Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    check out the dates on the third and fourth wednesdays in november.... coincidence?
    That's just downright spooky!

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That's just downright spooky!

ugh. ugh. and triple ugh. just heard from a friend a new 'theory.' The Others are really the people in that original dharma orientation video. the guy who told michael to "give us the boy" is the guy from the orientation video and the blonde lady on the boat is the blonde lady from the video as well. have to find a repeat of that dharma orientation video. supposedly you can find it on the 'dharma' website, but i havent found that yet.

update: Title for the next new episodes when Lost comes back on... "Abandoned" and "The Other 48 Days" and will reveal what happenned on the other side of the island... they'll show, i'll bet, with whoever is manning the radio hearing Boone's call and so the connection to the "But we're the survivors of oceanic flight.." that boone heard before he died.
    Last edited by Kam; 10-24-2005 at 12:47 PM.
    /create

You know, you two aren't making the next couple o' weeks fly by any faster ! What I didn't need was more questions waiting to be answered!

ugh. ugh. and triple ugh. just heard from a friend a new 'theory.' The Others are really the people in that original dharma orientation video. the guy who told michael to "give us the boy" is the guy from the orientation video and the blonde lady on the boat is the blonde lady from the video as well. have to find a repeat of that dharma orientation video. supposedly you can find it on the 'dharma' website, but i havent found that yet.

update: Title for the next new episodes when Lost comes back on... "Abandoned" and "The Other 48 Days" and will reveal what happenned on the other side of the island... they'll show, i'll bet, with whoever is manning the radio hearing Boone's call and so the connection to the "But we're the survivors of oceanic flight.." that boone heard before he died.
    I think that I still have the orientation video on tape. But I don't have the episode where Walt is kidnapped. So I can't compare. Do you think that The Other 48 Days will start to tell the story about the tail-enders? What happened to the rest of the 23 survivors? There's got to be some interesting story-telling waiting to happen. Also, that would be a good way for the writer's to fill season two.

I haven't seen the episode where Boone died. I'll have to rent (or buy) the DVD. I just wish that season one wasn't so damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    You know, you two aren't making the next couple o' weeks fly by any faster ! What I didn't need was more questions waiting to be answered!
    LOL! No-one's forcing you to read this thread my friend. But, like us, you just can't stay away.....can you?

Kam
    I think that I still have the orientation video on tape. But I don't have the episode where Walt is kidnapped. So I can't compare. Do you think that The Other 48 Days will start to tell the story about the tail-enders? What happened to the rest of the 23 survivors? There's got to be some interesting story-telling waiting to happen. Also, that would be a good way for the writer's to fill season two.

I haven't seen the episode where Boone died. I'll have to rent (or buy) the DVD. I just wish that season one wasn't so damn expensive.
    am guessing it's a combination of The Others and The Sickness that desmond mentioned that wiped out the tailenders. this would make sense as to why they are so paranoid when sawyer and co show up, thinking that they are either The Others, OR they are Infected with The Sickness and hence their "we have trust issues."

dont want to ruin the episode for you, but in a nutshell, boone gets on a radio in a plane they find crashed in the trees in a remote part of the island that boone and locke find, in a strange place too, because when they came close to it, locke's legs started giving out. now that i think of it... i have to get season one to watch this episode again, i think there are some major clues here. well anywho, boone climbs up, gets on the radio and mayday's for help, he says, we are the survivors or the oceanic flight ?, and he hears crackling back, "but WE are the survivors of oceanic flight...". was a nice chilling moment. also makes sense if its some magnetic/polar thing, since the plane crashed at that area and it effected locke. great.... more ??????????

also... i had to tear my eyes away, but found screenshots for the new episode coming up AND found the next several episode titles (beyond just the next two) AND who is starring in them... ugh. so tempted to go back and look!
    /create

Holy Crap!!!

While my American friends are telling me that Lost is taking a two week break, my local TV Guide is showing a new episode on Wednesday night. I'm sure that it's probably wrong, but I'll tape it just in case.
    You guys should have seen the episode that they showed on the Canadian channel! It's unbelievable!

