

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    5. Tony S - 3 to 1 he's whacked in the final episode... by Furio (I hope)
    Big Bad Worf.....
    I pretty much buy into your posted odds, except on Tony... 20-1 I'd say. The odds would shorten considerably, it this is the last season, but I heard that production has already started on season 6.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    I pretty much buy into your posted odds, except on Tony... 20-1 I'd say. The odds would shorten considerably, it this is the last season, but I heard that production has already started on season 6.
    I listened to the guy dat plays Fat Bobby Bacalla on Imus last Monday and he said they'd not even started on season 5 and that that was definately the last season... I wonder which rumor is true???

Da Worfster

I like this season better than last season so far. I like those new characters that are just out of prison, the show needed some fresh blood. I also like the Adrianna stool pigeon storyline as well.

Last week I loved when Paulie knocked that landscaping guy out of the tree, that was hilarious!

Unhappy Is Tony one lowdown Machiavellian Dog or what???

Man it's bad enough what he's doin to Carmella but damn what he did to Feech was low... right down there with what Adrianna did to her rival. Ouch... something else. Which do you feel was worse, a bullet in the head or a trip back inside for probably the rest of your life? That was just some plain cold a** s**t if you ask me.

Da Worfster

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Okay, okay people.....lets all admit that the best part of the new season so far has to be when the chick gangster....what's her name (cant think of it) is being tied up by Frank Vincent (Billy Bats from Goodfellas) and she's like "Come on guys....I'll suck your cocks....all you guys!" And Vincent is like "You'll suck our cocks?" and he looks over at the chick's bodyguard who is tied up on the floor and is like "Is she any good? What the **** am I asking you for, you probably showed her how...." Now I dont know about the rest of you Audio Review gentlemen, but I sure would have let her suck on the ol' frazole if you know what I mean.....CLASSIC!

Also noteworthy additions are: Steve Buscemi (I dont trust his character---he is up to something), Robert Loggia (remember him as Frank Lopez in Scarface? Awesome!), this week's episode with David Lee Roth PLAYING HIMSELF.....and even FRANKIE VALLI!

The chick gangster (I can't think of her name either) got killed last week, so unfortunately we won't get to hear her little gems any more. David Lee Roth was hilarious, he said something like "I used to own stock in condoms". Lawrence Taylor (LT) (former NY Giants linebacker) also had a small part playing poker as well. I do remember Frank Lopez in Scarface (Hey Frank do you know what a Hossa is ? It's a pig that don't fly straight), his character on the Sopranos is much tougher though.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki
    The chick gangster (I can't think of her name either) got killed last week, so unfortunately we won't get to hear her little gems any more. David Lee Roth was hilarious, he said something like "I used to own stock in condoms". Lawrence Taylor (LT) (former NY Giants linebacker) also had a small part playing poker as well. I do remember Frank Lopez in Scarface (Hey Frank do you know what a Hossa is ? It's a pig that don't fly straight), his character on the Sopranos is much tougher though.
    Hell yeah Loggia's character is much tougher-----the "YOU KNOW WHAT A CHAZZAH IS?Its a pig that dont fly straight" line is ****in CLASSIC!!!

By the way, that slut's name was LORRAINE in Sopranos....she had HUGE tits though....did you see those ****in things floppin around when she was running and getting her ass slapped by a wet towel?

Man it's bad enough what he's doin to Carmella but damn what he did to Feech was low... right down there with what Adrianna did to her rival. Ouch... something else. Which do you feel was worse, a bullet in the head or a trip back inside for probably the rest of your life? That was just some plain cold a** s**t if you ask me.

Da Worfster
    Yeah, that was pretty cold what happened to Feech. Something tells me that we ain't heard the last of him! But, geez what they did to Lorraine?! WTF? I thought she'd be a major character this season, but they killed her off before her character even did anything. Not to play the political correctness card, but I was looking forward to seeing a stronger female character in the thick of the mob stories. But, the way that she got did in, I thought that was a bit over the line. Besides, I have fond puberty-era memories of Patti D'Arbanville from her younger days on some of those late night Ckinemax softcore flicks, and was looking forward to "catching up"! Shame on you Johnny Sack!