So, first Kate goes into this big hatch in the ground while Locke stays up top to hold the rope. Then she screams that she thinks there's something in there and then this bright light comes out of the hole that she's in. Then, when the light goes away, she's gone. So, of course, Locke has to follow her. They meet up down in this bunker type thingy and run into some guy names Desmond....

In the meantime, Michael and Sawyer are stuck on the pieces of the blown up raft. Sawyer has been shot and Michael's son has just been kidnapped by, what appears to be, pirates....

Sound familiar? It should. They reran episode one. Bastards!

Hey Kam, thanks for the synopsis of the Boone dying episode. It's one that I've been wanting to see. I just have to make a decision, one way or the other, whether to buy season one or just rent the episodes that I'm still missing.

Maybe if I wait until Christmas, it'll show up under the tree.

Maybe if I wait until Christmas, it'll show up under the tree.
    With your advanced level of obsession, I doubt you'll make it that long !

With your advanced level of obsession, I doubt you'll make it that long !
    LOL! I'm sure you're right.

Kam
    LOL! I'm sure you're right.
    btw... i guess other's have prolly realized this... but they were on Oceanic Flight 815.... "8" "15"

when i noticed the date thing of the two weds in november, the 8,15 and 16, 23 dates, both pairs always fall on the same days. with the 4 and 42 being the odd numbers. some have said they could be lattitude/ longitude coordinates, but that doesnt seem to fit in with the 'dharma' theme. for some reason am drawn to a calendar reason, but that might be cuz i just noticed those 2 wed's in november.....

i defn feel an SAT problem, or mensa problem in there, what relates those numbers to each other.... and the 108... you do realize if you take 23 (tail enders) and 42 (front enders) together, thats 65... and subtract that from 108 is 43.... which.. doesnt mean anything?

update: great, more ??? killing myself here. the book desmond takes with him when he runs out of the bunker is The Lost Policeman, and here's the synopsis from amazon:

A comic trip through hell in Ireland, as told by a murderer, The Third Policeman is another inspired bit of confusing and comic lunacy from the warped imagination and lovably demented pen of Flann O'Brien, author of At Swim-Two-Birds. There's even a small chance you'll figure out what's going on if you read the publisher's note that appears on the last page.--This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Book Description
    Fiction. The last of O'Brien's novels to be published and now reissued by Dalkey Archive, THE THIRD POLICEMAN is Flann O'Brien's brilliant comic novel about the nature of time, death, and existence. Told by a narrator who has committed a botche d robbery and brutal murder, the novel follows him and his adventures in a two-dimensional police station where he is intruduced to "Atomic Theory" and its relation to bicycles, the existence of eternity (which turns out to be just down the road), and the view that the earth is not round but "sausage-shaped."
    Last edited by Kam; 10-27-2005 at 01:48 PM.
    /create

Yeesh! And topspeed thinks that I'm the one who's obsessed.

Yeesh! And topspeed thinks that I'm the one who's obsessed.

A little scarry isn't it?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Do you guys get the Lost Island Insider newsletter emailed to you? If not, PM me your email address and I'll forward the one that I received today. It's sent out by the writers of Lost, and it has some interesting information (one spoiler that you already know about...death of a main character...but doesn't say who) about the rest of Season Two.

I'm very intrigued (like I wasn't before ).

Kam
    ARGH!!! I can't wait anymore!!!!! i purposely turned the channel when the previews came on during monday night football... i think i know who's gonna croak and i dont want to ruin it for myself... if that makes any sense...
    haha.
    this show is giving me a neurotic complex. that's awesome.
    /create

What are you guys-n-gals gonna do when this show gets canceled for not appealing to a young enough crowd?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

GM,

Lost is a Top 5 Show and leads the coveted 18-45 demo with males. I'd say it has enough appeal to stick around .

BTW, Desperate housewives leads the 18-45 female demo. Considering they keep find new ways every week to put Eva Longoria in lingerie, I'm surprised they don't own the male demo as well!

GM,

Lost is a Top 5 Show and leads the coveted 18-45 demo with males. I'd say it has enough appeal to stick around .

BTW, Desperate housewives leads the 18-45 female demo. Considering they keep find new ways every week to put Eva Longoria in lingerie, I'm surprised they don't own the male demo as well!
    HAHAHAHAHA I saw a show the other day about the 50+ viewers not counting. Along the way they mentioned some show that was rated something like 75th but could charge more for commercial slots (because the average viewer's age is 22) than some top 10 shows that appeal to an "older crowd." Lost was one of the examples.
    I didn't know how true any of it was. But it seemed stupid enough to be true, and it gave me a chance to throw it out here.

Eva is HOT. I must admit, I watch just to see what she'll have on (or not have on) next.

I tried to get into Desperate Housewives. It didn't appeal to me. I guess Eva's just not my type.

Re: Lost - THIS HAS BEEN THE LONGEST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!!!!

I can't wait for tonight!

I tried to get into Desperate Housewives. It didn't appeal to me. I guess Eva's just not my type.

Re: Lost - THIS HAS BEEN THE LONGEST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!!!!

I can't wait for tonight!
    I thought she was everyone's type. Heck my wife even thinks she's hot.

Don't worry, you'll be lost again soon. Just a few more hours.

Kam
    mmmm eva.... have to find some of her prior work to DH....

on a related note, i actually caught the date phoneline infomercial that evangeline lilly did prior to landing Lost... she looked quite fetching. and now The Others... wonder if there's gonna be a ridiculous hottie amongst them....who also is sick in the mind, kills people, kidnaps kids, and wreaks havoc on some mysterious experiment of an island... now that's my kinda girl.
    /create

mmmm eva.... have to find some of her prior work to DH....

on a related note, i actually caught the date phoneline infomercial that evangeline lilly did prior to landing Lost... she looked quite fetching. and now The Others... wonder if there's gonna be a ridiculous hottie amongst them....who also is sick in the mind, kills people, kidnaps kids, and wreaks havoc on some mysterious experiment of an island... now that's my kinda girl.
    Eva spent a year or two on The Young and The Restless before landing on DH.

....and yes, she was just as beautiful (and just as desperate) on that show.

See, I find Evengeline to be much more attractive than Eva. Eva is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the more natural, athletic, wholesome look. The same with my men. I'll take an athletic, fit man over a pretty-boy underwear model, anyday.

But we digress....THREE MORE HOURS! Can't wait to see who kicks it. My money is still on Hurley.

Disappointingly predictable death. At least it wasn't Sawyer. He's my Eva Longoria.

The first time Walt appeared, at the beginning of the show, it actually sent shivers through me and made the hair on my arms stand up. Brilliant.

Here's my new theory on The Others. They haven't killed anyone. They have kidnapped the Tailies and brainwashed them to turn them into Others. Perhaps as part of a Dharma experiment? I decided this when Mr. Echo told his fellow tailies that they saw Others, and one of the women asked, "did you see the children?". It appeared, to me, that she was inquiring about her own children. Since they took Walt (or so we are to believe), why wouldn't they have taken other children also if they survived the crash. I think that eventually, all of the former Tailies will show-up the same way Walt has. I love how Walt tried to warn Shannon to be quiet and the big-mouth just couldn't do it. So much for whispers. hehehe.

What did they show on the U.S. preview for next week? The Canadian one alluded to The Others finding the Tailies. Ana-Lucia finds a list. Her fellow Tailies ask her what its a list of and she says, "us".

Kam
    Disappointingly predictable death. At least it wasn't Sawyer. He's my Eva Longoria.

The first time Walt appeared, at the beginning of the show, it actually sent shivers through me and made the hair on my arms stand up. Brilliant.