Resident DVD Reviewer
    The last two episodes of this show has sucked; anyone else agree? They call this a crime drama? Where is the action? Seems like tonight's episode with Tony and this old bat his daddy used to bang is simply a pillow by which we can go to sleep while watching these ridiculous episodes; next week's seems like it's gonna be good.

What's with the big titted whores twirling around the poles of Badda Bing? They simply cant dance, can they?

Talking Ouch.... that hurt....

Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark3200
    The last two episodes of this show has sucked; anyone else agree? They call this a crime drama? Where is the action? Seems like tonight's episode with Tony and this old bat his daddy used to bang is simply a pillow by which we can go to sleep while watching these ridiculous episodes; next week's seems like it's gonna be good.

What's with the big titted whores twirling around the poles of Badda Bing? They simply cant dance, can they?
    Yeah, I thought last nights episode really sucked it out the wazzooo. I thought last weeks with the Little Tony's meltdown and Carmella finally gettin her pipes cleaned was a great episode. Hell just seein' her butt as it wiggled to the bathroom was worth it for me. I think that Prof though was one douchebago for kickin' her to the curb. He's gonna be killed anyway cause, when she gets mad, Carm can't keep her big, fat mouth shut, ask Furio. But I agree, last night bit one big turd.

Da Worfster

Yeah, I thought last nights episode really sucked it out the wazzooo. I thought last weeks with the Little Tony's meltdown and Carmella finally gettin her pipes cleaned was a great episode. Hell just seein' her butt as it wiggled to the bathroom was worth it for me. I think that Prof though was one douchebago for kickin' her to the curb. He's gonna be killed anyway cause, when she gets mad, Carm can't keep her big, fat mouth shut, ask Furio. But I agree, last night bit one big turd.

Da Worfster
    I dunno, I kinda liked the story thread with Christopher and his AA partner. Just the absurdity of Christopher trying to do the tough love bit after the other dude fell of the wagon was pretty hilarious considering that the crew just busted him in the chops just a few days earlier for nonpayment (and what about the scene in the pawn shop with the Emmy award? $15 after melting it down?! pretty funny).

And while I thought the storyline with Tony and his dad's old mistress got disjointed at times, the whole premise with tying the missing pieces together with his parents was a pretty bold storyline. I think it was a great idea, but the execution wasn't as good as it could have been. (they could've really ratched up the tension of those scenes more, it seemed like Tony could've banged her or killed her just as easily)

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Wooch and Worf make GREAT arguments for the last episode; they really do. Although I gotta say fellas, seeing Carmella's ass and tits dont do it for me.....I'd **** Adriana silly before Id touch Carm or any of those skanks on the dance floor of Badda Bing.

Talking To quote the MC in "From Dusk to Dawn"....

Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark3200
    Wooch and Worf make GREAT arguments for the last episode; they really do. Although I gotta say fellas, seeing Carmella's ass and tits dont do it for me.....I'd **** Adriana silly before Id touch Carm or any of those skanks on the dance floor of Badda Bing.
    "Silence dogs, you're not worthy to lick her feet!!!!!"

Boy how young is you? Don't you know that the best, nastiest, steamiest sex in the world is "divorced older catholic womens"? Are you silly? Adrianna's pretty, but she's a coke ho' and a snitch.... are you on crack? Now Carm or Dr. Melfi, there's some prime, middle age womanhood ready to get their respective freaks-on. They'll f**k you like champ, clothe you right, feed you good and... to quote that great western philosipher Sir Bernard of Hill...

"They don't yell, they don't swell and they're grateful as hell... give me an older woman every time".

I have spoken...

Da Worfster

Resident DVD Reviewer
    "Silence dogs, you're not worthy to lick her feet!!!!!"

Boy how young is you? Don't you know that the best, nastiest, steamiest sex in the world is "divorced older catholic womens"? Are you silly? Adrianna's pretty, but she's a coke ho' and a snitch.... are you on crack? Now Carm or Dr. Melfi, there's some prime, middle age womanhood ready to get their respective freaks-on. They'll f**k you like champ, clothe you right, feed you good and... to quote that great western philosipher Sir Bernard of Hill...

"They don't yell, they don't swell and they're grateful as hell... give me an older woman every time".

I have spoken...

Da Worfster

Hahahhahahaha....agreed on Adrianna....she is a ****in skank ho.....but GOD DAMN does she have some ****in body on her, Worf Man.....I'd **** her with nothin' but some nice high heels on her sexy feet and give her face the vanilla shake its been askin for....

As for Melfi, she sure does look sexy in those short tight skirts of hers....but something about her screams "Karen From Goodfellas" and just doesnt do it for me....Tony's fantasies of ****in' her on her desk or her riding his Italian pork pole while her tits bounce around and that ass slaps against his nutsack are hot....Ill give you that....but Carmella? I dont think I'd wanna touch Edie Falco....especially after seeing her in HBO's OZ.

That's my 2 centz and Im stickin to it!

Peace All.

You raised some good points....

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    I dunno, I kinda liked the story thread with Christopher and his AA partner. Just the absurdity of Christopher trying to do the tough love bit after the other dude fell of the wagon was pretty hilarious considering that the crew just busted him in the chops just a few days earlier for nonpayment (and what about the scene in the pawn shop with the Emmy award? $15 after melting it down?! pretty funny).

And while I thought the storyline with Tony and his dad's old mistress got disjointed at times, the whole premise with tying the missing pieces together with his parents was a pretty bold storyline. I think it was a great idea, but the execution wasn't as good as it could have been. (they could've really ratched up the tension of those scenes more, it seemed like Tony could've banged her or killed her just as easily)
    I just don't have much sympathy for low life gambling, brokedown addicts and such. My dad had a drinking and gambling problem that plagued him off and on all his life. He's the reason I never started drinking, smokin' or gamblin'. "Oh woe is me" stories do resonate with me I suppose. The Dad's mistress story lost me. What was the purpose of finding out about this character? To show his mom in a more favorable light? To show how much Tony's like his lieing cheatin dad? I didn't get it. Maybe I'll watch it again this week and find out what I'd missed.

Da Worfster

Question Are they kiddin me!!!!!

Hey guys that pool scene was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! I love Edie Falco, I want her horny and naked anytime, anywhere I can get her. Now the question I got is this. Little Tony whacks one of Johnny Sac's guys while he's in his car with a call girl. The girl says her name is "Heather", she looks vaguely familiar to me but I don't place it. She gets whacked by Little Tony for being in "the wrong place at the wrong time". The question is is this Heather the same Heather that was Meadow's (Tony's daughter) ace, spoon... back in the day? If so.... how far has she fallen and damn if there isn't gonna be fallout over that. I thought the whole episode was fantastic. Can't wait to see next weeks.

Da Worfster

JSE
    Hey guys that pool scene was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! I love Edie Falco, I want her horny and naked anytime, anywhere I can get her. Now the question I got is this. Little Tony whacks one of Johnny Sac's guys while he's in his car with a call girl. The girl says her name is "Heather", she looks vaguely familiar to me but I don't place it. She gets whacked by Little Tony for being in "the wrong place at the wrong time". The question is is this Heather the same Heather that was Meadow's (Tony's daughter) ace, spoon... back in the day? If so.... how far has she fallen and damn if there isn't gonna be fallout over that. I thought the whole episode was fantastic. Can't wait to see next weeks.

Da Worfster

Hey chef!

This episode was much better than the last few but I am still waiting for it to get really good. Those damn previews are killing me. I think the killing is really going to start next week.

I'm not sure if that's the same Heather but now that you mention it, she did look familiar? Man, if that is her and Meadow puts two and two together, that could be intresting. That Heather took one right in the implant when she got shot. That was pretty funny. Meadow is looking pretty hot these days as well. I thought little Tony was going to hit on her there for a minute during the party. That would have been funny.

Falco just does not do it for me. If that were Adriana in the pool , oh man!

JSE

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Agreed.....I would **** Adriana on the edge of that pool and take that piece of Sicilian ass over Edie Falco any day of the week.....god, is Falco manly....I hate her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information