Here's my new theory on The Others. They haven't killed anyone. They have kidnapped the Tailies and brainwashed them to turn them into Others. Perhaps as part of a Dharma experiment? I decided this when Mr. Echo told his fellow tailies that they saw Others, and one of the women asked, "did you see the children?". It appeared, to me, that she was inquiring about her own children. Since they took Walt (or so we are to believe), why wouldn't they have taken other children also if they survived the crash. I think that eventually, all of the former Tailies will show-up the same way Walt has. I love how Walt tried to warn Shannon to be quiet and the big-mouth just couldn't do it. So much for whispers. hehehe.

What did they show on the U.S. preview for next week? The Canadian one alluded to The Others finding the Tailies. Ana-Lucia finds a list. Her fellow Tailies ask her what its a list of and she says, "us".
    i knew it'd be shannon! the second she showed up in The Fog i figured she's gonna start making movies and so needs to get killed off the island, they said the same thing when she was up for kitty pryde in Xmen3 (that the writers would kill her off if she took the role because of conflicts) so i figured it'd be her.

the preview here said they're going all the way back to the beginning from the plane split to tell the story of he Tailies. they showed shots of everyone looking haggard (surprise) and people being dragged off as they tell the tale of the tailies.

back to the episode.... when the tailies are done pulling sawyer up to that landing, and they all look around and one of them is missing, it's because the others somehow took her. then they ALL hear that strange whispering and ana-lucia yells to run... meaning the others are coming. now it makes sense that The Others are preceeded or reveal themselves by this strange whispering as thats what sayid heard (side note, kudos to sayid for nailin' shannon! score one for the brown dudes!) when he was on his way back from the french womens place as well. now when sayid and shannon were looking for walt they heard that same whispering to signify The Others again right? so then either Walt himself is one of the Others (which gels with your theory), or there were Others around right when ana-lucia shot shannon?

it most definitely feels like an experiment, but... almost as if there are multiple experiments on the island, as Desmond down in the bunker didnt seem that he knew about the Others, or at least the ones on the boat that took Walt? but the two sides of the island have had VERRRRY different experiences... kinda like someone is playing god and seeing what stimulus/response gets what... or maybe its darwin reincarnated arguing nature vs. nurture in a real life experiment... alrighty then, a whole bunch more questions... lovely.
    /create

Kam
    "They're coming and they're close" is what walt said to shannon (found this on a lost msg board), albeit backwards and through a mouthful of water. does anyone know symbols and stuff? what that means, drenched in water or water coming out of the mouth? if it has any meaning, which i am thinking it does.

but.. was he warning her about the tailies coming, or The Others coming...
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by foreverautumn
    I was the same way! I even showed my wife the goosebumps on my arm! Walt is supposed to have some form of clairvoyance, right? I guessing he's using that to project his image and messages to Shannon (why do they always kill off the hot ones first ?!) As for why he's wet, at first I thought it was because he had drowned, but now I'm thinking it's some part of the experiment where they brainwash him. Who knows?

Is it me, or is the the Driveshaft dude's possessiveness over the baby a little on the creepy side? I have a feeling we're going to see some abandonment issues come up from his past.

Great episode, especially after the last one was kinda boring. Can't wait to see what happens to the tailies next week!

I was the same way! I even showed my wife the goosebumps on my arm! Walt is supposed to have some form of clairvoyance, right?
    Oh, that's right! I forgot about that. His step-dad said something about that when he asked Michael to take Walt.

As for why he's wet, at first I thought it was because he had drowned, but now I'm thinking it's some part of the experiment where they brainwash him. Who knows?
    I've been wondering that myself. Is there some significance, like Kam thinks? Or, is it just a red herring to drive us all mad?

Is it me, or is the the Driveshaft dude's possessiveness over the baby a little on the creepy side? I have a feeling we're going to see some abandonment issues come up from his past.
    Again, I was thinking the same thing. I think that poor Claire is in for some trouble from Charlie at some point.

Great episode, especially after the last one was kinda boring. Can't wait to see what happens to the tailies next week
    Yep, the writer's are doing a superb job in keeping us at the edge of our seats each week. I can't wait for our Fusies to meet our Tailies. I'm especially looking forward to Rose finding her husband. I'm a sucker for a good reunion! I'll have the kleenex handy...that's bound to be a tear-jerker for me.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information